Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zakkaz View Post
    Hi Esh, Have you come across this problem with a car before? is it common.:-

The issue with the Audi is a Failure with the main shaft of the turbo charger, this problem is being repaired and is guaranteed by turbo technics with a guarantee at our expense. When the work is complete i will let you know.
    ive heard of turbo technics many times, they use to build bespoke turbos in the 80's ive fitted afew turbos they have rebuilt and never had any problems mate

VCDS HEX+CAN CODE READING AND RECODES

OWN A MK5 GOLF TDI JOIN THE GROUP https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/group.php?groupid=23
    2004 mk5, Viezu 140bhp Re-map, GTI front bumper, side skirts, GTI 18in rep wheels, Jamex coilovers, R32 speedo cluster, MFSW, White Roose Motorsport coolant hose's, GTTDI interior, centre consol armrest and ipod dock, leather handbrake lever

0 0 0

2. Re: help needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, that is exactly the one they said they are using, I will still be putting it back in for the inspection with the main audi dealer as they are only about a mile away from the garage that are effecting the repairs, so hopefully it will come back as a good report, many thanks for your help.

0 0 0

3. Re: help needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phil miller View Post
    ive heard of turbo technics many times, they use to build bespoke turbos in the 80's ive fitted afew turbos they have rebuilt and never had any problems mate
    indeed. they are usually not the cheapest, but the service is second to none, as is the quality of their work. i recently ordered a kkk turbo for an lt46 at about 4pm. it arrived the next day at 10am. you cannot really beat that.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

4. Re: help needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Trading standards have advised me that I do not need a second Audi report. The dealer must fix or investigate what the problem is in the first report. I have contacted Audi and they say the head needs to come off in order to inspect the egr cooler to check for residue. The dealer has insisted that this is not necessary and said they will not do it and are "reporting this to trading standards"??. I suspect it is more about cost as I have been quoted a min of £1800 from Audi. I have told them I will tell trading standards this is there intention and I am now going to take legal advice.

0 0 0

5. Re: help needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    you never mentioned you'd obtained a report from Audi the first time? Merely that they had confirmed the fault.

Be aware of the fact that TS are not always useful with their advice, they've ill informed me on two occasions, both of which I ended up resolving the situation myself and one of which became a police matter.

Let the garage fix the faults as they perceive them, insisting they strip the engine down is unfounded - you can't instruct the repairing dealer to strip down an engine because Audi say they must - especially as the repairing garage appear to have identified the fault as a turbo failure.

Do you have the report Audi generated? Post it up here so I can take a look please.

1 0 0

6. Re: help needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Esh, Sorry I have not made myself clear. This all started after having the car for only one week and then noticing the resevoir low. In fact so low that it was level with the feeder pipe at the bottom. I then had the report done. I told TS this but they omitted to include it in the case. Its only when I phoned yesterday and mentioned it that I learned of its true relevance. The dealer has already told me that the turbo has nothing to do with the coolant problem, they are just saying that it is non existent. When I collected the car it was supplied "fully serviced" I asked if the resevoir would have been topped up to which they said of course. That is when I said the feeder tank was empty. Their garage said it could have been an "airblock" This is why I am insisting on the full investigation. The plot thickens, half an hour ago I asked them to phone Audi stockport to confirm the problem. They actually phoned and asked them to tell me that there is nothing wrong with the car!!! Audi phoned me and told me this but said she was not allowed to say this to me as she would be lying. This is what I am up against. How do I attach a scan of the report?

0 0 0

7. Re: help needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Scan the report in using a scanner and then , for simplicity, click on my username then the 'email' link, attach the image or pdf (whatever format the scan is in) to your email and I'll upload it here for you.

my email, in case you struggle

eshrules 'at' vwaudiforum.co.uk

1 0 0

8. Re: help needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Esh, empty email, got to have 10 posts before I can email

0 0 0

9. Re: help needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

0 0 0

10. Re: help needed 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Report Uploaded below

I'd like some more opinions on this - I'm sure Audi wouldn't suggest a strip down unless necessary?

Personally, I would allow them to fix the turbo fault and see where that leaves me, Audi have detected a pressure loss, I can't see that having been rectified by the new turbo?

Click Image to Enlarge

1 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12