Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Any advice please
    I have a golf tdi gt in silver over winter period I’ve noticed both wings and now starting on the back ,rust corrosion at the centre of the wings
    I’ve heard stories that vw have to help on this
    As a novice any help on how I go about asking and who I contact
    Any help be appreciated
    It’s a 2008 model

0 0 0

2. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    There are workshop notifications about these areas, the lower wing one is actually much less common but unless it has rusted through from the inside they try and cover it on the paint defect guarantee which is expired in your case and to be honest they are right. Having said that, over the years have known many people who have had new wings on Passat 3B, 3C and Golf 4, 5 and 6 covered under the perforation warranty which I think is 12 years on your car. You have posted this in the Passat 3B section but you say it is a 2008 which would make it a 3C.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thankyou for reply
    Both front wings above centre of wheel are now bubbles and there seems to be like a hole in the plastic arches so water hitting the backside of the wing direct the inner lip seems to be rusted and worked its way through to paint its identical place both front wings
    Should I approach the vw garage
    Thanks

0 0 0

4. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm in the same position with a 2007 Golf GT sport owned from new. Dealer said that up until 6 months ago VW were replacing wings free of charge but now they have applied a 10 year limit on the basis of a good will gesture. Yes I recognise the 12 yr warranty claim but the dealer implied that these have always been treated as good will gestures as far as VW finance is concerned. Have you been able to make any progress with VW?

0 0 0

5. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Same here. 2007 Golf Plus. I have been told that they would have replaced them if the car was not older than 10 years. That was over the phone - the dealer hasn't even looked at it. So I wrote to VW Customer Care, who is getting in touch with the dealer. I don't have much hope it'll get sorted.

0 0 0

6. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All
    Apologies if this is a previously asked question but I cannot find anything regarding it! I have purchased a Passat B6 Highline 2 months ago and didn't notice the dreaded bubbling paint on the front wing. Very discreet, but its there. Called a dealer who said they will not pursue a claim, or even look at the car as I only recently purchased the vehicle and the issue was there to begin with. No attempts made to paint it and hasn't broke the surface yet. I must say the information and previous experiences in this thread will help me no end but so far cannot find anything with regard to recent new ownership. Chris

0 0 0

7. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    New ownership doesn't affect the warranty. Take it into a dealer with a warranty manager on site, get it inspected. Don't take no for an answer, print off the bulletin listed previously and stand your ground. Oooh just saw its a B6, is it within 12 years?

0 0 0

8. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Sorry for posting on this forum as I didn't see one on the VW Touran forum, but oh dear, the wheel arch problem again for me. I have an 08 VW Touran and noticed the nsf wheel arch bubbling at Christmas and most recently spotted the same with the osf wheel arch. Contacted Inchcape in Telford who pointed me to the VW Paint and Body shop in Shrewsbury. Just managed to pop out there a week ago and they took metal readings and photos of the affected area. I mentioned that I had heard that the car was covered under a 12 year warranty and the problem was to do with the foam padding and rusting inside-out. Promptly told that the warranty was more of a gesture of goodwill even though I told them I had the car for just over 6 years now(because they explained too many people buying them recently and wanted to claim).

Just got an email this morning from the body shop saying that they will not do anything under the warranty at all because 'due to the age of your vehicle'. Gob smacked at this and after a quick email to them asking them to reconsider I received another email stating 'it is not our decision' and gave me the Customer Care number 0800 083 3920. I called them and spoke to a block who listened to my request for a warrenty repair and said there are 2 types of warranty, anti-corrosion and Paint. He went on to say that the bubbling was most likely down to something getting in between the paintwork and the bodywork and therefore was not the covered however if I stayed on the phone he would call the bodyshop and see what he could do. 20 minutes of on hold. Then disconnected. He called me back and said the body shop is refusing the warranty, and no gesture of good will but they are willing to carry out the bodywork repair at full cost! The car is only covered on a 10 year warranty and I just missed that in May. How many warranties are there for crying out load......

I have received the quote for replace/paint both wings and another one for replace/paint both wings and 'blending' my doors!?? Smells of money making to me.

I have printed off the vw front wings.pdf document from earlier in the forum and have quoted it to the body shop and mentioned that VW customer services have told me it was their decision not VW customer services to refuse any work apart from paid and I will use their detail in a Small Claims Court action. Just waiting on response, possibly wave a red flag to a bull but I am not losing anything anyway.

Is it right that there is a 10 year warranty as well as a 12 year warranty? Is it believed that the same TPI as mentioned in the pdf covers Tourans as well since they are based on the Golf Plus?

0 0 0

9. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHP View Post
    Sorry for posting on this forum as I didn't see one on the VW Touran forum, but oh dear, the wheel arch problem again for me. I have an 08 VW Touran and noticed the nsf wheel arch bubbling at Christmas and most recently spotted the same with the osf wheel arch. Contacted Inchcape in Telford who pointed me to the VW Paint and Body shop in Shrewsbury. Just managed to pop out there a week ago and they took metal readings and photos of the affected area. I mentioned that I had heard that the car was covered under a 12 year warranty and the problem was to do with the foam padding and rusting inside-out. Promptly told that the warranty was more of a gesture of goodwill even though I told them I had the car for just over 6 years now(because they explained too many people buying them recently and wanted to claim).

Just got an email this morning from the body shop saying that they will not do anything under the warranty at all because 'due to the age of your vehicle'. Gob smacked at this and after a quick email to them asking them to reconsider I received another email stating 'it is not our decision' and gave me the Customer Care number 0800 083 3920. I called them and spoke to a block who listened to my request for a warrenty repair and said there are 2 types of warranty, anti-corrosion and Paint. He went on to say that the bubbling was most likely down to something getting in between the paintwork and the bodywork and therefore was not the covered however if I stayed on the phone he would call the bodyshop and see what he could do. 20 minutes of on hold. Then disconnected. He called me back and said the body shop is refusing the warranty, and no gesture of good will but they are willing to carry out the bodywork repair at full cost! The car is only covered on a 10 year warranty and I just missed that in May. How many warranties are there for crying out load......

I have received the quote for replace/paint both wings and another one for replace/paint both wings and 'blending' my doors!?? Smells of money making to me.

I have printed off the vw front wings.pdf document from earlier in the forum and have quoted it to the body shop and mentioned that VW customer services have told me it was their decision not VW customer services to refuse any work apart from paid and I will use their detail in a Small Claims Court action. Just waiting on response, possibly wave a red flag to a bull but I am not losing anything anyway.

Is it right that there is a 10 year warranty as well as a 12 year warranty? Is it believed that the same TPI as mentioned in the pdf covers Tourans as well since they are based on the Golf Plus?
    Sorry to hear this.
    That's just it, it is a warranty but not a recall. It is purely down to if they want to repair another of their poor design!!!!

The blending to doors or surrounding panels is what a bodyshop will do to blend in the repair/repaint of the wings. Warranty/VW won't cover this because they are tight. The bodyshop will offer if you want to pay for this.

VW pay out the absolute minimum for a bodyshop to do this IF they pay out.

Makes you sick because they know exactly why, but just take each case on case. These cases all vary due to how much the dealer or bodyshop is on your side or doesn't want the work (the make zero profit from it)

Good luck.
    '08 GOLF GT TDI 140

0 0 0

10. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Technically speaking the typical damage in this area is only covered by the three year paint warranty, the corrosion warranty only covers perforation rusting from the inside out and this is more inside, then under and up the other side. Why some plonker specified an absorbent foam for this task is anyone’s guess, total stupidity probably caused by a penny pinching accountant and a young engineer who did not understand rust, only NVH.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 236371727374 LastLast