Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All,
    I've just taken my 04 Passat into my local VW dealer as i have corrosion on both my front wings.
    All they did was put my vehicle details into the system and it came back with no warranty cover or good will gesture.
    The warranty manager then went through the usual BS about different types of corrosion, and then told me that VW have just changed the cover from 12 years to 10 so as i have an 04 car i wouldn't be covered anyway.
    I have been given a customer services number to call so we will see what they have to say.

I have now been in touch with customer services and have a claims manager dealing with my case.
    Seems funny that everyone i have spoken to at VW agrees the corrosion is covered by the 12 year warranty except the warranty manager at the dealers.
    I will continue to update my case.
    Have a great weekend everyone.

Well I collected my car on Friday, both front wings replaced and a courtesy car provided all free of charge.
    Very happy with the quality of the colour match and fitting.
    My claims manager was fantastic, very professional always called when she said she would.
    My car is an 04 plate so the warranty is due to expire in May.
    Chuffed with the outcome....
    Last edited by Chris Lake; 08-02-2016 at 09:46 PM.

0 0 0

2. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well i thought i would sign up and post my input on my warranty claim after reading this thread (although not a passat) and the website linked above.

so after seeing the post a few pages back (how true it is i dont know) about VW silencing customers i will keep the some details vague until its complete and i will come back and give some proper details if its allowed.

i emailed the warranty claims manager at one of my nearest dealers regarding rusty wings on my 05 (130k+ miles *insert car model later*) around the Christmas period last year...a day later i had a email and a date to have it inspected.

turned up at the dealer and met by a nice chap at the showroom who got the claims manger.

took some photos and paint thickness readings of the wings and was told i would expect a phone call at the end of the week.

true to their word i had a phone call and its booked in and VW are replacing the wings free of charge. i didn't get any ' its a paint defect' comments, 'it doesn't have full VW service history' or any other comment to avoid the warranty claim which i was quite surprised about, as i was expected to jump through hoops like some people have done in this thread

and even included a courtesy car while its in the workshop

i will include pictures later once the car returns to show the rusty wings and fill in more details*

0 0 0

3. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    I think it is down to the individual dealers body shop, ours is causing all sorts of grief, they refused all the rust spots on our 2009 Golf 6 saying they had been caused by rubbing which may have been plausible on the tailgate lower edge but on the light unit to the body and the leading edge of the drivers side rear door?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Last July I got my passat b5 53 plate estate front wings replaced by vw great job it was to, had the car for 7yrs, now my son has it. I bought a b6 08 plate 3mths ago 80k mls in good nick. So i thought, washed it yesterday discovered start of bubbles nearside front and rear! Looks like I'll be back at vw to go over old ground in the near future, if it ever stops raining!
    UPDATE Friday 11-03-2016 car was inspected by local dealer. On collection of the car I was told front wing would be replaced free of charge (goodwill) and the two rear arches would be repaired at a cost in excess of £515 (includes 50% goodwill). The dealer tried to explain to me different types of corrosion is the reason for this report! I did not accept this and was told to call VW customer service which I did. The guy there told me he would get back to me within 48hrs which he did but upheld the dealers stance, he to tried to explain 'different corrosion' and there was nothing he could do. I said I would take the matter further and he told me that as far as VW (UK) is concerned I can go no higher than him! (There is always someone higher). As an engineer of long standing I am insulted by VW's stance and lack of professional explanation of 'different corrosion types applicable to my car. Perforation corrosion is the term they apply liberally to warranty cover but fail coherently to explain what it actually is! They say it is from the inside out (the back of the panel to the front/outside surface, if this is the case then my car has this type of corrosion as there is no scrapes, scratches, dents or anything on the outside of the car just paint bubbles coming from within! I will be taking this further in the next few days.
    Last edited by jorviddcsnr; 22-03-2016 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Update

0 0 0

5. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    The 3C is becoming a rust joke, we have a 2008 and we have had to get every panel except the roof and bonnet repainted.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

I'm about to have this fight with my local VW dealer, they've come back offering me the 50% goodwill. Anyone got the links to the worth while posts?

0 0 0

7. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrannosauRoss View Post
    Hi,

I'm about to have this fight with my local VW dealer, they've come back offering me the 50% goodwill. Anyone got the links to the worth while posts?
    I thought this was the thread...

These may help i'd not linked to before

How to get rusty front wings replaced by volkswagen

Modern VW Passat Rusting issue Corrosion Poor Quality
    '08 GOLF GT TDI 140

0 0 0

8. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrannosauRoss View Post
    Hi,

Pm replied to........

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

0 0 0

9. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    The really depressing part is THE worst rust on modern VAG products is under the car, we see rear floors and chassis legs covered in thick scaly rust, I except it will not be long before my trusty screw driver finds a nice crunchy bit....

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well a small update from my previous post and as promised pictures of my rusty wings which VW replaced 100% free of charge last month

0 0 0

Page 69 of 75 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast