1. water in passenger foot well 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi wondering if anyone has any ideas as to where the water may be coming from, i origionally thought it was my windscreen seal as it was white in the bottom corner but have since had this replaced as it cracked on me,

then the other day when we had some bad rain the car was parked up all day and when i got in the car to go out as i turned the car around i heard a sloshing noise and then water running down the plastic trim into the footwell on the passengerside and also from directly under the dash onto the carpet in the footwell.

any ideas would be helpful before i start pulling the dash out, it is a non sunroof model also.

thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: water in passenger foot well 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    check the drain holes in the pelham chamber as these block with leaves
    also check the pollen filter housing seal
    and if it got a sunroof check the drain tubes in the front door shuts just pinch together and see if water drains from them

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Does your rear washer work ok or is it weak? Different car i know but my Avant 2000x had same problem, it was a T peice that popped off behind the carpet in front pax, took about 30 mins to rectify, it was tucked in the lagging inderneath the glove on the left, bout 8/10 inches of the floor.

0 0 0

4. Re: water in passenger foot well 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had this problem, it was the seal around the door mirror. I removed the door panel and it was soaked through, water was getting passed the back of the mirror housing, running down the door interior and seeping into the car foot-well. I sealed all around the mirror housing on the inside. Another place that is known to leak is the rear back lights - again the seal goes. Often it leaks onto the central locking pump located directly under the lights - and causes the central locking to fail or play up.

0 0 0

5. Re: water in passenger foot well 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Also you may need to check the air condition drain pipe, if it is damaged it may leak water from outside the car.

0 0 0