Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onzarob View Post
    Hi Phil after the telephone call and a little reading I think you need to recalibrate the rack (g85)

Read this

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...teering_Assist

Cheers

Rob
    Thanks Rob, ive gone thro it a few times now to make sure i have it logged how to do it, im just about to go and try it now, fingers crossed

VCDS HEX+CAN CODE READING AND RECODES

OWN A MK5 GOLF TDI JOIN THE GROUP https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/group.php?groupid=23
    2004 mk5, Viezu 140bhp Re-map, GTI front bumper, side skirts, GTI 18in rep wheels, Jamex coilovers, R32 speedo cluster, MFSW, White Roose Motorsport coolant hose's, GTTDI interior, centre consol armrest and ipod dock, leather handbrake lever

0 0 0

2. Re: Steering torque sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    right ive had a little joy but not a lot, here goes i followed the info Rob and everything went fine until i had to go from lock to lock, as soon as i touched full right lock the steering light went RED again, so i deleted the codes which were angle sensor and torque sensor, anyway no joy so i started again, only this time after putting in code 40168 i get in and when i try to turn on basic settings it say not possible and now i have the traction light on with the code being steering angle sensor that i cant clear, it just comes back, im now 99% sure my problems are to do with setting the rack settings but for some reason i cant do it, any ideas???

OWN A MK5 GOLF TDI JOIN THE GROUP https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/group.php?groupid=23
    2004 mk5, Viezu 140bhp Re-map, GTI front bumper, side skirts, GTI 18in rep wheels, Jamex coilovers, R32 speedo cluster, MFSW, White Roose Motorsport coolant hose's, GTTDI interior, centre consol armrest and ipod dock, leather handbrake lever

0 0 0

3. Re: Steering torque sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Oh dear, well I'm lost too. Crasher or Kenny are going to be the experts here I think. At least you have the tools to make changes

VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0T 2015 - Awesome snow churning 4x4 GTI 😉

1 0 0

4. Re: Steering torque sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Rob i really appreciate all your help on this one, im sure that once i can get the basic settings sorted and the angle set everything will be fine, like you said on the phone because i changed the hubs i have to reset the steering, im hoping i havent knackered the rack tho

0 0 0

5. Re: Steering torque sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Did you hit the rack with a BIG hammer? ...only joking i think its a coding/.adapt ion issue. Once done it will be all good. Chin up

1 0 0

6. Re: Steering torque sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Did you hit the rack with a BIG hammer? ...only joking i think its a coding/.adapt ion issue. Once done it will be all good. Chin up
    funny you should say that i did consider it but the thought of removing the under tray just to hit it put me off abit lol, it could be alot worse, atleast im building up my shoulder muscles

0 0 0

7. Re: Steering torque sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phil miller View Post
    i did consider it but the thought of removing the under tray just to hit it put me off abit
    Really if you find the under-tray difficult to remove should you be playing with the suspension??? :P

In the end the solution will seem simple.

0 0 0

8. Re: Steering torque sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Check the connectors and pins then the wiringAttachment 9700

CHECK THIS AGAIN ITS IMPORTANT
    Group 004
    [Go!]
    Field 2: Power Supply (Terminal 15), Specification: "Term. 15 ON"
    [Done, Go Back]
    [Close Controller, Go Back - 06]
    Last edited by a8 tech; 08-12-2010 at 08:17 PM.
    vag diagnostics, retrofits and general repairs

1 0 0

9. Re: Steering torque sensor 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Really if you find the under-tray difficult to remove should you be playing with the suspension??? :P

In the end the solution will seem simple.
    lol it was because it had been raining and i didnt fancy getting wet , im sure it is simple, maybe im not doing something correctly, i have a feeling im gonna work my socks off tomorrow so i can get mine in and go thro it again

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Ah, cheers A8, Phil borrowed my cable I,m sure he will check that now.

Cheers

Rob

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast