Notices

User Tag List

Thread: help required to remove fuse box clear plastic cover removal procedure for vw sharan 03

1. help required to remove fuse box clear plastic cover removal procedure for vw sharan 03 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I have a 2003 sharan tdi. My rear windscreen wiper water pipe has two splits in it, one where the pipe popped off in front near side foot well, the other where the pipe is presumed split somewhere in the rear near side light cluster as when I removeed service cover it was flooded. I have mopped up what I can and I want to disable the rear windscreen wiper / washer from operating as I cant get to the pipe in the rear light cluster. The fuse box under dash has a clear plastic cover. I dont know how to remove and the hand book does not tell you, just says remove it. I have searced on google and there was a thread that said push plastic tab to each side of cover and lift cover. I have looked again at the clear plastic cover. To either side of the cover is a white plastic type lever. This appears to be hinged on a metal pin. Am I supposed to pull these two on either side to remove the clear cover or will that make the whole fuse box fall out.

0 0 0

2. Re: help required to remove fuse box clear plastic cover removal procedure for vw sharan 03 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can't help with fuse box cover but don't recall encountering any probs getting to my fuses. Are you sure it's the screen wash pipe flooding the light cluster? Some 2003 cars had a fault where the outer lens was not glued to the lamp cluster properly and water running down the body or tailgate could get behind it - check by pressing the lenses in gently and seeing if they move.

If you can see the pipe through the lamp access panel why not just clamp it off with mole grips on the pump side of the split until you can fix the pipe (it's also possible that the split is actually in the tailgate aperture conv hose and the water is running down from there)

0 0 0

3. Re: help required to remove fuse box clear plastic cover removal procedure for vw sharan 03 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am definately sure it is the screen wash unless when it rains it rains luminous green rain which smells of lemon !! Anyway, still not resolved, does anyone known how to remove the clear plastic fuse box cover ? Please help before my wife accidently activates the rear screen wiper again. Vehicle is still drying out. I have removed rear and middle row seats and now placed an electric blanket on the carpet which keeps it at a constant plus 10 degres whilst its minus 5 outside to try and dry it out. Forced towels between floor pan and under carpet to soak up puddles. This is the worst time of year for such a leak ! Oh and I called VW CUSTOMER CARE who apparently have never heard of any such problem with any VW ever. Please only leave replies if you know how to take the clear plastic cover off. Thanks for reading this thread.

0 0 0