1. High pressure Fuel Pump Problems on 1.6 TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I booked my Mk 6 SE 1.6 SE TDI 105 PS in for a routine first service which was carried out today (15 Dec 2010). The car was new delivered from Germany one year ago.

I had opted for the 3 year £250 service arrangement so there was nothing to be paid for the service.

I was advised on presenting the car for service that there was a VW notification that cars of that age and type (engine CYAC) should be checked for potential problems with the high pressure fuel pump. There appear to have been failures. This is not a recall but VW are prepared to pay for quite a lot of money under warranty for cars which might be affected. It is now booked in for the high pressure fuel pump to be replaced under warranty. The cost is the pump plus about 4.5 hours of labour. I did not ask for this ; VW are doing the check routinely on all cars serviced. Given the cost of the replacement this is not a trivial issue.

This is posted just to let others know of what is going on. Personally I have no problems with the Mk 6 1.6 TDI 105 PS which is an excellent car and which has performed perfectly over the last 8500 miles. The replacement of the fuel pump is a precautionary measure. I have not heard of any reports of problems.

1 0 0

2. Re: High pressure Fuel Pump Problems on 1.6 TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    a very useful piece of info, maybe this thread could be turned into a sticky for the mk6 section just incase any mk6 owners miss this thread

VCDS HEX+CAN CODE READING AND RECODES

OWN A MK5 GOLF TDI JOIN THE GROUP https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/group.php?groupid=23
    2004 mk5, Viezu 140bhp Re-map, GTI front bumper, side skirts, GTI 18in rep wheels, Jamex coilovers, R32 speedo cluster, MFSW, White Roose Motorsport coolant hose's, GTTDI interior, centre consol armrest and ipod dock, leather handbrake lever

0 0 0

3. Re: High pressure Fuel Pump Problems on 1.6 TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine is in for its second service today, at virtually a year old (collected 19th December 2010). Be interesting to here what the service guys say when i pick it up at 5pm - i will mention it anyway.

2010 Golf Mk6 TDI105 SE - now departed, replaced with A3 Sportback

0 0 0

4. Re: High pressure Fuel Pump Problems on 1.6 TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

@bdb - Whats your 1.6 SE TDI 105 PS like on fuel? I've read reports that they aren't very economical.

e.g.
    http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12424
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

0 0 0

5. Re: High pressure Fuel Pump Problems on 1.6 TDI 
    DW58 Guest

Looks like the 1.6TDI 105PS gets the diesel economy prize to me

0 0 0

6. Re: High pressure Fuel Pump Problems on 1.6 TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah but my mum's 1.9 TDI Mk.5 gets about 55mpg! Although admittedly she doesn't thrash it.

0 0 0

7. Re: High pressure Fuel Pump Problems on 1.6 TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post

@bdb - Whats your 1.6 SE TDI 105 PS like on fuel? I've read reports that they aren't very economical.

e.g.
    http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12424
    I am a very light footed driver. Over 8000 miles the car has done about 5000 miles of local trips (average about 8 miles each way shopping etc) and in my rural area of Monmouthshire it never gets into 5th gear. It has done about 3000 miles of long motorway trips (mostly holiday trip to Slovenia and Austria). Overall based on fuel put in (I log each fill up out of interest) and miles covered it has averaged about 56 mpg. The local trip average was about 53 mpg measured over the first 3000 miles which had no long trips. Over 2500 miles to Austria and back it averaged over 60 mpg. On autobahns I do mostly travel in the truck lane at 60mph since I am not in any hurry and if I move out a lane I am forced to do 80+ mph by the other traffic.

0 0 0

8. Re: High pressure Fuel Pump Problems on 1.6 TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Well you could always join http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php if you haven't already and give you opinion on the fuel con thread.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

0 0 0

9. Re: High pressure Fuel Pump Problems on 1.6 TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vc-10 View Post
    Yeah but my mum's 1.9 TDI Mk.5 gets about 55mpg! Although admittedly she doesn't thrash it.
    i have never got near that in mine

VCDS HEX+CAN CODE READING AND RECODES

OWN A MK5 GOLF TDI JOIN THE GROUP https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/group.php?groupid=23
    2004 mk5, Viezu 140bhp Re-map, GTI front bumper, side skirts, GTI 18in rep wheels, Jamex coilovers, R32 speedo cluster, MFSW, White Roose Motorsport coolant hose's, GTTDI interior, centre consol armrest and ipod dock, leather handbrake lever

0 0 0

10. Re: High pressure Fuel Pump Problems on 1.6 TDI 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, as I said, she doesn't thrash it and most journeys are more 'ex-urban' than 'urban' sort of driving (my parents live in a small village in the middle of nowhere) so it's not that surprising that she's getting a good mpg out of it.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast