1. headlight washer cover broken 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    my car has gone in for a warranty repair today - little hinged flap covering the headlight washer had started to not close after the wash jet had been used - simple repair one would think......

nope, whole new bumper needed as the hinge for the flap has broken and it's part of the bumper panel - ah well will get rid of a few of the stone chips !

the service guys said they'd seen a few of these before - as soon as i mentioned the problem they said i'd need a new panel and go it ordered for me - so if you have washers and the little doors don't close make sure you get them sorted before the warranty expires ! - don't know what the new panel/spray job/fitting etc would have come to but i'm pretty sure i wouldn't have been pleased
    B8 2.7 TDi debadged multitronic saloon S-Line 20mm drop in monza silver , sat nav , milano leather , cruise control , hill hold , advanced parking , advanced key , Bluefin chipped 236BPH 470NM , TPMS and ADS activated via VAG-COM

0 0 0

2. Re: headlight washer cover broken 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I bet that was due to the cold weather. I noticed mine popped out a few times or didn't close properly but once it warmed up they seemed to settle back into place!

Will now check there actually still working!
    2.7tdi sline Avant

0 0 0

3. Re: headlight washer cover broken 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    think it started about 2 months ago - i put off getting it sorted as i had a service due so thought it could be sorted during the service - had to rebook it as parts were needed so perhaps would have been wiser in retrospect to have got it inspected a few weeks prior to the service so i'd only be without my car once

its going to be in for at least 3days - i assume this is because the new bumper will need to be resprayed to match the bodywork - been put in an a4 s-line while mines in but its a manual which is a pain
    B8 2.7 TDi debadged multitronic saloon S-Line 20mm drop in monza silver , sat nav , milano leather , cruise control , hill hold , advanced parking , advanced key , Bluefin chipped 236BPH 470NM , TPMS and ADS activated via VAG-COM

0 0 0

4. Re: headlight washer cover broken 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My car also off the road for 2 days to have a headlamp washer replaced. Refusing to retract properly.

0 0 0

5. Re: headlight washer cover broken 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone else had this occur - I'd be interested to hear from you if you have had the hinge on your headlamp washer cover snap and require a new bumper?
    Lava Grey A4 Avant S-Line Quattro. 3.0TDi Black Edition

0 0 0

6. Re: headlight washer cover broken 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes , happened to me ,flap just not quite closing , Glasgow Audi said it needed a new bumper !

1 0 0

7. Re: headlight washer cover broken 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jon_iz View Post
    Has anyone else had this occur - I'd be interested to hear from you if you have had the hinge on your headlamp washer cover snap and require a new bumper?
    Hi Jon ,

Have to reply to your PM here as my post count isnt high enough to reply.

My car is a 10 plate A4 s line which i bought in Aug last year and its going in next week for a new bumper costing 700 pounds, incredible to think for the washer cover being such a small part, and all that was needed was some gentle fingertip pressure for it to close flush with the bumper. Glasgow Audi say its not covered by warranty due to previous accident damage! I bought the car from Wearside Audi and they have agreed to pay , although they tried to argue the bumper brackets ( or something similar ) just needed refitting.

Martin.

0 0 0

8. Re: headlight washer cover broken 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yes my drivers side washer doesnt retract automatically - also requiring a very gentle push! Surely theres some easy diy way to sort this? Must be a sticking mechanism?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A4 2.0 TDI S-line | 2008 | Auto | Saloon | 143BHP | Phantom Black

0 0 0

9. Re: headlight washer cover broken 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by albion80 View Post
    yes my drivers side washer doesnt retract automatically - also requiring a very gentle push! Surely theres some easy diy way to sort this? Must be a sticking mechanism?
    Is it the washer cover or the washer jet mechanism that is not retracting?
    Lava Grey A4 Avant S-Line Quattro. 3.0TDi Black Edition

0 0 0

10. Re: headlight washer cover broken 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jon_iz View Post
    Is it the washer cover or the washer jet mechanism that is not retracting?
    Good point - need to do some further investigating
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A4 2.0 TDI S-line | 2008 | Auto | Saloon | 143BHP | Phantom Black

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast