1. 1.4 16v BKY - Crankshaft Pulley Bolt & counter hold tool 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone know the part no for the crankshaft pulley bolt on a 2006 1.4 16v BKY engine code Fabia. Would prefer to replace it when doing the belt.
    VW dealer is closer to me & are quoting 2 parts at £15 each so would like to get the right one.

Also need a counter hold tool, think code it VW3415 - can anybody confirm. Equiv sealy code is VS12470 but is pricey. Anyone know where to get the cheapest.

0 0 0

2. Re: 1.4 16v BKY - Crankshaft Pulley Bolt & counter hold tool 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    You can get the bolt out with an air gun and even re-torque the angle with one but I use the 3415 counter hold tool. The genuine one is no longer easy to get from VW and they were about £70 anyway. The bolt (which MUST be replaced) should be N 910 487 01 and you may find that the original is a 19-mm 12 point but that the replacement is a 21-mm 12 point. There are two different bolt types, one with a flat head and one with a recessed head. The flat head torque is 90Nm+90° and the recessed head torque is 150 Nm +180° and doing these makes my breaker bar bend like a banana. The last one I did a few days ago on an AUS engine puzzled me a little as the bolt head neither a flat or recessed top, just a dimple in the middle so I did it to 90+90 and there is no way it would have gone any further.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: 1.4 16v BKY - Crankshaft Pulley Bolt & counter hold tool 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The bolt on car is a 21mm 12 point, so I will order N 104 870 1 now.
    VW quoted same number but has a 9 in it - N 9104 870 1.
    Guy thought I was on about actual pulley as there are 2 types, but he says there is only 1 part no for bolt.
    Hopefully this isn’t the recessed at 150Nm +180° & will only needs 90Nm +90°.

Asked them about VW3415, but was told no workshop tools are for sale.
    Thinking of ordering Sealey tool VS12470 but guy in motor factors thought the camshaft holding tool would do the job.
    You know the one with the cranked long bit of flat with short bit of flat hinged on it – see link below for picture of part
    It’s a multi purpose one for all cars.
    Would this do the job or am I wasting my time getting this one?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Camshaft-Holding-Tool-/220517478312?pt=UK_Measuring_Tools_Levels&hash=ite m3357ddafa8

0 0 0

4. Re: 1.4 16v BKY - Crankshaft Pulley Bolt & counter hold tool 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    It should be N 910 487 01, I typed it out wrong, should have used copy and paste...

NO, the cam locking tool will not do the job, you would tear the new belt off, you MUST lock the crank pulley. It is possible to get the bolt to 90Nm quite easily but getting the 90° or the 150Nm+180° is impossible without a counter hold tool. Most garages just air gun the bolt in and don’t even both using a new one. The genuine tools situation is not easy at the moment.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: 1.4 16v BKY - Crankshaft Pulley Bolt & counter hold tool 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ok thks crasher, Im gonna order VS12470 - I presume this will cover my 2006 1.4 16v.
    VW dont even keep a new crank bolt in stock - so they must reuse the old bolt which is worrying!!

0 0 0

6. Re: 1.4 16v BKY - Crankshaft Pulley Bolt & counter hold tool 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I don’t know if that tool will fit, this is the real thing.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: 1.4 16v BKY - Crankshaft Pulley Bolt & counter hold tool 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like the sealey vs12470 one. The pcd of the slots in the crankshaft pulley measure 100mm.
    I rang sealey and they confirm the pcd for pins is 100mm, with dia 8mm pin & dia 12mm head.
    Ordered it there at £72 smackers, not nice but least I will have for again.

Your VW one must be the same!! What’s the single pin on the back for?

Do you only use this for the 1.4 / 1.6 16v or has it other uses?

0 0 0

8. Re: 1.4 16v BKY - Crankshaft Pulley Bolt & counter hold tool 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    There are two other pins closer together for other applications.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: 1.4 16v BKY - Crankshaft Pulley Bolt & counter hold tool 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just found this thread - I asked about the correct tourque values for the 21mm bolt in the Bora forum, it looks like the answer is here. Can anyone confirm that they have installed at 150Nm+180? Seems like a radical change in the bolt material to go from 90Nm+90 to 150Nm+180.

0 0 0

10. Re: 1.4 16v BKY - Crankshaft Pulley Bolt & counter hold tool 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    I've done the 90+90 on a few engines, thats tight, 150+180 would be difficult, maybe likely need 3/4 drive gear. I got the bolts from TPS in Aberdeen and did them to 90+90 with 1/2 inch gear and a substantial home made locking bar.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast