Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Anybody using voice activation on their new Match (RCD510)?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Anybody using Bluetooth voice activation on their new Match? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello.

I feel as though I'm on this forum everynight at the moment!

I have another thing that is bugging me.

I took delivery of my new 'Match' in June this year although I was originally down for an SE. One of the bonuses then is that I have Bluetooth.

The Bluetooth works fine, except that I cannot get voice activation.

If you look under your driver's seat, you will see a styrophone box - this houses the Bluetooth module.

As i understand it, there are three iterations:

9W2: Allows Bluetooth music streaming (A2DP), answer calls and dial calls but without voice activation and is not compatible with the MFD and does not allow the use of a phone book.

9W3: Allows voice activation but not Bluetooth music streaming (A2DP). It is compatible with the MFD and uses its own phone book (imported from the phone).

9W7: This is the latest version and allows A2DP, voice activation and is compatible with the MFD.

I have tried music streaming from my iPhone using Bluetooth and it works perfectly. That means that I definitely don't have 9W3.

9W2 is the oldest of the three and is not compatible with the MFD and does not support its own phone book.

So that leaves the newset one, 9W7. That seems to make sense as I have a new spec car and I can audio stream, use the MFD to acess my phonebook as well as change various blutooth/phone settings. I can also use the RCD510 to access my phonebook and make calls.

In the small manual that came with it, it clearly states that voice activation is possible, either by pressing the button that has a star on it in the 3 button cluster on the roof or by pressing the microphone button on the MFSW.

Nothing happens when I press the button on the roof and all that happens when I press the microphone button on the MFSW is that it mutes the radio\media and nothing more.

Trawling through the Internet, I came accross a number of folk who have upgraded their 9W2 to 9W7. They used VAG-COM (VCDS) to chanage a setting to make the microphone button on their MFSW as a PTT (push to talk) rather than simply being a means to mute the sound. It's simply a matter of changing one digit from a menu within the software.

It seems strange that I haven't got voice activation although I presume I have the newest module. I thought it wouldn't make any difference whether you have the RNS510 or the RCD510 since after all, these are not the Bluetooth modules.

So my question is this:

Has anyone out there taken delivery of the new 'Match' and is able to use voice activation?

If the answer is yes, then I it looks as though my MFSW hasn't been programmed correctly.

Kind regards,
    Darren

0 0 0

2. Re: Anybody using voice activation on their new Match (RCD510)? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Though i haven't got one of these it makes an interesting read, i was hoping they could have fixed the BT/audio issues with the new system in the match. On the vw (bury kit) i have voice activated dialling much use it is though as 99% of the time it dials the wrong person completely.
    Golf mk6 (2010) 1.6S TDI (105) 5 Door Shadow Blue
    Alloys, Sunroof, Fogs, 310 Radio+MDI, Highline, Mats, Service Plan, GAP+Smart Repair.

0 0 0

3. Re: Anybody using voice activation on their new Match (RCD510)? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi.

The most amusing part of this story is that I havn't yet used Bluetooth to make a call nor have I received a call! Yet. lol.

I just can't bear the thought of missing out on something!

It all works fine, music streaming etc. I just don't have the voice activation facility but I'm sure I should have.

Darren

0 0 0

4. Re: Anybody using voice activation on their new Match (RCD510)? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I know how u feel...I have the MDi music working and BT connected to the phone but the stupid BT kit mutes the phones audio so i get no instructions on the satnav on the phone its madness!
    Alloys, Sunroof, Fogs, 310 Radio+MDI, Highline, Mats, Service Plan, GAP+Smart Repair.

0 0 0

5. Re: Anybody using voice activation on their new Match (RCD510)? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I collected my Golf on 010910, it is an SE though and it has the premium 9W3 bluetooth and MFSW. I use the voice activation feature which is excellent, easy and accurate to use (once you have set up the voice tags to names in your phone book).

I did note that the small operating manual "Mobile Telephone Provision" does appear to have some slight inaccuracies in it. ( i guess because there have been slight tweaks to the system every now and then).

My booklet has print status date on the back of "19.08.2009 - Englisch 11.2009". (even with the spell error!)

Just wondered if it was worth making sure your manual is up to date/correct for your version?

Collected 1st Sept 2010: New Golf SE 1.4 TSI 5 Dr, 6 spd manual, Candy White, Seattle 17" alloys and Sport Suspension, Dark Tinted Rear Glass, RCD510 & Dynaudio Soundpack, MFSW with Highline & Bluetooth Premium, Lux Pack, Storage Pack, Basic Protection Pack, Front Fogs, Flat Tyre Ind.

0 0 0

6. Re: Anybody using voice activation on their new Match (RCD510)? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your comments. The manual is up to date (May 2010).

There is nothing wrong with such with the manual. There's only so many buttons and options to select!

I'm wondering whether they purposely deactivate the voice recognition on the standard fit Bluetooths on the Match.

However, now that Bluetooth is standard on the Match, I can't recall there now being a 'premium' OPTION on the 'build your own' configuration pages on the Internet. Hmmm

Regards,
    Darren

0 0 0

7. Re: Anybody using voice activation on their new Match (RCD510)? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Definitely sounds like you need your steering wheel recoding, try to find someone on here local to you to help (I retrofitted Premium Bluetooth in my GT last week). Strange though that the overhead button isn't working, although this does need coding too (in the coding of the Bluetooth module itself - controller 77, see https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=105070).

0 0 0

8. Re: Anybody using voice activation on their new Match (RCD510)? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    From what I've just been reading the 9W3 kits are already out of date and have been replaced with 9W7

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a...etooth-FAQ.htm

0 0 0

9. Re: Anybody using voice activation on their new Match (RCD510)? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I like the look of the 9W7's, nice.

Got a query though. If the module sits below the passenger seat what occurs when the storage drawers are fitted?

Anyone with module and drawers?

Reason I ask is, I've got a Match on order with the storage pack specified.

0 0 0

10. Re: Anybody using voice activation on their new Match (RCD510)? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just got from the dealer. After some investigation on the computer system, voice activation is only for RNS510. Manual, internet doesn't mention this. Oh well...

Booked it in for next week for them to look at my creaking doors/B pillar.

Thanks everyone for their input.

Darren

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast