1. Re: MMI 3G Voice Prompts & TMC Fix Now Available at Audi Dealers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dropped off my A6 at Nottingham Audi yesterday, as arranged, for the MMI software revision. Phone call mid-morning from the dealer to say that the disk was not on-site - it had been sent over to the Derby branch............!

Car now re-booked for next week.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by first_timer View Post
    Dropped off my A6 at Nottingham Audi yesterday, as arranged, for the MMI software revision. Phone call mid-morning from the dealer to say that the disk was not on-site - it had been sent over to the Derby branch............!

Car now re-booked for next week.
    Surely they could have sent someone to Derby to collect it? After all, it's not very far. Given that they have messed you about, are they prepared to offer you a map update by way of an apology?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

3. Re: MMI 3G Voice Prompts & TMC Fix Now Available at Audi Dealers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sure, they've inconvenienced and p****d me off a bit, and cost me maybe a gallon of diesel for the round trip to the dealer plus the return bus fare into town. But I would think a map update is a bit optimistic by way of compensation - I think these have to be ordered in through Parts and come with a one-off licence pin code, and cost around £220 inc labour.

Steve

0 0 0

4. Re: MMI 3G Voice Prompts & TMC Fix Now Available at Audi Dealers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    bonkers
    vag diagnostics, retrofits and general repairs

0 0 0

5. Re: MMI 3G Voice Prompts & TMC Fix Now Available at Audi Dealers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Back to Nottingham Audi today for the 3G MMI software revision. When I collected the car, the receptionist said the workshop had carried out the update, but then had done a road test involving several roundabouts and thought it was still not right!

I asked to speak to the master tech. He said he had done a U-turn on a big roundabout; on the approach, the voice prompt correctly told him to "take the 4th exit", but when he was actually on the roundabout this had changed to "take the 2nd exit". He said he would report this to Audi and I left feeling quite despondent.

But I set the SatNav for home, with about 5 roundabouts on the route, and I thought the voice prompts were OK. At the A46/A52 junction, I needed the 4th exit: the prompt said "take the 4th exit and follow A52" (correct). Just after passing the 2nd exit, I got another prompt "now take the 2nd exit", which seemed perfectly logical, meaning not the next (3rd) exit, but the one after that. Previously, I would have expected to get "now turn left" at the wrong moment or some other random or mis-timed prompt.

I probably need several days to make sure it is now behaving consistently, but my initial feeling is that it's now OK.

Steve

0 0 0

6. Re: MMI 3G Voice Prompts & TMC Fix Now Available at Audi Dealers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    god there useless, the update works spot on

1 0 0

7. Re: MMI 3G Voice Prompts & TMC Fix Now Available at Audi Dealers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1 0 0

8. Re: MMI 3G Voice Prompts & TMC Fix Now Available at Audi Dealers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a8 tech View Post
    the update works spot on
    Seconded! The update does seem to fix all the problems.

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

9. Re: MMI 3G Voice Prompts & TMC Fix Now Available at Audi Dealers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just got mine back from South Hereford Audi with it's shiny repainted rear bumper and updated HDD nav and the two roundabouts I went round on the way home still seem to throw up the same old issues!! GRRRR!
    2010 2.0 170 Le Mans Avant, Monza Silver, HDD Nav & AMI

0 0 0

10. Re: MMI 3G Voice Prompts & TMC Fix Now Available at Audi Dealers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can you be more specific about what's wrong? The Audi tech who road tested my car after the fix also thought it was still not working properly. He took the car up the road and did a u-turn at a couple of roundabouts, i.e. took the 4th exit. He reported that the nav said 'take the 4th exit' on the approach to each roundabout, but this changed to 'take the 2nd exit' half way round both roundabouts. He thought this was wrong. But this is not the same as it was before the fix, and I think it is OK. Halfway round a roundabout, after passing the 2nd exit, the nav now says 'now take the 2nd exit', meaning not the next one, but the one after that. I can see how the tech was confused by this, but it's OK once you get used to it.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast