1. Leather Seats and Isofix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi as I have my first little one on the way come January I will be needing to transport him about- now I have the car seat and isofix base sorted but I am a little worried the seat will produce some pretty severe 'dents' in the seat.

I was wondering if there are any protective covers etc you can use to minimise the damage and if so any recommendations?

Cheers
    2007 MK5 Golf GT TDI 140ps Diamond Black
    2004 A4 Avant S-Line 1.8T 190ps Avus Silver w/black optics
    1997 MK3 Golf GTI 16v Anniversary Diamond Black- now gone!

0 0 0

2. Re: Leather Seats and Isofix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Congrats on your news. Lifechanging - all for the good!

I have leather in my car and have been using car seats for just under 3 years. Both isofix (Duo plus) 2nd stage and also maxi-cosi tobi (seatbelt fixing) 2nd stage and maxi-cosi cabriofix and easi base (non-isofix) first stage.

You do get some indentations on the leather but these come out in a few days especially if you treat the leather regularly with a decent leather care product.

There are all sorts of car seat protectors on the market which go over the seat to protect it from marks (eg Neatseat vailable from Mothercare and others) - basically a rubber sheet which goes over your seat. The Neatseat (like anything baby related as I'm sure you've found) is a liberty at £29.99 for a sheet of rubber - but there are probably cheaper alternatives.

TBH once the baby arrives everything else slips into perspective - my two year old loves climbing into the footwell (when parked obviously) and pressing the 'fast pedal'/turning on the hazards, selecting gears etc.etc and can spot an audi at 100 paces. Oh yeah and those lazy Sundays spending hours polishing the car and cleaning every inch of the interior, grabbing a cold beer and admiring your work as the sun goes down - they're gone!

Number two is on the way all being well end of Feb so will have two car seats to contend with. Hopefully we'll call it a day at that as any more car seats would mean the missus would have to walk as I don't fancy a people carrier and only celebrity chefs and WAGS drive the Q range!
    Current : B6 (54) 1.9tdi Quattro Sport Avant (250k and counting), 8L (02) A3 1.9tdi Quattro Sport (5dr) (130k and counting) VW Touran 2016 2.0tdi Family SE (don't ask!)
    Previous : B6 (03) 1.9tdi Quattro SE, 8L (03) A3 1.9tdi SE (5dr)

1 0 0

3. Re: Leather Seats and Isofix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey cheers minired, yes it's all exciting news!

Ah that's cool that the indents come out eventually, TBH the car won't be the main baby transport device as the mrs Golf will be . Sounds fun all the playing about in the car like I used to do when I was younger.

Agree with you totally about the people carriers and chelsea tractors, it has to be an Avant all the time
    2007 MK5 Golf GT TDI 140ps Diamond Black
    2004 A4 Avant S-Line 1.8T 190ps Avus Silver w/black optics
    1997 MK3 Golf GTI 16v Anniversary Diamond Black- now gone!

0 0 0

4. Re: Leather Seats and Isofix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just be careful when you put the base into the car, the catches for the isofix bit that stick out can be sharp and could tear the leather. Personally I don't use the little plastic guides which came with car seat as they tend to cause more indentations than without.
    We found it easier to have two bases for the cabriofix seat, one in each car permanently so was nice and easy to swap about.
    Hope all goes well..
    Current : B6 (54) 1.9tdi Quattro Sport Avant (250k and counting), 8L (02) A3 1.9tdi Quattro Sport (5dr) (130k and counting) VW Touran 2016 2.0tdi Family SE (don't ask!)
    Previous : B6 (03) 1.9tdi Quattro SE, 8L (03) A3 1.9tdi SE (5dr)

1 0 0

5. Re: Leather Seats and Isofix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I put a spare floor mat between the seat and the leather which seems to help

1 0 0

6. Re: Leather Seats and Isofix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Neatseat works ok. Got one in the back of my A6, good luck with the little one, you get over the sleep deprivation within the first 6 months.....honest

1 0 0

7. Smile Re: Leather Seats and Isofix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miniredcooper View Post
    Congrats on your news. Lifechanging - all for the good.......

TBH once the baby arrives everything else slips into perspective....... Oh yeah and those lazy Sundays spending hours polishing the car and cleaning every inch of the interior, grabbing a cold beer and admiring your work as the sun goes down - they're gone!

...........Hopefully we'll call it a day at that as any more car seats would mean the missus would have to walk as I don't fancy a people carrier and only celebrity chefs and WAGS drive the Q range!
    So True!! (It hurts )

The marks seem to disappear after a while TBH
    2007 A4 Avant 2.0TDi S-line Quattro (BRD)
    170BHP/Voltera Leather/ Colour DIS/Armrest/Privacy Glass/ Concert + IPOD with BOSE/GSM phone prep

0 0 0

8. Re: Leather Seats and Isofix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miniredcooper View Post
    Just be careful when you put the base into the car, the catches for the isofix bit that stick out can be sharp and could tear the leather. Personally I don't use the little plastic guides which came with car seat as they tend to cause more indentations than without.
    We found it easier to have two bases for the cabriofix seat, one in each car permanently so was nice and easy to swap about.
    Hope all goes well..
    I dont use the yellow plastic guides either as they do make more indentation's..

I also have a seat protector from M&P's, cost around £30 but really good and protects the leather.

Rick

0 0 0

9. Re: Leather Seats and Isofix 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Congratulations,,

put a folded towel or mat underneath to spread the load.
    Should stop the indentations.

0 0 0