Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLFMK5GTTDI View Post
    Following your example from your previous post, i'm now also bidding on a head unit. i couldn't really decide between the rcd 300 mp3 or the standard rcd 500 and fit an ipod lead, also on ebay. i know its probably cost more but its just the job i think.
    Good luck with the auction! Just make sure you don't end up bidding on my old unit!!

0 0 0

2. Re: "HOW TO" The Radio, Auxiliary, Ipod, and Leads Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I dont want to sound a complete numpty here but i got some stereo removal tools to take out the cassette unit from my vw transporter 05.

I tested them out and managed to remove the unit ok. Thing is I havent got a replacement head unit yet so i want to put the thing back in.

I cant figure out how to remove the removal keys from the unit. Has anyone got an idea how to get the keys off my stereo!!

Also just to clarify, am I correct in thinking that i need the following parts to add an aftermarket unit.

PC5-137.....for the aerial
    PC2-75-4.....for the wiring.

thanks

0 0 0

3. Re: "HOW TO" The Radio, Auxiliary, Ipod, and Leads Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    try pushing the radio back in, the chances are they are clipped in by an unfortunate spring thing, so they may realease. This is just a guess.

No idea with the part codes tho.

0 0 0

4. Re: "HOW TO" The Radio, Auxiliary, Ipod, and Leads Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No...they wont budge....i tried pushing it back in....damn...anyone else have an idea?

thanks

0 0 0

5. Re: "HOW TO" The Radio, Auxiliary, Ipod, and Leads Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just to update.....i got them out eventually....i had to push damn hard on the metal 'catches' that lock the radio in place.

0 0 0

6. Re: "HOW TO" The Radio, Auxiliary, Ipod, and Leads Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone ever fitted an in dash sat nav to a B5 passat? I'm going to be using mine as a taxi soon and dont want a sat nav stuck to the windscreen. Any details will be appreciated.
    1998 Audi A4 2.8 V6 quattro

0 0 0

7. Re: "HOW TO" The Radio, Auxiliary, Ipod, and Leads Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks to Golfmk5gttdi for all his info on RCD300 radio removal. However, would like to know if anyone has experience of the same procedure on a 2006 Touran? Could do with so;e pointers please on how to remove the cubby on top of the dash.

Thanks in advance

Chris
    (Henry's Dad)

0 0 0

8. Re: "HOW TO" The Radio, Auxiliary, Ipod, and Leads Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry's Dad View Post
    Thanks to Golfmk5gttdi for all his info on RCD300 radio removal. However, would like to know if anyone has experience of the same procedure on a 2006 Touran? Could do with so;e pointers please on how to remove the cubby on top of the dash.

Thanks in advance

Chris
    (Henry's Dad)

You don't need to do anything with the cubby on top.
    I have a 04 Touran and 2 days ago replaced the original RCD300 with the mp3 playing version(off ebay), all you need to do is pull the trim off of the dash at the bottom near the gear stick, it feels like you are going to break it but it just needs a good strong pull.

if you go to www.clubtouran.net then they give you a picture by picture blow of how to replace the stereo

HTH

0 0 0

9. Re: "How To" The Radio, Auxiliary, Ipod, and Leads Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    this is great, I feel like I've nearly found what I'm looking for. does anyone know where i can find a picture guide to removing the standard fit RCD500 from an EOS please? Can I assume that it's the same as the Passat? The Golf is slightly different as it has the clips to remove at the top but the EOS doesn't have this. Any help greatly appreciated, thanks

0 0 0

10. Re: The Radio, Auxiliary, Ipod, and Leads Thread Directory 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Please see my post "Retro fitting VW Aux-in Lead Golf MK5" for a guide this this. May be it could be listed on the index on post #1 of this thread. Thanks. Kev.
    '08 GOLF GT TDI 140

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast