1. SD cards on RNS-E 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    SOrry this has been posted before but I cant seem to find a proper guide for doing this easily.

I would like to be able to put music from my itunes onto SD cards and have them display artist and song name on screen.

Is there a sure fire process for doing this as i'm not great with computers and have read that itunes are mp4's and you need mp3's with ID3 tags etc!?

Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: SD cards on RNS-E 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They need to be in MP3 format, Itunes can convert them if you need to.

Just drag and drop them onto the card

0 0 0

3. Re: SD cards on RNS-E 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    the format I use is as follows
    track title-artist.mp3

I have noticed though that some songs only display the title - it's something to do with the ID tags. I've managed to add tags to many of my mp3s using MediaMonkey but still got a few to do hence the inconsistency
    A6 C7 Saloon 3.0Tdi Quattro S Line | 242bhp | Quartz Grey
    2016 Triumph Street Triple | 106bhp | Pearl White
    VCDS owner - Lanarkshire Area. PM Me if you need help.

0 0 0

4. Re: SD cards on RNS-E 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hope this helps as I've already been through the frustration with my itunes library and my RNS-E (75% of my digital music has been purchased through itunes).

First of all if you are trying to play music which you have purchased from itunes on anything other than an apple product it won't work. There are management rights attached to these files preventing you from doing this(you're fine if you're working with files that you have added to itunes from a cd or another source). To get round this, download this free programme and simply drag the files from itunes into this, and hit convert. It will convert the itunes files into files you can play on any mp3 player (including your RNS-E):

http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/fre.../m4atomp3.html

Once you've converted the files you can save them where you want (even drag them back into itunes if you want) and they can be dragged/copied into the window relating to your SD card.

1 0 0

5. Re: SD cards on RNS-E 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks, I have just tried this and it works apart from one thing.

When I put the SD card in the car only the track name comes up and not the artist, it just says 'other'.

However in the 'my music' folder on the PC if I hover over the track the file info comes up and this does list the artist?!

Any ideas?

0 0 0

6. Re: SD cards on RNS-E 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Edit the IDv3 tag of the MP3 file using something like this http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

0 0 0

7. Re: SD cards on RNS-E 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I use one of two methods depending on how I've added to music to my pc:

A.) Create a new folder on the SD card and name it according to the artist then in that folder a new one name as the album. Then click and drag the appropriate files into the corresponding folder.

Or

B. Quicker & Easier) Go into 'my music' then into the itunes library folder where you should be able to find the folders named by artist. Drag and drop the whole folder into the SD card.

Also (I hope this isn't pointing out something really basic to you, in which case I apologise) you can hold down 'ctrl' and whilst holding this left click on each file to highlight multiple items. Or hold 'shift' and highlight a range of files. Once all highlighted you can drag and drop a whole bunch of files in one go.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by dredgey; 12-11-2010 at 05:05 PM. Reason: clarity of message

0 0 0

8. Re: SD cards on RNS-E 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to hijack the post, but can you play .mp4 files/video etc. using sd cards on this system?

0 0 0

9. Re: SD cards on RNS-E 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No.

0 0 0

10. Re: SD cards on RNS-E 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I used dBpoweramp http://www.dbpoweramp.com/cd-ripper.htm software to rip my CDs to MP3. Just set th SD card as the destination for the ripped file. The results are good. The file name content can be customised with dBpoweramp, and so the RNS-E displays the titles etc, which is excellent, better than using the car's CD player.
    The query I have is that in my RNS-E User Manual, it says the SD size limit is 256MB. This is not much good. Is this the real limit, or just an Audism?
    Is the limit dependant on the RNS-E firmware perhaps? My firmware is 650, and hardware is 74.
    Regards Bobcat.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast