Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Guys,

I don't know if a post like this already exists but i thought this could be useful for myself and others.

I always base whatever company i use on recommendations. This way we are more likely to use a reputable company to work on our prized cars.

Which companies have you had experience with regards to ECU remapping.
    The Following info would be helpful:

Company name
    Areas covered
    Competitive Pricing?
    Attitude?
    Good Advice?
    After Sale service?
    Problems? and if problems were resolved by company
    Additional product/Services
    Any other comments

Honest reviews please

I look forward to hearing from you guys

Sak

0 0 0

2. Re: ECU remapping company Reviews/Recommendations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I used Mark at Chip n Spin - I think he is London based but I went to one of his regular (well 3 or 4 times per year) group sessions in Bromsgrove in Worcestershire (5 - 10 minutes from the M42 / M5). Cost was £250, got the remap and before and after rolling road run's. It was done 6 months ago and so far I have had no issues and would recommend his services to everyone.

Current - 2002 Audi A6 2.5TDi Avant quattro (loved), 2012 Ford S Max 2.2 tdci Titanium X (serves a purpose), 1983 VW Golf GTI campaign (loved)
    Previous - 2007 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Lux (gone, hated), 2002 Audi A3 1.9TDi Sport quattro (gone, liked and missed), 2011 Audi A6 2.0TDi SE (gone, loved and missed), 2007 Audi A6 2.0TDi SE (gone thankfully), 1999 Audi A6 2.5TDi quattro (gone, loved and missed)

0 0 0

3. Re: ECU remapping company Reviews/Recommendations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I used Seditas of Ayr to remap my Ford Mondeo ST Tdci a little while back. The remap was awesome both in power gains and also in fuel economy, I went from 155bhp to 195bhp and cost was £350.
    They're based in Ayr and I don't think they're mobile so its a case of going to them.
    I do know that several of the local dealerships either use them or recommend them...always a good sign.
    I could be wrong here ( it was something that was sorta half said if you know what I mean ) but I was under the impression that they have done some work for Audi.

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

0 0 0

4. Re: ECU remapping company Reviews/Recommendations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Any re-mappers based in Manchester or North West?

I dont know why but ive noticed alot of these companies only have mobile phone numbers. I understand that its because a lot of them are mobile but thought they would have a registered address so if there were any issues you could go back to them.

Has anybody used Pro-tune: http://www.protuning.co.uk/

0 0 0

5. Re: ECU remapping company Reviews/Recommendations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smohamm527 View Post
    Any re-mappers based in Manchester or North West?

I dont know why but ive noticed alot of these companies only have mobile phone numbers. I understand that its because a lot of them are mobile but thought they would have a registered address so if there were any issues you could go back to them.

Has anybody used Pro-tune: http://www.protuning.co.uk/
    Hi Matey, not many know me on here as i have only been advertising my services for a week or 2 on this forum....but many have used me over a 1000 remaps dont lie i have been at VAG Fest, GTI festivals. bug jam etc etc with a rolling road for a number of years....im also on T4 forum and VZI

I have had my land line number advertised before at my workshops but 20 plus messages and voice messages at the end of every day means dinner time was getting real late....esp when im asked alot to fit people in after there work I will advertise it if you think its needed..

If anyone wants my address and or land line just ask....they are all on the business card you get when i have completed jobs for customers...

you shoul give Johnny a bell at ProTune he is real nice guy and always here to help and he always answers his phone to

0 0 0

6. Re: ECU remapping company Reviews/Recommendations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had REVO software installed at Sportstech in Ilkeston, Derbyshire in my 3.0 TDI Quattro. Cost was £495 even though I needed custom software and performance is now 277BHP with 10-15% increase in fuel economy when driving like a grandad.

0 0 0

7. Re: ECU remapping company Reviews/Recommendations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by proff999 View Post
    I had REVO software installed at Sportstech in Ilkeston, Derbyshire in my 3.0 TDI Quattro. Cost was £495 even though I needed custom software and performance is now 277BHP with 10-15% increase in fuel economy when driving like a grandad.
    Hey proff999,

Check my audi page out i could have done you a full custom job for about half that price dependent on your mods and or requirements ...

http://www.protuning.co.uk/models.php?company=AUDI

Cheers

0 0 0

8. Re: ECU remapping company Reviews/Recommendations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by protune View Post
    Hey proff999,

Check my audi page out i could have done you a full custom job for about half that price dependent on your mods and or requirements ...

http://www.protuning.co.uk/models.php?company=AUDI

Cheers
    Where are you based Johnny ?

0 0 0

9. Re: ECU remapping company Reviews/Recommendations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I recently used Mike of Peak Performance http://http://www.peakperformancetun....uk/index.html (Nr Nottingham) he uses Viezu software, great job, really friendly and a good price Mike is on 07921 239888. My A6 2.0tdi is so much smoother and quite quick too!

0 0 0

10. Re: ECU remapping company Reviews/Recommendations 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkythecat View Post
    Where are you based Johnny ?

Hi Sparky,

About 20 mins from you near Blackpool old chum but i do cover northern england in case anyone else is reading

Cheers

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast