Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Factory Orders - still available ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Factory Orders - still available ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've had various conflicting information from 3 different dealerships, and two different leasing companies about factory ordered Passat Estates.

Some say Estates are still available as factory orders whilst the saloon is now only from stock, whilst others say that all Passat's are now from stock only.

Trying to pin down a new company car, and thought I had the one, but if it can't have the extras I want (and I doubt that there will be one with the exact combination) then it will be back to the drawing board!

Cheers

Tony

0 0 0

2. Re: Factory Orders - still available ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had a phone call from the dealership where I got my car 2 years ago. They said that my car is extremely sought after and that they would settle my finance so that I could sell the car earlier. I have heard lots of people interested in estates and dealerships not being able to supply. They're maybe nearly out of stock but not wanting to get any more in as there is supposedly a new model estate coming in early 2011.

0 0 0

3. Re: Factory Orders - still available ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I ordered (factory order) a new Passat estate back in the beginning of June for delivery 1 Sept for the new "60" plate. No problems with dealers wanting to take my order back then, and the car arrived at my dealership after around 8 weeks, which is bang on when they said it would - I didn't believe them so allowed 12 weeks to be safe. By contrast, Skoda want more like 12-16 weeks on factory orders for Octavia and Superb models.
    Sept 2010 Passat Estate 2.0CR TDI Highline with RCD510, full leather, heated seats, cruise control, tinted rear windows.

0 0 0

4. Re: Factory Orders - still available ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Remember the "new" Passat will be launched at the Paris Motor Show in October.

See attached.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...Passat/252084/

Therefore with a 3 to 4 month lead time on factory orders expect to see it in the Uk in early 2011.

0 0 0

5. Re: Factory Orders - still available ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 170diesel View Post
    Remember the "new" Passat will be launched at the Paris Motor Show in October.

See attached.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...Passat/252084/

Therefore with a 3 to 4 month lead time on factory orders expect to see it in the Uk in early 2011.
    Yes tis true only the stock available will be sold imho that is is a sad day the sat is taking on the family which I personally don't like
    2001 fiat Brava (aka Shelly) Sold/2003 fiat Stilo (aka The Beast) Crashed/2003 fiat Stilo (aka The Beast 2) Sold/2006 Passat S TDI sold
    Current:2007 Honda Civic Type S GT/2009 MKVI GTI

Call me ESSE

0 0 0

6. Re: Factory Orders - still available ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not an all new model though, just a B6 with styling tweeks.

Cheers
    Lee
    2010 VW Passat 2.0CR TDi DSG, Parking Sensors, RCD510 with Media-In Interface and bluetooth, Leather, Cruise, TPM, Auto Hold, 17% Tints, Candy White.

0 0 0

7. Re: Factory Orders - still available ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by logiclee View Post
    Not an all new model though, just a B6 with styling tweeks.

Cheers
    Lee

More like b6.5 then
    2001 fiat Brava (aka Shelly) Sold/2003 fiat Stilo (aka The Beast) Crashed/2003 fiat Stilo (aka The Beast 2) Sold/2006 Passat S TDI sold
    Current:2007 Honda Civic Type S GT/2009 MKVI GTI

Call me ESSE

0 0 0

8. Re: Factory Orders - still available ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just waiting for the lease company rep who we are processing the order through to see if he can place it with VW.

I'll either

a) Be able to have it factory ordered
    b) Might be luck and they have a stock car the required colour / spec / extras
    c) Have to drive my bloody Honda for another 6 months until the new version comes out!

Tony

0 0 0

9. Re: Factory Orders - still available ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tonymurphy30 View Post
    Just waiting for the lease company rep who we are processing the order through to see if he can place it with VW.

I'll either

a) Be able to have it factory ordered
    b) Might be luck and they have a stock car the required colour / spec / extras
    c) Have to drive my bloody Honda for another 6 months until the new version comes out!

Tony
    Option c would appeal to me. I'd rather wait 6 months and get the new model, than have a new car now that will be out of date in 6 months. If you get the current model every time you see the new model you'll wish you'd waited a bit longer.

0 0 0

10. Re: Factory Orders - still available ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnloaderuk View Post
    Option c would appeal to me. I'd rather wait 6 months and get the new model, than have a new car now that will be out of date in 6 months. If you get the current model every time you see the new model you'll wish you'd waited a bit longer.
    x2

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast