1. Diy Oil Change ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all, after some advice please, i own a A4 TDI 1.9 S Line 7K. I am off on me hols to spain in the beast and DIS is saying service not due till 15K. What i would like to do is a diy oil change +filter before i set off. my trip will be around 2400 miles round trip, will it void the warranty at all? Also i have seen the oil + filters on Op... website is this a good place to purchase my oil kit etc.

Many thanks

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    In regards to a DIY oil change... to be honest... in theory it could affect the warrenty.. ie not offical dealer service...

BUT.. i have completed my own services now for some time..

My advice would be.. Purchase an oil filter from Audi - Only £10.00 MAX.. and a air filter, £17.00 from Audi..

Ensure you purchase the correct oil for the engine, Im not a diesel owner, so would not like to advise.. however i would buy the same stuff which came in the oil top up bottle you got when you purchased the car...

In regards to Audi knowing this had been touched, if you replace with OEM and ensure all goes back together perfect, they would be non the wiser..

as said above.. i do all my own..

its your call.

RicKT

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Did you manage to do this ok?

RicKT

0 0 0

4. oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi cheers for the reply. cant seem to find a web site where i can get a oil filter from? I wil buy the oil from O..pie oils web site. any one know where i can get filter for a4 from? cheers

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Where abouts are you??

i know a few places... or just nip into the Audi garage, trade counter and get one from there..

RickT

0 0 0

6. oil filter 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Rick, do i swallow my pride and buy from a audi ******* and then the oil from O..pie web site. Also want to clean the air filter cant seem to find the air filter cover lid? cheers A4 tdi 1.9 S line 2006 model

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    well.. if you are wnating to ensure that warrenty is in tack i would replace with OEM parts... the oil filter from Audi is about a tenner...

The air filter is about £15.00 -

The air filter is located.... opened the bonnet... to the left hand side of the engine you will see a air intake going from the grill to the left of the engine...
    undo the 2 screws... and remove the plastic air intake... bit fiddley, once removed,, the plastic intake should pull up off the air box.. and you should see about 6 inch of airfilter.. remove the screws around the plastic air box.. pull filter out and replace..

RickT

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Right.. in stead i have found you a guide with will make it simple for you..

http://www.a4mods.com/index.php?page.../pages/kn.html

RickT

0 0 0

9. oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rick T, fantastic cheers for the pics. now i can get the filter changed and oil + filter before i head to spain!
    Service not due until 15k, but oil is looking a bit black, so i'd thought i would treat her to a fresh batch before i clock up 2k heading to spain. cheers again for your help.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheels280 View Post
    Rick T, fantastic cheers for the pics. now i can get the filter changed and oil + filter before i head to spain!
    Service not due until 15k, but oil is looking a bit black, so i'd thought i would treat her to a fresh batch before i clock up 2k heading to spain. cheers again for your help.
    no worries..

RickT

0 0 0