I've recently been looking online for some good driving routes to take through the North West, but it's not been easy. Most websites only list a couple of nice roads and they aren't usually local. Where I can find routes they are a bit vague and usually just come with a Google map.

The solution?

Most portable sat-navs have the feature to create an itinerary where you can define waypoints along a route and then save to the device. This would allow you to record any route you like.

So, my idea is this. Any time you come across a really nice driving road, or route, create an itinerary for it on your sat-nav and we can all share them. I'm happy to stick them all on my website if we need somewhere to put them (can't upload to the forum). Then we can discuss the routes and work out which are the best.

I've put a simple example herethat takes you along the "Cat and Fiddle" route. If you are a TomTom user then you can stick this into the ITN folder on your device and select it through "itinerary planning". It will then take you from where you are now to the beginning of the route, through to the end and back again.

What does everyone think? If there's interest I'll put together a how-to etc. and set something up for us to use.