Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Audi A4 3.0TDI 2006.

My key fob stopped working on the remote yesterday. The key started the engine okay and locks and unlocks the door. Thinking it might be a low battery I installed a new battery and followed the instructions in the handbook to 'resychronise' which apparently is what you have to do after a battery change. Nothing happened and the remote still won't work. Any ideas or will I have to go to the dealers?

PS. My other key also failed like this last year but I just left it in a drawer and used the spare (the one I have now). So I now have two key fobs each with a new battery but not working the remote although they both start the engine okay.

Thanks for any help.

0 0 0

2. Re: Key fob not working the remote 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    how did u resync it

0 0 0

3. Re: Key fob not working the remote 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I followed the handbook instructions to press the unlock button on the fob, put into ignition and turn on then remove key and press either lock or unlock but no success, tried it with both fobs and just the same result.

0 0 0

4. Re: Key fob not working the remote 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Hoes Peter's post here provide any extra detail that the manual doesn't? It may be worth trying the steps he posted if they are slightly different to what you have already tried.

Good luck!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

1 0 0

5. Re: Key fob not working the remote 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks MFGF. The post you quoted says to use a key that doesn't have a remote to unlock/lock the driver's door, unfortunately I haven't got this key. I've found a few posts on the internet about this problem but I'm now having second thoughts about trying them out and have booked it in to the dealers for next Wednesday.

The thing is, at the moment I can unlock, lock and start the car and I'm a bit worried if I try various procedures they might just deactivate the program altogether and I'll be left with having to have the car towed away. The nearest dealer is quite some distance and I also live fairly remote.

It's not a massive problem having to use the key for locking etc except I cannot open the tailgate without having to drop the rear seats and manually open it from the inside. Pity Audi didn't put a lock on the tailgate that could be used from the outside.

0 0 0

6. Re: Key fob not working the remote 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Open drivers door using key, put key into ignition and turn to 2 (where dash lights up), do not start the car, turn key off and remove from ignition, immediately press unlock button, you will hear your car unlocking. This is the re-pairing sequence.

Failing that you will need to use Vag com to do it and in vag com you can see if the key is actually being recognised.

If you have trouble with both keys then there may be a problem with the Convenience unit (also known as Comfort unit).

You do not have to worry about being stranded as the immobiliser is totally separate to the remote unlock/lock feature.

PM me if you are still having issues.

Cheers
    Sarge
    Audi A4 2.0 TFSi DTM, Quattro, 2006, 220 BHP, Sprint Blue, Multi Spoke Alloys, Light pack, Bi-Directional Xenons, Auto Wipers, Recaro/Electric/Leather/Alcantara/Heated/Memory Seats, Under seat storage, Carbon Fibre spoilers, Carbon Fibre trim inserts, RNS-E Sat Nav, Bluetooth Phone Prep, SDS, FBMFSW, .....

1 0 0

7. Re: Key fob not working the remote 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you Sarge. I tried the key method but nothing happened. When I pressed unlock it just remained silent (no sound of doors unlocking). Please excuse me but I have no idea about VAG com. However, you've stopped me worrying about whether or not I might knock out the immobiliser by trying these methods.

Perhaps there is something wrong with the convenience unit - no doubt the dealers will tell me and then tell me how much it will cost to rectify!

0 0 0

8. Re: Key fob not working the remote 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    The keys may need re-pairing using VCDS, as sarge say.
    Try Ben @ http://www.sharkperformance.co.uk/
    Cheaper than going to a dealer.
    A4 2.5 tdi QS (mapped)

1 0 0

9. Re: Key fob not working the remote 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Kite. I've given Ben a call and am awaiting reply. Daft thing is I had my car remapped by Ben last year but didn't think about him for doing keys etc. I'll let you know how I go on.

0 0 0

10. Re: Key fob not working the remote 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Road Rocket View Post
    Thank you Sarge. I tried the key method but nothing happened. When I pressed unlock it just remained silent (no sound of doors unlocking). Please excuse me but I have no idea about VAG com. However, you've stopped me worrying about whether or not I might knock out the immobiliser by trying these methods.

Perhaps there is something wrong with the convenience unit - no doubt the dealers will tell me and then tell me how much it will cost to rectify!
    Vag Com is pc based software which can communicate with the car, it can read/erase fault codes and be used to install/programme different modules to the car.

I know a lot of VAG cars to have faulty convenience units and I actually have 2 of these from Audi A2's with the exact same fault as you describe. They work fine otherwise, just 'deaf' to the remote signal if you like.

If you sit in the drivers seat 'without' key in ignition, listening carefully, can you hear faint clicking noises?

I am in London otherwise you would be welcome to pop down and I would scan the car for you.

Cheers
    Sarge
    Last edited by Sarge786; 10-09-2010 at 06:12 PM.
    Audi A4 2.0 TFSi DTM, Quattro, 2006, 220 BHP, Sprint Blue, Multi Spoke Alloys, Light pack, Bi-Directional Xenons, Auto Wipers, Recaro/Electric/Leather/Alcantara/Heated/Memory Seats, Under seat storage, Carbon Fibre spoilers, Carbon Fibre trim inserts, RNS-E Sat Nav, Bluetooth Phone Prep, SDS, FBMFSW, .....

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast