Recently while out for the day i encountered what I understand to be Limp mode. The car would still drive but no real acceleration. I managed to get home ok and a restart seemed to cure it.
A couple of weeks later it happened again.
For a while acceleration has been sluggish below 2000rpm but recently it had pushed out to about 2200 RPM before decent acceleration kicked in.

After the 1st time i had done some reading and happened across some great info on this site and others. I decided to clean up around the EGR as there was some oil and generally have a look around for anything obvious before asking too much.

1st thing i found was the brake booster pipe that goes through the bulkhead appeared loose. There is a soft grommet type hole that it was in but it was loose and there isn't a tight fit. I have pushed this pipe in a little but not convinced it is correct.

This didn't change anything on the car so a little more looking was needed. Following some information @Crasher had posted i found that the air duct above the air filter box had rubbed a hole in one of the hard pipes underneath so i ordered some silicone replacements.

Whilst replacing the hoses i found a hole in the other plastic pipe as well.

I put it back together and took it for a spin. Good acceleration from about 1400 rpm now.

There is a length of hose underneath the engine that i haven't changed yet as need to get underneath - think this maybe to the turbo actuator.

So a huge thanks to all on this forum who have posted info in the past that i have been able to use.

And if anyone can explain how the brake boost hose interacts with the bulkhead i would appreciate it.

Onto working out where the passenger door is leaking now!!! The joys

IMG_20240322_094907473_HDR.jpgIMG_20240316_084135994 (1).jpg