1. VW Golf Plus 2.0 GT TDI DSG"limp mode" 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've had my 2005 "55" reg Golf Plus 2.0 GT TDI DSG for 2 years and never had any serious problems.Couple months ago it started going into"limp mode",usually it happens at 70-80 mph,2200-2300 rpm if I put my foot down slightly,but not every time,car loses power.After I've switched ignition off and back on-It runs fine again.I've done full diagnostic a couple days ago and only fault code was 379-"Boost pressure control deviation negative".Mechanic suggested to replace boost pressure sensor-it worked ok but today,accelerating up the hill car lost power again.I do a lot of miles and car is at 125k now,it has FSH and I've done my best looking after it.This is a BKD engine famous for turbo failure-could it by sign of coked up turbo?Any advice and shared expierience will be much appreciated.

0 0 0

2. Re: VW Golf Plus 2.0 GT TDI DSG"limp mode" 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    hi mate it coluld well be the turbo is carboned up, if i was you i would vac check the actuator to see if it has fully movement, if it has check the rest of the vac pipes if it hasnt then it will be a turbo rebuild

VCDS HEX+CAN CODE READING AND RECODES

OWN A MK5 GOLF TDI JOIN THE GROUP https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/group.php?groupid=23
    2004 mk5, Viezu 140bhp Re-map, GTI front bumper, side skirts, GTI 18in rep wheels, Jamex coilovers, R32 speedo cluster, MFSW, White Roose Motorsport coolant hose's, GTTDI interior, centre consol armrest and ipod dock, leather handbrake lever

1 0 0

3. Re: VW Golf Plus 2.0 GT TDI DSG"limp mode" 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for useful info and sorry for my lack of knowledge-where is the actuator located and can it be reached without using car lifting ramp?Thank you once again and Happy New Year to everyone!!!

0 0 0

4. Re: VW Golf Plus 2.0 GT TDI DSG"limp mode" 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    hi mate the actuator is on the turbo, it is easier to reach when on a ramp as its at the back of the engine pointing downwards, but if a ramp is not spare then you can jack the car up and remove the under tray and see it

happy new year to you to mate

VCDS HEX+CAN CODE READING AND RECODES

OWN A MK5 GOLF TDI JOIN THE GROUP https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/group.php?groupid=23
    2004 mk5, Viezu 140bhp Re-map, GTI front bumper, side skirts, GTI 18in rep wheels, Jamex coilovers, R32 speedo cluster, MFSW, White Roose Motorsport coolant hose's, GTTDI interior, centre consol armrest and ipod dock, leather handbrake lever

1 0 0