Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Hi gang , tried the search function to no avail,.....so
    I have 2002 '52 A4 2.4 sport cabriolet, I have been driving today with the windows open as normal, but when I arrived home about 3 p.m. I noticed that the window did not close the last 5-10mm after closing the door, cabby owners will know what I mean.
    I had a peep in the fuse box and no window fuses are listed in there.
    If I try the window on the front passenger door, it works correctly as do the rear windows ,also the single large button which is for all four windows at once still opens the n/s/f and both rears
    So to re-cap ,basically the drivers door window has stopped working, I have given a poke about where the loom passes from the hinge post to the door.
    In the fuse box at the end part of the dashboard/slam area there is no fuse relating to windows but there is reference to other fuses being found in the "electronics box and relay carrier",,,.... where is that?
    I must sort this as quickly as possible so a speedy response would be extremely helpful
    Thanks gang

Stuart
    A6 2.4 SE (2000)S3 1.8T (2001)80 Coupe 2.3 (1991)
    A3 1.8T sport (1997)A4 3.0 QST (2002)
    80 Coupe 2.6S (1995)A4 Cab 2.4 sport (2002) Another 2.6 '95 coupe in byzanz purple
    '88 type 89 90 saloon kv 5 pot A4 1.8T 2001

0 0 0

2. Re: A4 cabriolet window 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Just had the switch panel out of the door (drivers side) and nothing seems queer in there, all snug and undamaged etc
    80 Coupe 2.6S (1995)A4 Cab 2.4 sport (2002) Another 2.6 '95 coupe in byzanz purple

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    These are a bugger, you will probably find it the micro switch in the door that reconises when you close the door. Does your interior light go off when you close the door ?
    Ps. Maybe get the cling film ready incase it rains !!

0 0 0

4. Re: A4 cabriolet window 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fourringsrus View Post
    Hi gang , tried the search function to no avail,.....so
    I have 2002 '52 A4 2.4 sport cabriolet, I have been driving today with the windows open as normal, but when I arrived home about 3 p.m. I noticed that the window did not close the last 5-10mm after closing the door, cabby owners will know what I mean.
    I had a peep in the fuse box and no window fuses are listed in there.
    If I try the window on the front passenger door, it works correctly as do the rear windows ,also the single large button which is for all four windows at once still opens the n/s/f and both rears
    So to re-cap ,basically the drivers door window has stopped working, I have given a poke about where the loom passes from the hinge post to the door.
    In the fuse box at the end part of the dashboard/slam area there is no fuse relating to windows but there is reference to other fuses being found in the "electronics box and relay carrier",,,.... where is that?
    I must sort this as quickly as possible so a speedy response would be extremely helpful
    Thanks gang

Stuart
    swap the nsf motor with the osf, if the window works close the window and swap them back and order a new motor.Try total closure method by opening the roof and then closing or on the door barrel, micro switch has nothing to do with the window motor
    vag diagnostics, retrofits and general repairs

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Ok maybe I am wrong but how does the motor know when the door is opened to activate the slight drop and when the door is closed, how does the motor know to go back up ? Proof was in the pudding on a cabby that I repaired about 6 months ago with same fault. Maybe it was luck but it worked fine after a replacement mech ???? Thats why im asking did the interior light go off as this girl i did, it would not

0 0 0

6. Re: A4 cabriolet window 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    the switch is used for window drop but in this case the window is not working at all so either the terminal 30/31 is open circuit or the window motor has failed, if the roof is put into open or closed then the switch position doesn't matter for door being open or closed as the command is sent to drop or close the glass as if the switch is faulty then its either closed circuit or open and that all the roof control unit will see so it will still send the signal
    vag diagnostics, retrofits and general repairs

1 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Sorry. I appologise. I thought the problem was that the window was not closing the last 5-10 mm just. My mistake. My eyes are painted on :-) Out of curiousity. Do the windows not stop working when your door is open on a cabby or am i full of poo on this one lol ?

2 0 0

8. Re: A4 cabriolet window 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    A8 and Bangor thanks very much for the quick response.
    Yes the light goes off as it should and the glass is still just about 5-10mm shy of closing as if the door is still open.
    I get the impression that there is no power going to the motor in the drivers door, I have tried to insert the key in the door and the locking/immobilising works correctly.
    Are you suggesting to open the roof and then try the window?
    What and where is terminal 30/31
    Is there a seperate fuse to each window and where are the other fuses which are not in the end of the dash/slam area.
    Bangorlad I was thinking a fault in the door handle switch for drop facility but there is no juice in the door and no clicking of relay when activating the window switch either
    A8 is it simple enough to get at the window motors without to much peeing about
    Many thanks so far boys
    Keep 'em coming

Stuart

0 0 0

9. Re: A4 cabriolet window 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Update!!!!!!!!
    Just been playing with the search facility and reading of broken wires in door to post area, so popped outside to check again.
    Obviously can't see much at this hour but discovered that my electric mirrors switch is not working either but as said earlier all the other switchgear on the drivers door is working other than the o/s /f window
    So should I be poking around at these wires before pulling door cards and motors apart

Stuart

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Would be worth a look yes. Love your passion lol, 11:30 pm Saturday night and pitch black. Poking around door wiring. Great lol !

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast