Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello and Happy New Year to all brothers,

I have big problem and I am asking for help.
    My car is Audi A4 2004 with RB4-CRYPTO dashboard. I messed up the instrument cluster with Vag K+Can Commander v1.4, after that I found that this version does not support my car because the dump file is crypted. Now the VIN stored in the Instrument cluster is different and all other controllers are always full with error messages. Does enyone know how can I fix it? Or can anyone give me advice? The car is second hand and I don't have any deal with the oficial dealers.

Kind regards,
    Jordan Ivanov

p.s. my english is not perfect, I hope you can understand me.
    Last edited by jvivanov; 15-01-2011 at 08:21 PM.

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A4 2004, How To Change Vin In The Instrument Cluster 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi again,
    I fixed the VIN with K+Can Commander v1.4 by reading the dumb and manual correct. Now I still have many error messages, but they are different. The most repeated error message is:
    01317 - Control Module in Instrument Cluster (J285)
    49-10 - No Communications - Intermittent
    I have attached the error log.
    Now I think the only way to fix the problems is to upload working instrumen cluster dumb from other Audi A4 B6 with RB4 crypto D36 dashboard and adapt it to the my car. So, please if somone can send me working dumb I will be very thankfull.
    If you know other way to fix my problem, please post it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jvivanov; 15-01-2011 at 08:21 PM. Reason: forgot the attachment

1 0 0

3. Re: Audi A4 2004, How To Change Vin In The Instrument Cluster 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I have the same problem with my Cluster losing the VIN. Can you please tell me how you used K+ Commander 1.4 to rewrite the VIN.

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A4 2004, How To Change Vin In The Instrument Cluster 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antony.w View Post
    Hi, I have the same problem with my Cluster losing the VIN. Can you please tell me how you used K+ Commander 1.4 to rewrite the VIN.
    On line 00F0 the last 9 are the first 9 letters and numbers of your VIN, it continues on line 0150, starts again and ends in the beginning of line 0160.
    Look at the attached prtscr, some letters and numbers are changed with # and <.
    I guess you will rocegnize some letters or numbers from your VIN on these lines.

p.s.
    regarding my previous post, I disconected the battery, connected the wires for few seconds. Half hour later I connected the battery again and since then I have no error logs.
    Attached Files

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi A4 2004, How To Change Vin In The Instrument Cluster 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Brilliant, thanks very much for that, I will give it a go tomorrow. Do you have a manual for this software please - non came with my software.

What does disconnecting and re-connecting the battery do. I read in the Audi manual that you should re-connect the battery with the ignition turned on, I don't understand this either.

Thanks again.

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi A4 2004, How To Change Vin In The Instrument Cluster 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    In the workshop manual on the first opening page it warns

Ensure that the ignition is switched off before the battery is disconnected, otherwise the engine control device can be damaged"

Presumably this also applies to reconnecting the battery as it also states that during the procedure for replacing the battery to

Switch off ignition and all electrical equipment; then take out ignition key”
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi A4 2004, How To Change Vin In The Instrument Cluster 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, I also saw the statement about ensuring the ignition was off before connecting the battery. I need to check the manual again - in detail. What I thought I read does seem a bit surprising.

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi A4 2004, How To Change Vin In The Instrument Cluster 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antony.w View Post
    Brilliant, thanks very much for that, I will give it a go tomorrow. Do you have a manual for this software please - non came with my software.

What does disconnecting and re-connecting the battery do. I read in the Audi manual that you should re-connect the battery with the ignition turned on, I don't understand this either.

Thanks again.
    I don't have manual for VAG K+CAN Commander and I guess there is no such manual for this version.
    And remember, always save the original dumb before making some changes, thats what I learned.
    If you want, send me your dumb to take a look at it, and your VIN also.
    I suppose disconnecting and re-connecting the battery resets all controllers, thats how I cleared all DTCs, VAG-COM didn't succeed with that in this case. The ignition was off.

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi A4 2004, How To Change Vin In The Instrument Cluster 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for sending be your K+ Commander binary file - I have fixed it!! On your file I noticed that the VIN appeared twice in the binary file. I simply downloaded the file from the cluster using Commander 1.4, edited the locations with the correct VIN and re-programmed the Cluster. Hey presto the VIN appears in the Extra field for the cluster in VCDS and after an hour's drive no airbag light. So thanks very much - I am very pleased. It will be interesting to see whether this EEPROM becomes corrupt again.

My next task is to find the immobiliser PIN so I can re-program another key. Do you or anyone know how to decode this info?

Thanks again.

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi A4 2004, How To Change Vin In The Instrument Cluster 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I envy you chaps that know how to manipulate software, it is above my head.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast