Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    I called nottingham VW today on behalf of a customer who was in yesterday for a service. He has a 2005 3B and the wings are a mess. The chap I spoke to was really nice and very helpfull saying that it is certainly possible that they would be able to get the go ahead to do them if the owner lets them view the car and put the paperwork in. I often find it is more productive to be nice and polite with people when dealing with awkward things like this (you have to admit claiming on a ten year warranty is a bit embarrassing) rather than pressing the Watchdog button which really winds people up.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

2. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I agree 100% with you what you’re saying. Becoming hostile or rude to the dealer or VW will get you nowhere and that’s not what I am about with anyone.

The problem I faced, is that even during the initial polite conversation with the dealer, Sinclair VW Newport, to discuss making an appointment to look at my vehicle with a view to claiming on VW's 12 yr. anti-corrosion warranty, the guy instantly palmed me off giving me the company line of fold/edge/crease corrosion “NOT COVERED”. I politely asked the guy a few questions to which his answer was simply, "I don’t know anything about body work, I only deal with mechanical claims". Many others have faced this too.

At no stage have I been rude with VW or the dealer or would I ever. Even when they have blatantly lied to me regarding certain issues or ripped the P. I would not advise anyone to become rude as it gets you nowhere.

However, the web-site, letters and help are simply there for anyone who finds themselves in the situation where the dealer and VW are either refusing to cover the warranty work or only offering to pay 50% goodwill that’s all. There’s no malice involved or VW bashing. If after all other routes have been exhausted, then what can you do and who do you complain too. This is what it’s about. I personally suggest going through the entire procedure of claiming, complaining to cust services who are a complete waste of time and then as a last resort, firing a letter off to Alex Smith VW CEO. The only thing I hope to achieve by this, is that VW may become more consistent in dealing with customers who are finding that the cars they bought with hard earned cash, rotting in places. It’s a mystery why some dealers just say like in your case "yes sir no problem, bring it in" and others play the VW damage limitations game with you from the off.

I personally don’t see how claiming on a ten/twelve year warranty is embarrassing. But if some people do then that’s cool with me.

0 1 0

3. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    This is the problem with any large organization and its branches, when you come across an individual who is belligerent (get it everywhere from the Supermarket to the new car showroom), it badly reflects on the whole company, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Being a child of the 60's I grew up with British Leyland rust where my mums first car (the 2nd owner of a three year old 1969 Mini Countryman) was so rusty the door mirror fell off and the rust warranty was 365 days and that's it, so having a 12 year rust warranty available no matter how many owners and how well its been looked after, rankles with me. Also I don't feel that most of the rust I see on these 10 ish year old cars is perforation from the inside, it is more surface rust coming from the edge but that is just semantics.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

4. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I know where your coming from Crasher. It is a very bad reflection on the organisation and its dealer network. I too remember good old BL. Them were the days for sure.

The thing is, I really don’t understand why some dealers just agree to sort these issues that appear to be identical to all of us, yet as you mention, others are totally belligerent. I have heard that "Beadles" in London are very good at covering our problems. That’s encouraging, but I live nowhere near London so have to rely on my local Dealer Sinclair VW Newport.

The prime issue we have is that all these problems where corrosion is present are manufacturing defects. We are presenting the fact that in every case these manufacturing defects were going to happen. The wing liners rubbing and causing corrosion. The sealer causing a reaction on the inner door seams causing corrosion. The tailgate number lights corroding due to water ingress from the rear wiper according to the claims manager at Sinclair VW body shop Swansea. I thought the tailgate issue was down to a bad reaction with the number plate light assembly. Whichever problem is causing the tailgate, both this and all the others are manufacturing defects and this is the stance we are taking.

What frustrates us further is that in the US, each and every one of these problems is rectified under the terms of the warranty. So VW are fully aware of the problems. Here is a link to the U.S warranty claims manual - http://www.corroding-volkswagens.com...anual-ni2j.pdf

0 1 0

5. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    The Americans have more clout than we do simply because 250 million people in the world's richest economy spend a lot more money than we do but that power also has its downsides, especially if you work in an industry which is subject to these powers and all of us behind the counter are human too, and consumers. I personally think a lot of the US consumer laws go too far and some of ours are heading that way.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

6. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Yanks love their law suites more than their Big Mac I believe. A nation raised to believ they have the right to sue for any given situation.

Cant comment on consumer rights in general. But I always like to think that common sense will prevail.

1 2 0

7. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just had my two front wings replaced under warranty on my Oct 2003 reg Passat.The job and car looks great, one wing had bubbles the other was rusting to point of paint falling of at 12 o'clockish! Well done to VW customer services in Leeds especially for there assistance and recognition of the issue. Local VW branch in Stirling initially stated the rust on the wings would not be covered but I booked the car in for a paint inspection in a weeks time irrespective of this comment (inspection is mandatory in any claim). Their paint inspector called me next day after the booking advising VW would not repair f.o.c. as it was a known issue and that the front wings were now a 10yr warranty!!!!!! I let him know who he was dealing with, see below,and the action I would be taking.

I called customer services in Leeds immediately after, they advised stick to inspection appointment making the issue formal for tracking and resolving. I was advised '10yrs on wings is incorrect and a misunderstanding' but the wings may not be covered by warranty if any paint work on the wings had been modified, fair enough as I knew no paintwork has ever been repaired on my car.

Car was inspected in the morning at VW branch, early afternoon got a call from VW Customer Services Leeds stating all was in order and the replacement of wings would be f.o.c. at the earliest convenience.

An appointment was duly made for 3 weeks later at VW approved paint shop(they were very busy) and a further 1 week later got the car back looking great.

A special thanks to Sean in Leeds, he was always very courteous and respectful(as was I) and followed up and monitored the situation meticulously.Finally I was advised during last call from Cust Serv the replacement wings are fully warranted and should outlive the remainder of the car.

Motto! If met with any induced corporate trained resistance from local VW branch! Go to Customer Services Leeds

I might add,I let VW know I am an engineer and sales manager of 40yrs standing in the supply of machinery and equipment including galvanised products(I know the process well, its capability, durability and warranties in more arduous environments than a car) and I knew clearly why the problem is evident on VW Audi wings (not least from this forum) i.e.design and construction induced etc. Simple fact no other body panel on my car has rust on it after 11.5yrs and 120k miles, that's not a coincidence!

2 2 0

8. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    Thank you very much for taking the time to join and make that comprehensive post.

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 0 0

9. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It’s highly encouraging to hear such success stories. It’s just a pity these experiences are not reflected throughout.

I for one would love to know why some just get their vehicles covered F.O.C , often at the first point of contact with the dealer. Yet others have to fight their corner when either told not a chance, or having the mystery “50% Factory Goodwill discount” applied when the issues are well known and documented by VW.

I don’t know whether it’s down to postcode lottery or just dealers not wishing to get involved with warranty work.

0 1 0

10. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    The same reason that the chip shop at the bottom of Perry Road opposite Sainsbury's is not as good as the one on the other side of the road next to the car park, and that is people. People are different in one shop to another and different from one branch of the same company to another, it is human nature that some are arrogant pricks and others so nice you could hug them. At least when you have a choice you can go elsewhere.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

Page 62 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast