Notices

User Tag List

Thread: 1.8 TFSI(160) or 2.0 TFSI - pro's and con's ?

1. 1.8 TFSI(160) or 2.0 TFSI - pro's and con's ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just wondering what petrol engine you prefer and why ?

I have test driven the 1.8 tfsi 160 bhp which seems to have more than enough power but i am tempted by the 2.0 tfsi 210 bhp - 0-60 in less than 7 seconds and better mpg sounds pretty cool !

But, and its a biggish but, i have read a review on the 2.0 tfsi that was unequivical in saying it was too powerful an engine for the A4 setup - causing a lot of slippage and zig zagging when pulling away.
    The reviewer also stated that he didnt recommend it for people not used to driving powerful engines, particularly in wet conditions. ( a real concern for me as the wifey only drives the car weekends and has never driven more than a 1.6)

So - does the review make any valid points or is it all baloney ?

Any advice welcome.

0 0 0

2. Re: 1.8 TFSI(160) or 2.0 TFSI - pro's and con's ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm, personally I'd get the 2.0 with quattro - thus solving all your problems in one fell swoop
    S4 (Collected on 21/9/09)-Deep Sea Blue, black silk nappa leather, heated S4 sports seats, Tech. Pack (with 3G MMI, AMI and cruise), Phone Prep. Low, DAB Radio, Full drive select and Sports Differential, B&O, Comfort Pack, Parking Plus, Storage Pack, Adaptive lights, High beam assist, Advanced Key, TPM.

0 0 0

3. Re: 1.8 TFSI(160) or 2.0 TFSI - pro's and con's ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi it is a good dilemma My personal opinion is get the 2.0TFSI with quattro it is really nice engine and will not fill any slipping, spinning or zig zagging
    Any of them is a good car. Good luck

0 0 0

4. Re: 1.8 TFSI(160) or 2.0 TFSI - pro's and con's ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As said above, if you want the 2.0 TFSI engine then you're probably better off going for the quattro as well. 210 bhp is a lot to put through the front wheels only.

That said, the 1.8 TFSI (160) is still a pretty good engine... I don't think you'd be disappointed with it other than the drop in power when compared to the 2.0. It's still decently quick and quite good to drive as well.

0 0 0

5. Re: 1.8 TFSI(160) or 2.0 TFSI - pro's and con's ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The only and best way isn't to ask us but to actually drive them.

I didn't drive a 1.8 as i thought it too slow (i came from a impreza sti) and drove both the 2wd and quattro 2.0. The 2wd does indeed slip and spin, but quattro solves that- i've had my car 6 months and cannot fault it.

Find both, drive both, buy a quattro.
    2009 A4 Avant, 2.0TFSI Quattro S-Line, Misano Red, 19" twin blade alloys, heated silk nappa leather sports seats, sat nav, B&O and AMI, reversing camera, hill hold assist, interior light pack, phone prep- high, piano black inlays

0 0 0

6. Re: 1.8 TFSI(160) or 2.0 TFSI - pro's and con's ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have the 1.8TFSI (160) Avant and find it quick enough, particularly when you get the revs over 3,000. It also pulls well up hills with plenty of traction. Even this engine has enough power to result in a bit of torque steer when given the boot!!!

The extra 50bhp of the 2.0 could be a bit of a handful in front wheel drive only.

As others have said.....'try before you buy'

0 0 0

7. Re: 1.8 TFSI(160) or 2.0 TFSI - pro's and con's ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Buy a 1.8. Remap. Cheaper. Sorted.

0 0 0

8. Re: 1.8 TFSI(160) or 2.0 TFSI - pro's and con's ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldoaccie View Post
    Buy a 1.8. Remap. Cheaper. Sorted.
    Daft.

Buy a 2.0Q, blufin it. Sorted.
    2009 A4 Avant, 2.0TFSI Quattro S-Line, Misano Red, 19" twin blade alloys, heated silk nappa leather sports seats, sat nav, B&O and AMI, reversing camera, hill hold assist, interior light pack, phone prep- high, piano black inlays

0 0 0

9. Re: 1.8 TFSI(160) or 2.0 TFSI - pro's and con's ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    must agree wiv big bird....what does the bluefin push it up to????

0 0 0