Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    According to a dealer

I have Match on order, and the date just keeps gpoing back, strikes and stuff, whatever, but they keep rining me up saying they have a cancelled GT available. Standard spec, apparently people are figuring out the value in the Match and cancelling the GTs (company car drivers probably)

So I took the plunge and....................went the other way and went for the GT. Yes doing a 1000 a week I will miss the toys, the auto lights, wipers mirror and DAB. but, and its a big but, after a long long test drive, I just felt the seats and lowered suspension on 17s rule the day. Yes it costs more, but those seats are so good and the standard car does suffer on standard springs imho.

You still get the mdif, and its one Parrot hands free kit away from being perfect

0 0 0

2. Re: GT orders being cancelled 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by covertgoose View Post
    ...I will miss the toys, the auto lights, wipers mirror ...
    In my opinion, all not worth the hype.
    Auto wipers - Constantly changing speed. Either to fast or to slow. I'd much prefer an adjustable intermittent setting.
    Auto lights - Hmm, actually not that bad now that I think about it. Although I do quite frequently turn the lights on when dull.
    Auto dimming mirror - Good idea in theory, but not practice. If some clown has his full beams on when it's not totally dark, it doesn't dim fully. It also doesn't dim with low bright sunlight. Again, the manual alternative would be much better.

Anyway, enjoy your new purchase!
    2010 Focus ST-3

0 0 0

3. Re: GT orders being cancelled 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SC03OTT View Post
    In my opinion, all not worth the hype.
    Auto wipers - Constantly changing speed. Either to fast or to slow. I'd much prefer an adjustable intermittent setting.
    Auto lights - Hmm, actually not that bad now that I think about it. Although I do quite frequently turn the lights on when dull.
    Auto dimming mirror - Good idea in theory, but not practice. If some clown has his full beams on when it's not totally dark, it doesn't dim fully. It also doesn't dim with low bright sunlight. Again, the manual alternative would be much better.

Anyway, enjoy your new purchase!

Disagree to an extent on 2 out 3. I've found the auto dimming mirror works really well (I haven't been dazzled since I've had mine). I also really like the auto lights. Agree about the wipers though.

Having said all that I'm not sure I'd pay extra for the lights/mirror if they weren't standard (certainly wouldn't pay a penny for the auto wipers), but they are a 'nice to have'.
    VW Golf MK6 1.4TSI 122PS 'SE' 5dr | Steel Grey | Front Fogs | Leather SW | 510 + Reversing Camera | Storage Pack | Highline Trip Computer.

0 0 0

4. Re: GT orders being cancelled 
    WeegieBob Guest
    I've got a GT goose and it has most of what you mention and I love them all.

I had an "E" Class Merc before with all the bells and whistles and the GT does them all just as well, with at least one doing it better - auto-wipers. The Merc could never decide what speed they should run at, whereas I find the GT's steady and consistant - providing you clean the area above the sensor every so often.

That said everybody is different, but after 40 years of car ownership, for me at least, the Golf experience is almost at the top. (The best being a Toyota Avensis T Spirit, the car was incredibly reliable, but boy was it mind-numbingly dull, dull, dull!)

WeegieBob.

0 0 0

5. Re: GT orders being cancelled 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I thought it was the otherway round- Long waiting times if you ordered the GT/GTD/GTi but upto 12 weeks for anything else standard. I ordered my Match on the 12th June (with 5 factory extra options) and collected the car on the 11th Sept.

How long are they quoting in general for the match?

There are a few nearly new Matches on the VW website (mainly from Lister's)so they are starting to appear on the used market and some with Extra's
    Golf 2.0 TDi Match (140) - MY 2011
    Metallic Paint, Dynaudio, Luxury and Protection Packs.

0 0 0

6. Re: GT orders being cancelled 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I like my GT - the 17s are probably a lot better than my 18s, but I do love the support in the seats. I too picked one that was ready - I got the wheels instead of the bluetooth...

The auto lights are great, the wipers are Meh, the dimming mirror is ok, but the folding/dipping mirrors are great

Sounds like you have the lux pack on your GT though...
    Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDi SE: Misano red, Kinetic 17s, Comfort package, Storage package, non smoking package, Nav, Upgrade to Audi sound system, Debadged
    Previous: VW Golf Mk6, 2009, 2.0 TDi GT, Candy White, Luxury pack, 18" Bilbaos, Tyre Pressure Monitor - VW Passat B6, 2005, 2.0 TDi SE, Metallic Navy Blue, Front/rear sensors, chrome grille, black leather

0 0 0

7. Re: GT orders being cancelled 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Long waiting times are normal on new Golfs they can be between 4 and 7 months. This is a pain with all sorts of feeble excuses, do a search on here?
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

0 0 0

8. Re: GT orders being cancelled 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VolksGolf View Post
    How long are they quoting in general for the match?
    Well, I was quoted 12 weeks for my Match when I ordered it on 4th July. It seems to have slipped a bit from that though - it finished build on 5th Oct, arrived in Sheerness on 19th Oct and I am still waiting for delivery. So that's over 16 weeks and counting.

0 0 0

9. Re: GT orders being cancelled 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RayP View Post
    Well, I was quoted 12 weeks for my Match when I ordered it on 4th July. It seems to have slipped a bit from that though - it finished build on 5th Oct, arrived in Sheerness on 19th Oct and I am still waiting for delivery. So that's over 16 weeks and counting.
    ruddy hell. I ordered mine on the 2nd July, it was only accepted by the factory on August 15th. Build week is 2011 week 04.

I would be fuming if it wasn't for the having a free car from next week until then, and my new Mini arriving in December. I have made it quite clear that a 1.4s Gold isn't enough!
    MKVII Golf GTD Manual 5dr | Night Blue, Discover Pro, Dynaudio, DCC, Keyless Entry

0 0 0

10. Re: GT orders being cancelled 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I ordered late August, a 1.6 Match first off, and that date is now Feb next year. The 2.0 BMT Match is just as bad, but the 1.6s due to tax are just going backwards due to strikes at the factory apparently

I'm glad, its meant I have the better car. I agree re the mirror, the never dim enough to make them worthwhile, a long drive at night you want to just click the mirror up old style and not have that constant light in your peripheral vision. And the wipers are always crap, althought he auto lights do save you approx 1 second every trip

All being said, those sports seats and tighter suspension are well worth the extra dosh

On another note, does the USB dock in the centre armrest charge a phone with a USB charegr obviously? I will get a Parrot fitted if so, the phone can live in the armrest and charge away

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast