1. CD won't eject! (RCD 300) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My CD player is gone wild, I cannot eject any CD. Instead I have to fiddle with it by using another CD, to take the damn thing out. There is no response whenever I press the eject button! Sometimes, it wont play at all, I will then have to turn it off and turn it on to make it work.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Zeb; 15-09-2010 at 10:23 PM.
    For Sale: VW Passat 2.0 TDI Sport

0 0 0

2. Re: CD won't eject! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Is it an RCD300 or 500? My RCD300 ejects the CD alright, but only by 2cm... If you're not quick at pulling it out, the unit thinks you're trying to put another CD in, so swallows it right up again!

Think it may just be the unit being slightly faulty. Yours seems a slightly more terminal problem though...
    A3 8V S-Line Cabriolet 2.0 TDI
    -------------------------------------------
    Passat B6 FSI • Passat TDI 105 • BMW E90 318d • BMW F30 320d Lux

0 0 0

3. Re: CD won't eject! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patomlin76 View Post
    Is it an RCD300 or 500? My RCD300 ejects the CD alright, but only by 2cm... If you're not quick at pulling it out, the unit thinks you're trying to put another CD in, so swallows it right up again!

Think it may just be the unit being slightly faulty. Yours seems a slightly more terminal problem though...
    Mine is the standard RCD300 one! You could be right, I beleive the unit is faulty. Whats annoying is every single time, I will have to use another CD to take the one that's inside the unit! Is there a way of taking the unit out?

0 0 0

4. Re: CD won't eject! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Easy to remove, just search forum. May be cheaper getting replacement off ebay than getting it fixed. If mine goes that way I'd get a 500 or newer 300 with mp3 and chrome styling...
    A3 8V S-Line Cabriolet 2.0 TDI
    -------------------------------------------
    Passat B6 FSI • Passat TDI 105 • BMW E90 318d • BMW F30 320d Lux

1 0 0

5. Re: CD won't eject! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think the eject button is faulty, I have to manually take the CD out with my house keys. I found the cheapest RCD 310 for £100, but it needs decoding

In the mean time I will get it repaired, when I have enough funds then I will buy the RCD 310!

I've also noticed that, they were a few pen marks when I opened up the silver cover. Seem's to me it has been in repairs before!

0 0 0

6. Re: CD won't eject! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Whats the one with mp3 and chrome? is it the RCD310? and I thought the RCD gives battery drain issues?

I hate it how it eats the cd again after you press eject..especially when you press eject go to change gear and by that time the cd's back in so you press eject change gear and it eats it again..and so on and so on until 6th gear then your ok lol

0 0 0

7. Re: CD won't eject! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackman 619 View Post
    Whats the one with mp3 and chrome? is it the RCD310? and I thought the RCD gives battery drain issues?

I hate it how it eats the cd again after you press eject..especially when you press eject go to change gear and by that time the cd's back in so you press eject change gear and it eats it again..and so on and so on until 6th gear then your ok lol

That's not in my knowledge.

Heres the link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-RCD-310-CD-...item2eaf855f80

0 0 0