1. Re: Steering torque sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    progress report...... set the tracking on friday it was 1.5 mm out not bad for guess work in the dark and cold lol set the steering wheel and then reset the steering angle sensor, but my esp light stayed on, had a steering angle fault code that i couldnt earse, so i set off to leeds, the esp light went out , i have done 700 miles since friday and she has been perfect

VCDS HEX+CAN CODE READING AND RECODES

OWN A MK5 GOLF TDI JOIN THE GROUP https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/group.php?groupid=23
    2004 mk5, Viezu 140bhp Re-map, GTI front bumper, side skirts, GTI 18in rep wheels, Jamex coilovers, R32 speedo cluster, MFSW, White Roose Motorsport coolant hose's, GTTDI interior, centre consol armrest and ipod dock, leather handbrake lever

0 0 0

2. Re: Steering torque sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Great news Phil, glad all is well. I managed to find my shiny Golf under a thick film of road grime today.... life is good

VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0T 2015 - Awesome snow churning 4x4 GTI 😉

0 0 0

3. Re: Steering torque sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onzarob View Post
    Great news Phil, glad all is well. I managed to find my shiny Golf under a thick film of road grime today.... life is good
    mine is looking very grubby atm, i was going to give her a clean when i got home but it will have to wait till tomorrow now

OWN A MK5 GOLF TDI JOIN THE GROUP https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/group.php?groupid=23
    2004 mk5, Viezu 140bhp Re-map, GTI front bumper, side skirts, GTI 18in rep wheels, Jamex coilovers, R32 speedo cluster, MFSW, White Roose Motorsport coolant hose's, GTTDI interior, centre consol armrest and ipod dock, leather handbrake lever

0 0 0

4. Re: Steering torque sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phil miller View Post
    the saga is now over, i checked the wiring and all seemed fine, so i had a rack on a subframe in the shed, i didnt know anything about the rack and didnt fancy paying £600 for a new rack, tonight me and my mate danny set about fitting the subframe with the rack, with the idea that i couldnt lose anything, so 4 coffees 5 fags and 2 hours later (plus annoying the neighbours with my nut gun) i now have my power steering working as it should after a 10 mile test drive making sure i went over speed bumps fast all seems well, the only think is i have to track the steering and set the steering wheel straight, at the moment its abit left hand down, then i have to set the steering angle again as its pulling to the right due to the s/wheel postion, all in all im happy and have learn never to use a hammer near a mk5 rack, im sure that when i used a hammer to break the TRE's rather than a ball joint seperator its that, that caused the rack fault, a big thank you to Rob and A8 tech your info has helped loads
    Sorry guys for digging up an old thread but I am from Ireland and facing more or less the same problem. The yellow steering wheel light has been coming on the last few days. I got a mates dad to run the diagnostics on it and we got the 00573 g269 fault code. He cleared the code, but it came back on a few miles down the road. The car is driving fine though and I have power steering. It has now been coming on and off intermittantly last couple of days. Sounds like a dodgy connection or something. I did hit a rather large pothole a couple of days or so before it start coming on.

Anyway I'm just wondering what the ultimate conclusion was here? You said you had a subframe on a rack. Do you mean you took the rack off your car and put it back on again or did you have a spare rack in your shed or something?......i.e did you actually have to replace the rack? Its a bit ambigous. And also was the ultimate conclusion outside the Ross Tech Solution guide.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...sor_.28G269.29

Anyway any help would be much appreciated guys as it very annoying. As I say the car is driving fine but as I say just for piece of mind!

Thanks

0 0 0

5. Re: Steering torque sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi mate yes I did replace the rack and it sorted the problem, I've got a spare rack here if your interested mate?

1 0 0

6. Re: Steering torque sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers mate but I actually have a B6 passat so not sure a golf rack would fit it? Also from Ireland so the logistics of getting it over might be a bit of a pain for you ! ;-0

I'm a bit relucant to change it at the moment cos as I say the car is driving fine, and power steering is working. So might just drive it till I loose powering steering.

I'm due a service, and also I'll be getting the front left bushings done. So after they have done the alignment I'll ask them to run through the reset procedure as per ross tech. I hope they have the VCDS software (its a mazda dealer...they are close to work plus used to have an RX8 so they know me well lol).
    Anything else I should ask them to do thats not in the Ross Tech?

If the worst comes to the worst can you just get a rack from a breakers?......or would you suggest original. I'm not sure if it would need to be coded to the car. How much should I be looking to pay for one? Haven't costed it yet but I can only imagine what an original would cost!!

Thanks mate appreciate the offer there!

0 0 0

7. Re: Steering torque sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    One from a breakers will be fine, you will need to set the basic settings using vcds which is easy to do, I don't think a golf rack is the same but if it is I don't mind sending to Ireland if u need any info pm me mate

1 0 0

8. Re: Steering torque sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Will do thanks for your help mate!

0 0 0

9. Re: Steering torque sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phil miller View Post
    Hi mate yes I did replace the rack and it sorted the problem, I've got a spare rack here if your interested mate?
    Hi Phil I'm new to this forum and Iv been reading yours and they other guys threads and found them useful can you pm please so I can raise a few queries I'm stuck thanks

0 0 0

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234