1. Allroad air compressor testing? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ive got an '02 Allroad TDi and its running fine (for now!) but just in case, Ive bought a used air suspension compressor for £75, part numbers are
    15-1550-0010.2 made by Continental.

It was sold to me as 'full working order' from an '03 Allroad and looks fine but how can I bench test it?

Anyone know which wires to connect up (Ive got a 12v transformer) to get it to run?

Thanks in advance

0 0 0

2. Re: Allroad air compressor testing? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyallroad View Post
    Ive got an '02 Allroad TDi and its running fine (for now!) but just in case, Ive bought a used air suspension compressor for £75, part numbers are
    15-1550-0010.2 made by Continental.

It was sold to me as 'full working order' from an '03 Allroad and looks fine but how can I bench test it?

Anyone know which wires to connect up (Ive got a 12v transformer) to get it to run?

Thanks in advance
    If an original one (I don't know the continental part number without checking), there are 3 seperate, 2 pin connections on the compressor, 1 connector for N111 release valve, 1 for G290 compressor temperature sender and 1 for motor, I assume you want to try the motor to see if it is turning which basically is 12V across the 2 pins in the largest connector, however its difficult to explain what is positive and ground, the easiest way might be to look at and compare with your own compressor on your car. Find the wires coming from the car to the compressor motor: the Grey wire is positive and Brown wire is Negative. Find these 2 and match the corresponding Grey & brown wires to the pins on your 2nd hand one if you want to try power across them.

This will only make the motor run, and I'm afraid it doesn't mean it is all ok, there are more parts to the compressor, to test fully you would need to fit it to the car. I would check the motor turns with 12v across it and then just wait until you need it, It was sold as full working order so it will be ok!!

Andy
    ------------------------------------------
    2001 Audi A4 Saloon 2.0
    2000 Audi Allroad 2.5TDI V6 quattro
    Fully licenced Ross-Tech VCDS Interface
    Air Suspension Compressor Repair Kits: www.bagpipingandy.com

0 0 0

3. Re: Allroad air compressor testing? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Be careful you don't reverse polarity the motor, there maybe a flyback diode across the terminals.

I'm afraid I wasted £350 on a new compressor, my problems turned out to be a broken wire to the valve block and a damaged connector to the compressor relief valve.

If you want to be prepared, get ready to buy new front air springs and the job of removing the struts. They'll start to leak at around 100k or so.

0 0 0

4. Re: Allroad air compressor testing? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the prompt replies, I had a look at it last night and the main electric motor runs ok but may just hook it up to the car to test it.

I'm a long way past 100k (146k and counting) so hopefully the previous owner has sorted the front suspension airbags!

0 0 0