1. dead climatronic display 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a passat 130 tdi 2002 the other morning on the dash display showed oil sensor workshop and at the same time the climatronic display panel is blank, no lights or display. I have checked the fuses all okay. I have checked the connection of the sensor which appears all in order, no damage to plug or wires. I have ordered a new sensor which I am awaiting.

My searches on the internet looks as if I may have an instrument panel fault necessitating a new instrument panel, I had a fault a few years ago when the instrument panel lights failed following a bodyshop repair, VW checked the vehicle and found no faults and said that the instrument panel could be failing, the panel lights miraculously started working again without any repairs (and have been okay for the last two years).

Any comments most welcome.

I think that the remedy will be a new instrument cluster any ideas how much it will cost?

0 0 0

2. Re: dead climatronic display 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Most people would try a second hand cluster. Main problem is getting it all coded. You will need to find someone who can do the coding before you buy anything.

1 0 0

3. Re: dead climatronic display 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Further to my last I have found that the heated seats aren't working is this all related to faulty instrument cluster?

0 0 0

4. Re: dead climatronic display 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've changed fuse No 5 and the system started working again however the fuse blows everytime the oil sensor workshop illuminates, have changed the fuse four times now. Have I got an intermitent short curcuit between oil sensor and instrument panel or is the fault elsewhere?

0 0 0

5. Re: dead climatronic display 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cant see how the heated seat problem is related.

Fit the new oil sensor, replace fuse, disconnect battery
    for 5minutes to let the ECU reboot itself.

Make sure the fuse is the proper rating.

Regards
    Jim

1 0 0

6. Re: dead climatronic display 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Jim, thanks for your reply.
    Fuse 5 feeds the power to the climatronic display panel the oil sensor and the heated seats. I believe that it also feeds the steering wheel remote controls for the stereo and cruise control however on my particular passat I don't have any steering wheel remote controls.
    I've plugged a new oil sensor in (not fitted to the sump) made no difference however I did not disconnect the battery. Does the battery need to be disconnected to reset the ecu?

0 0 0

7. Re: dead climatronic display 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Heated seat wiring failure is more likely. I would disconnect the seat wiring and see if the fuse stays ok. If it does you just need to find which seat is blowing the fuse.

1 0 0

8. Re: dead climatronic display 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Fuse 5 covers heated seats module so you might have
    to disconnect the module. Fuse 44 also covers H-seats.

Reconnecting the battery is one of those catch-all maneuvers
    that sometimes work, sometimes don't, when dealing with an
    electrical or sensor issue that is not crystal clear. The good news
    is, it costs nothing.

Regards
    Jim

1 0 0

9. Re: dead climatronic display 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi mate, I know its been long time ago but has this problem been solved? I have the same issue now and cambelt done recently.
    Regards

0 0 0

10. Re: dead climatronic display 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've not had the car now for four years so had to think back about the issue, if my memory serves me right the issue was itermittent and I eventually traced it to a short circuit, the cable that was at fault ran up near to the radiator fan reinsulated it and problem solved. As you've had the cambelt done it's feasible that this cable could be the culprit as the front end radiator etc needs moving forward to the service position to access the cam belt. Hope this helps.

0 0 0