1. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Nice one and congrats on the win in the end!
    Thanks for sharing

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

0 0 0

2. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    @APC Well done. Makes mine on the Mk5 I had look like a pin pri-ck in size comparrison!!!

0 0 0

3. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Cheap as,
    I've got good news, but I am not sure if it is helpful. I have a mk5 golf with the same standard rust on the front wings. Its 11 years old and I am the third owner, it was originally serviced at VW garages, but the last owner serviced it elsewhere. I took it to the Inchcape VW garage in Chester and the guy (who is the only one in my area and has done, by his own account "loads of these") said that as long as its in warranty (12 year bodywork warranty) and its the original paint work (i.e. it hasnt been painted before by someone else) that there should be no problem. I didnt have to provide any service history or any proof that I am the original owner. My car is booked in for it to get sorted in a couple of weeks. By the sounds of it, it depends on the garage you take it to, but as stated in other posts dont give up. They know its a fault and the warranty is 12 years irrespective of service history (it has nothing to do with the bodywork of a car anyway) or how long you have owned the car.

Good luck mate

0 0 0

4. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Yep, all as stated here in this thread many many times before, congrats on the fix Sceek.

Tsb for those that keep asking, found here...... VW Audi Forum - The #1 VW Group Community

ALL the info that anyone requires can be found in this thread, all it takes is a little time and to be able to read.
    Sorry guys don't mean to be pedantic and I really, really don't mind helping anyone, I've replied to around at least 40+ pm's and emails on this issue

What I don't get is, the car is in terrible condition with this issue AND it's likely to be a relatively expensive fix that you SHOULDN'T have to pay as it's covered under warranty.
    Surely an hour or two to be better prepared and or informed for the fight that will almost surely come is worth a few hours??

Look at it this way, how much do you earn per hour?
    £8 maybe some on £9 or £10 per hour and some maybe on a little more at £15 - £20 per hour

So 2, 3 or even 4 hours of reading IF required to save anywhere from £300 - £1000 lets say.
    That works out at anywhere from £75 - £150 up to £250 - £500 PER HOUR SAVED!!!

So my advice ( I will ALWAYS continue to help other owners as and where / when I can ) is to read, read and re read till your eyes bleed ( maybe just short of that...lol )

Best
    Jim

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

0 0 0

5. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I spoke to these guys and they knew exactly what the crack was and had done many. Very helpful even though I didn't use them (wish I had!)

http://www.balgores.com/sudbury-service-centre/
    '08 GOLF GT TDI 140

0 0 0

6. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Hello again all,

My original post about this isue was back on page 16, where I had a succesful outcome with my wife's 02 reg Passat. Both wings replaced under warranty with almost no hassle at all. To date they're still rust free, despite somebody managing to remodel one of them in a parking garage.

This morning I was servicing my 52 reg Passat when something caught my eye, surely not I thought, I had counted myself lucky when my wife's had suffered from the dreaded cancer and thought I was one of the lucky ones that didn't have the sound deadening fitted. Alas, there it was, quite advanced as well and on both wings.

Question is, the car is now 13+ years old (originally registered early 2003), is it worth me even approaching VW. Be interested to hear from anybody who has managed to get them to repair or replace the wings once out of the corrosion warranty.

Thanks in advance.

Ian

0 0 0

7. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ianhayter View Post
    Hello again all,

This morning I was servicing my 52 reg Passat when something caught my eye, surely not I thought, I had counted myself lucky when my wife's had suffered from the dreaded cancer and thought I was one of the lucky ones that didn't have the sound deadening fitted. Alas, there it was, quite advanced as well and on both wings.

Question is, the car is now 13+ years old (originally registered early 2003), is it worth me even approaching VW. Be interested to hear from anybody who has managed to get them to repair or replace the wings once out of the corrosion warranty.

Thanks in advance.

Ian
    I suspect blood from a stone comes to mind, if you feel like it.... would be interesting.

I'm suprised they didn't say we best check out the other car of yours too, or they probably have to 'see' rust appearing on the outside first.

Maybe yours had better built fitting gap on the wings/arches and rubbed less.

First thing I did when i bought my second Golf MK5 was whip out the foam, protect the inner lip of the wing and correctly re fit the inner arch liner.
    Only because a kid could have repaired my previous Golf better than VW Vindis did.

I loose count how many MK4, MK5 Golf's and B5/6 passats I see with absolutely nasty rust fron wings, unfortunately it reminds of bad times. On the other hand I can't help smiling because VW must see this too!
    Last edited by Kevster140; 02-04-2016 at 07:33 AM.

0 0 0

8. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrannosauRoss View Post
    Hi,

I'm about to have this fight with my local VW dealer, they've come back offering me the 50% goodwill. Anyone got the links to the worth while posts?
    VW are still saying it's only covered under the 3year warranty, and still only offering the 50% goodwill gesture. Don' think I said but my car is actually a scirocco. I'm just now lost what to do.

edit:

Missed a call today, VW are saying it's edge and fold damange and that's why it's not been covered. Also sent a follow up email to the dealer saying I still haven't heard anything back in regards to my complaint to them it took 7months to get an answer. I think I'll give them till end of the week, before going to their bodyshop on monday and asking to speak to a manager to show them how my car has deteriorated in that time/
    Last edited by tyrannosauRoss; 06-04-2016 at 01:15 PM.

0 0 0

9. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi I have 2 rusty front wings on my 05 tdi gt golf .I took it to beadles vw bodyshop in Otford Sevenoaks Kent .They inspected the car and wrote out a report to vw .this car has never had any paintwork is an original example. After a month I have heard nothing back from them so I pursued them today .Sad to say they have rejected my claim saying my car was bought from a dealership in Malta. I have seen in my service book stamp that the garage was In malta but the car was serviced in Wales 6 months later.Gutted thought I was going to get the problem sorted out .yet again vw have wriggled out of it .or have they does anyone have a copy of the conditions of the 12year anti corrosion guarantee.

I have just found this in my service book.

I think I have a strong case as well this car has never had a change of plates. My logbook shows no register of any Maltese documents and was registered in the UK.

How do you think I stand will tweet in the vw consumer page .
    Last edited by Sam; 22-06-2016 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Merging 5 consecutive posts into one

0 0 0

10. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    But it is not perforation rusting, it is creep around rust.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 70 of 75 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast