Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Golf Mk5 Fuse F8 10A - Whats it for ??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Golf Mk5 Fuse F8 10A - Whats it for ?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi - Currently trying to diagnose Emissions Workshop indication and the yellow engine light is on continiously. I have found that fuse F8 (10 amp) is blown in the engine bay fuse box. I replaced it and it blew again straight away.
    Can anyone advise what Fuse F8 controls and hopefully I will be nearer to finding my fault.
    Worth mentioning - The car is running fine despite the above !
    (Golf 2.0 SE TDI GT Sport 2004)

Many Thanks - Chris.

0 0 0

2. Re: Golf Mk5 Fuse F8 10A - Whats it for ?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    It is for the inlet manifold flap motor and the cooling fan control unit, you need to fit a new inlet manifold flap.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 0 0

3. Re: Golf Mk5 Fuse F8 10A - Whats it for ?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Crasher thanks for that - much appreciated !
    Does anyone know if there is a step by step thread anywhere explaining replacement of the inlet manifold flap ?

Thanks,

Chris.

0 0 0

4. Re: Golf Mk5 Fuse F8 10A - Whats it for ?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Its an easy job Chris,disconnect the big pipe coming up from the intercooler by pulling off the spring clip bag the pipe and shove it out of the way,its easier to take both the flap and egr off together so remove the exhaust feed to the egr (two bolts)retain the gasket,next disconnect the wiring to the flap,then remove the three bolts holding the flap etc to the inlet manifold then lift it out and split them on the bench.Check the condition of the rubber type seal between the egr and flap and other side (inlet manifold)should be ok, also check the exhaust to egr gasket as its not in with the new flap,salvaged mine so used again no problems.

1 0 0

5. Thumbs up Re: Golf Mk5 Fuse F8 10A - Whats it for ?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Nevo - its 7pm and cold out there now ! - but I'm gonna go and get the job started - I have got the replacement flap for £206 inc VAT from GPS earlier (VW quoted me £316 inc VAT) Just need to find a 10A fuse somewhere. I'll let you know how it goes !

Thanks for all your !

Chris.

0 0 0

6. Talking Re: Golf Mk5 Fuse F8 10A - Whats it for ?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    All sorted an running as sweet as a nut ! - My many thanks to Crasher & Nevo
    It took me about an hour and a half to change the inlet manifold flap and the loss of one allen key ! That pig of an upside down allen screw at the back ! Will use lots of blue tack on the end of the allen key if I ever have to do it again !
    Replaced 10A fuse F8 - All warning indication has now disappeared and all is back to normal. Engine also idles very nicely too
    Quick final question - will the fault/s still be logged in the vehicles diagnostic system or does it clear itself ?

Thanks again, Chris

0 0 0