Hi guys.
I have totally exhausted myself now in finding out this vibration snag that i have with my A4. First off it is a 2002 Audi A4 tdi sport 6 speed. What happen was i was at a junction and had to pull away suddenly, The traction control cut in as usual and then from then onwards i get this vibration through the gearstick In every gear through the rev ranges of 2200- 3500rpm. Then it dissapears until i go through the next gear. The car drives fine and it is bearable but i dont like leaving things like they are.
Now before the snag i had the clutch and duel mass flywheel changed due to the clutch slipping. Car drove amzing. Since the snag has occured it has been in the workshops numerous times and the only thing they have found was that one of the engine mounts was leaking so that was replaced making no difference at all at a cost of 150 quid.
My question is.... Could bad inner Cv joints cause vibration through the gearbox and then through the gear stick?
Once this is fixed i am selling her to by a new car or if i cant fix her i will sell her cheap. Can anyone shed any light on this. It is doing my head in.