1. Re: Happy 21st Birthday now heres your insurance premium 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wierd! In nearly ten years of riding bikes I only ever had one insurance policy! Every year I kept the same bike it got cheaper or stayed the same and every time I changed bikes they were the cheapest.

Been driving only a couple years now and had 4 or 5 different policies due to them having stupid renewal quotes or going daft when I change vehicle.
    I once had a 1.0l polo insured with Tesco, fully comp was around £500ish, changed it to a slightly newer 1.9 diesel peugeot partner and they wanted nearly £2k!
    '96 A4 Avant 1.8 - Mine
    '02 Fabia 1.9TDI - Mrs's

0 0 0

2. Re: Happy 21st Birthday now heres your insurance premium 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Jeeesh, all been there with this one....
    Just tried to get insurance for my 2 boys 17 & 18 to drive 1.2 Clios ( 10+ years old cars ) after having passed their driving test and have pass plus.
    Got quotes from £2500 - £4000.....The cars only cost a £1000?
    Anyhow checked around and everntually got the 18 yr old fully comp for £1100 and the 17yr old fully comp for £1400....big improvement.

As for me? Every year I get the same old increase through ( makes me laugh cos ther's no way I'm ever gonna pay it ).....been with Morethan for around 3 yrs now.
    I have a quick scout on Gocompare or similar, chose the top 3 cheapest companies that match like for like cover and play them off against each other. I've even been known to ring one company and when asked about the best price, lied by a tenner or two and get a really good price
    I'm down to around £300 fully comp now with 8yrs NCB

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

0 0 0

3. Re: Happy 21st Birthday now heres your insurance premium 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My mate has an apprentice who works for him. The guy was paying over £1k fully comp on his beat up old corsa, when he realised that he could sell the corsa, get a mkI MR2 for not too much extra, and his insurance is around £1500 3rd only, I know which I'd rather drive!
    I think his quote for fully comp was somewhere between £3k and £4k though...!
    '96 A4 Avant 1.8 - Mine
    '02 Fabia 1.9TDI - Mrs's

0 0 0

4. Re: Happy 21st Birthday now heres your insurance premium 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I just turned 25. I've been driving a 1.2 Polo (insurance group 2) since I passed my test two years ago. Last year my insurance was £1200! I live in the city centre which seems to have a massive effect - I was quoted £400 for the same car using my parents address, but obviously that's a little fraudulent since they live 200 miles away!

I just traded for an A3 2.0TDI (insurance group 11?) and it's only gone up to £1500 using Adrian Flux, but Admiral wanted to put it up to £4000!

When I first passed and was looking to insure the Polo, Norwich Union quoted me very unhappy at £8000! I just laughed.

0 0 0

5. Re: Happy 21st Birthday now heres your insurance premium 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I thought 25 was the age insurance companies put you as in a "safer" driver group
    Golf 2.0 TDi Match (140) - MY 2011
    Metallic Paint, Dynaudio, Luxury and Protection Packs.

0 0 0

6. Re: Happy 21st Birthday now heres your insurance premium 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VolksGolf View Post
    I thought 25 was the age insurance companies put you as in a "safer" driver group
    I was always under that impression too.

I did find that putting my mrs as a named driver on my car dropped my policy by about £80! Not quite sure how that worked as although she's been driving a year longer than me, she's younger than me and had 2 accidents...!
    '96 A4 Avant 1.8 - Mine
    '02 Fabia 1.9TDI - Mrs's

0 0 0

7. Re: Happy 21st Birthday now heres your insurance premium 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Just been getting quotes on my pipe and slippers Rover. I am living at my parents at present and the difference between my 'home' address and my parents is £70, which in percentage terms is appx. 20% in favour of the house we own against my parents and I only lived five miles down the road.

So I entered differing Manchester post codes. Difference from Worsley which is where I lived (Salford suburb, so not exactly Alderley Edge but still posh!) to Oldham (my GF's house) was about £160!
    One German, Two Italian.
    It's a Mercedes Benzzzz though

0 0 0

8. Re: Happy 21st Birthday now heres your insurance premium 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Renewal is through and as much as it pains me to share, it's £10 more than last year.

/smug

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 0 0

9. Re: Happy 21st Birthday now heres your insurance premium 
    Little Houghton, Barnsley, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I finaly found a good enough quote, £900, which just leads me to wounder how can kwik fit can some how charge me and extra £1100 for the same cover?!

i just dont get insurance nowadays!

0 0 0

10. Re: Happy 21st Birthday now heres your insurance premium 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I remember the days of £1500 insurance on my car when i was 18/19/20/21 etc..

Even now at 28 years young, its still a lot, £800 for my car (wont mentioned what i got now ) and the MRS VW Golf.

Rick

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast