2. Re: MMI 3G Voice Prompts & TMC Fix Now Available at Audi Dealers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've been watching this thread with interest, and when my car was in for service last week I asked them to update the software on the MMI.

I haven't noticed any difference to be honest, is there a way to check what software my MMI is currently on, and what level should it be on please ?

0 0 0

3. Re: MMI 3G Voice Prompts & TMC Fix Now Available at Audi Dealers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    the update should take the mmi software train version to 31, if its below then the update has not been carried out or completed correctly
    vag diagnostics, retrofits and general repairs

0 0 0

4. Re: MMI 3G Voice Prompts & TMC Fix Now Available at Audi Dealers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think I know the answer to this but is this fix free as it is a known fault?
    A4(B8) 2.0L 143ps TDI S Line Exec - Sat Nav, Bluetooth, AMI, TPMS, Folding/Heated Mirrors

0 0 0

5. Re: MMI 3G Voice Prompts & TMC Fix Now Available at Audi Dealers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the info. I bought my 2009 A8L from main dealer in may 2011 would this update have been done as a matter of course or would you have to ask for it to be done?

0 0 0

6. Re: MMI 3G Voice Prompts & TMC Fix Now Available at Audi Dealers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Know this is an old thread now, but was this a map fix or a firmware one? If I ask my dealer will they use newest maps I'm wondering...cars been in 2 times and never had any sort of updates done...well just one for tmps I think...I just asked about map updates and they sai yes there is newer but don't know if it would fix any of the route issues I've found... My S4 is a 2010 june, so iguess older than when this update was mentioned first??
    2010 S4 in exclusive classic red and every option under the sun...as well as my 80 cabriolet 2.6e auto fun day car...not forgetting a slightly Smashed but saved waiting for some repairs 01.5 B5 A4 2.4SE Tip - Votex body kit, Hidden Microwave PDC, Pirelli X-Pressure TPMS, Hardwired Bel RX65e, Lamp Guards...and the exclusive Red Logo Audi Sport Valve Stem Caps!

0 0 0

7. Re: MMI 3G Voice Prompts & TMC Fix Now Available at Audi Dealers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cactusgreen View Post
    Know this is an old thread now, but was this a map fix or a firmware one?
    A firmware one, to fix the incorrect "now turn left" prompt and a radio fault where the station list would disappear if TP was turned on. This was fixed under warranty for most people affected at the time, though it took more than 18 months for Audi to accept that there was a fault and come up with a fix. Audi map updates cost about £200 last time I asked.

0 0 0

8. Re: MMI 3G Voice Prompts & TMC Fix Now Available at Audi Dealers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Now working on Dad's A4 system and after winning my battle with Audi to update my S4 free for these knows faults they are saying again...ooo no sir we don't know of this issue at all!

First question i have no idea what system is in his A4....its a 2012 car, colour screen, DVD nav and no scroller....so i assumed it to be a 3G basic?? Thsi is the version info which again Audi say is current - but i know the maps are not!

So, just what system is this - and what is the current version?

AylesburyVale-20131230-00940_zps2f8f1aa8.jpg
    2010 S4 in exclusive classic red and every option under the sun...as well as my 80 cabriolet 2.6e auto fun day car...not forgetting a slightly Smashed but saved waiting for some repairs 01.5 B5 A4 2.4SE Tip - Votex body kit, Hidden Microwave PDC, Pirelli X-Pressure TPMS, Hardwired Bel RX65e, Lamp Guards...and the exclusive Red Logo Audi Sport Valve Stem Caps!

0 0 0

9. Re: MMI 3G Voice Prompts & TMC Fix Now Available at Audi Dealers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    3G Low DVD.

Google those numbers separately and you'll find a long list somewhere.

0 0 0

10. Re: MMI 3G Voice Prompts & TMC Fix Now Available at Audi Dealers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wow - i hardly hitpost hahah.

OK, so based on that, what firmware should they be looking to load as latest/the fix one....as the info shown is a little different to my HDD one. I assume the map data versions would match mine - ie the 2013 update is 6 something or other right.

When i mentioned to them about version 31 being needed - as the fix and to get the maps working period...they said ooo no sir, thats not for your car at all???

Thanks

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast