1. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What’s the issue with not covering the tailgate ?? If the corrosion is in the usual around the number plate lights area then its caused by manufacturing defects which they should cover. Fight it and don’t accept what they tell you. VW cust services are just playing damage limitations with us all. The fact they have offered a 50% factory goodwill gesture is literally admission to the problem. Mine had the corrosion around the lights and along the laser welded seams. I got it repaired at no cost to myself after a long battle.

0 0 0

2. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi, apologies for the late reply.

the tail gate corrosion is around the vw emblem that swivels to allow you to open the tailgate - its quite bad. its happening because water just sits in it and theres no way for it to escape - manufacturing defect for sure! they are agreeing to cover it 50% out of good will. See below email from vw cs after I complained:

"Following our telephone conversation on 5 August, regarding the corrosion on your vehicle, I can now confirm the outcome of my
    investigation. Please accept my apologies for the delay in my written response.

I appreciate that your expectations of reliability and build quality are high when you purchase a Volkswagen and that any
    failure is most disappointing. However, as with all manufacturer’s, it is always possible for an issue to arise during a
    component’s lifetime. It is for this reason that all new Volkswagens are supplied with a comprehensive three year Manufacturer’s
    Warranty or 12 year Body Protection Warranty.

The 12 year warranty covers corrosion that begins inside the vehicle’s body and works its way out. Duncan Widdowson, Service
    Manager at Windrush Slough, has confirmed that the corrosion on your wheel arches will be covered. Once they begin this repair
    it will be made clear whether the wheel arches will be repaired or replaced.

The issue with your tailgate arose because the protective covering of the paintwork was compromised. This allowed water to
    penetrate under the paintwork, causing corrosion from the outside in. The issue is therefore not covered by the 12 year
    warranty. It would have been covered by your vehicle’s three year warranty which has now expired.

Once a vehicle is outside the manufacturer’s warranty there is no legal obligation to offer support towards a repair by either
    the manufacturer or the dealer network. However, all our Volkswagen Retailers are empowered to consider a gesture of goodwill if
    they feel it is appropriate. We rely on their expert advice and are unable to increase or overturn any decision they make and I
    believe that the contribution of 50 per cent towards the tailgate is both fair and reasonable.

I appreciate that this is not the response you had hoped for, but trust that I have clarified the reasoning behind my decision.
    Thank you for contacting Volkswagen UK.

Kind regards"

In the process of writing letter to ceo and pursuing through small claims court.

0 0 0

3. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They give the through corrosion excuse and "That’s a mechanical or paint defect only covered for 3 yrs. crap" to most of us. If it’s a manufacturing defect, the probability of it causing you a problem, which it has, is very high, hence it was certain to happen so was not fit for purpose.

The stance a lot of us took is outlined in the sample letter here .. ignore that it says 403 forbidden. It still links direct to the page in question. Whichever way I added the link, it just displayed 403 Forbodden for some reason.

403 Forbidden

Feel free to use any or none of it. If they still palm you off send a data access request to Alex Smith also, or send it up front with your letter to him. It just furthers the point that your more than willing to see it through the small claims court.
    Last edited by maxgain; 11-08-2015 at 01:22 PM. Reason: url didnt display correctly..

0 0 0

4. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    that is defo the next step. just need to find time to get to doing the letter etc. cheers for the letters.

any idea how much the 50% of the tail gate repair would be?

0 0 0

5. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    To be honest, I have seen all sorts of ridiculous prices re. 50% off the tailgate. I can’t remember offhand what others were quoted.

The truth is, I never even bothered asking because I had no intention of paying it.

Best of luck. Keep us updated, not unless VW put an embargo on you publicising their 100% offer. This is what they have done to others. VW have told them the offer will be withdrawn if they go public with it. It makes no odds to me because it’s just about all of us getting the deal we are happy with and that’s it.

0 0 0

6. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    has anyone ever threatened to expose on social media? a very powerful tool that has made several huge corporations comply in the past....

0 0 0

7. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Been there, done that, as have many others, limited success
    To be fair up until the point I got mine through 100% free fix under "goodwill".....actually warranty as we all know, I was speaking to BBC Watchdog programme.

I had spent more than a few hours both speaking with one of their producers and also exchanged emails. I'd advised of the issues and the extent of the problem and also gave them another members name going through the process at the time.
    They were interested, very interested and we were discussing getting together, gathering more info, pics etc and taking it to air, it was that far progressed!
    Then out the blue, with no mention of Watchdog to VW I eventually had my claim resolved as did the other member, so nothing came of it.

I still have the producers details somewhere, I keep everything.

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

0 0 0

8. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    One guy who was posting on UKPASSATS did just that. He flooded VW's Facebook site and Twitter with images of his corrosion and his plight in dealing with the very helpful VW lack of cust services... He got a 95% result which he was happy with. I would of gone all the way. If they can offer 95% then they can offer 100%. It’s just VW being obnoxious as possible and playing us at their damage limitations game.

It’s all about getting the result your happy with. A gentleman I was helping was categorically told not to discuss his offer by VW upfront ,which on the outset they suggested he would get a 100% offer when the Management Executive team initially dealt with him before looking into his claim. I never heard back from the guy, which is no problem. If he got the result he was happy with then this is all good and well. He was told not to publically discuss it with anyone or post on any forums. They don’t want a tidal wave of people going down the same route and using these types of methods because they know it will encourage many others to question their BS 50% goodwill offers ..

I also contacted BBC Watchdog and would advise everyone else too as they are more likely to tackle the subject if enough people contact them.

People are more than welcome to send me pics of the corrosion on their golfs/Passat or any VW and I will post them on “VW’s Wall Of Shame”. VW are more than aware the site is in existence and know about the Wall Of Shame, (ignore it says 403 Forbidden the link works fine) 403 Forbidden It’s just another levering tool.. The page gets quite a few hits so has a presence out there.

0 0 0

9. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im tempted to go the whole hog with watch dog even if they do then offer 100% repair/replacement....

0 0 0

10. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That’s what a lot of us have done. It’s about exposing their tactics and highlighting the ways to go about persuading them to honour their warranty.

Each and every case is down to manufacturing defects they themselves have manufactured into the vehicles. Its outrageous to think customers should suffer because of their poor manufacturing techniques.

0 0 0

Page 64 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast