1. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Guys, thanks to all for your contributions to this thread.

I've just emailed my local dealer (the used car manager at Citygate Chalfont) with pictures stating that i want to make a warranty claim about the corrosion on the front wheel arches on my 2003 (52 plate) 1.9 TDI Sport Passat Avant. I asked for an apointment time when I can bring the vehicle in to be checked out and then repaired under the warranty.

Will see what they come back with and let you know. If they are not positive I'll escalate it to customer services and try that route. Anyone dealt with Citygate Chalfont with regards to this matter? Thanks again.

0 0 0

2. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've just had a call from the bodyshop manager at citygate chalfont, saying that the warranty on the front wings is not covered by the bodywork warranty, as it was caused by a non-bodywork problem, which was covered for 3 years by the general 'something' warranty. He said that VW did have a goodwill gesture for this specific problem that lasts for 10 years from manufacture, but as my car was made in Jan 2003, it's just outside of that.

Does that sound like b@##@cks to you?

He did advise me to call customer services if I wanted to take it any further. Which I intend to do.

0 0 0

3. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Ross - this is the SOP ( standard operational procedure) for them.....he's talking about the 3 year paint warranty.

What caused the issue is the foam padding installed at the factory in the inner arch, it soaks up water / moisture and rusts through from the inside.....nothing you can do about it.

DO re read through this thread and print off the TSB posted here many times and stand your ground, fight your corner on this.

To reiterate.....You're NOT claiming anything under Goodwill and are not asking for anything you're not due. All you want is for them to stand by their warranty, no more, no LESS.

Good luck and hope to hear....

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

2 0 0

4. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross24 View Post
    I've just had a call from the bodyshop manager at citygate chalfont, saying that the warranty on the front wings is not covered by the bodywork warranty, as it was caused by a non-bodywork problem, which was covered for 3 years by the general 'something' warranty. He said that VW did have a goodwill gesture for this specific problem that lasts for 10 years from manufacture, but as my car was made in Jan 2003, it's just outside of that.

Does that sound like b@##@cks to you?

He did advise me to call customer services if I wanted to take it any further. Which I intend to do.

try wayside vw in aylesbury...they were very helpfull...much better than their other branch in towcester.
    Audi A6 2.8 quattro avant.... as dead as a dead thing now
    now messing about in a mk4 2.0 golf gti..
    thats gone...now into an 03 passat 2.0 sport

0 0 0

5. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Don't bother any further with the Dealer. His info is incorrect. You are claiming on the 12-year bodywork Warranty NOT any Goodwill contribution!!! Do read all the posting that I and others have made through the Forums. You are to claim a 100% contribution NO LESS, that will include a courtesy car. Read also my posting about Motorcodes and how they can help too.
    Don't stand any nonsense, Contact VW Customer Service, register your claim and most importantly obtain a reference number and the names of all you speak to with times and dates. Regards, Paul

-----Original Message-----
    From: VW AUDI Forum - VWAF [mailto:stuart@vwaudiforum.co.uk]
    Sent: 15 March 2013 11:50
    To: pv.hodgkiss@btinternet.com
    Subject: Reply to thread 'Please Help front wing corrosion'

1 0 0

6. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    Ross - this is the SOP ( standard operational procedure) for them.....he's talking about the 3 year paint warranty.

What caused the issue is the foam padding installed at the factory in the inner arch, it soaks up water / moisture and rusts through from the inside.....nothing you can do about it.

DO re read through this thread and print off the TSB posted here many times and stand your ground, fight your corner on this.

To reiterate.....You're NOT claiming anything under Goodwill and are not asking for anything you're not due. All you want is for them to stand by their warranty, no more, no LESS.

Good luck and hope to hear....

Hi all,
    good to see this thread is continuing to help many others, as are the similar posts on other forums.

I have received, probably as had Chipped2 I imagine, many emails from members and non members alike who have seen this post asking for advice, and am happy to help where & if I can.

The best advice I can give is to read through Chipped's posts and mine.......Read and re read them, print them off as necessary and use the details within as your guide on how to proceed.

They will offer 50% goodwill ( as they did to me and others more recently almost immediately )....They may up this to 70% as their FINAL offer later.....
    Stick with it right to the end and you will win out and get the 100% FREE fix you deserve and are entitled too.

They may still call it "goodwill" as the ydid with me in the end, but, if you're getting your car issues fixed do you really care what they call it?

NOTE - For the benefit of those that follow with this issue.....PLEASE POST INTO THIS THREAD

Thanks & Good luck

LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

0 0 0

7. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just a thought...... as I take my A4 to be checked over for a warranty claim for the front wings in year 11 of the warranty, but has anyone tried taking VAG to the small claims court when they refuse service / payment? I imagine the publicity surrounding losing a case like that would most likely result in a prompt positive result for the claimant.

0 0 0

8. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have had this problem on my 2003 Passat for a while now , only issue is that that wing has been resprayed as part of a repair that was done to the car, just to blend in the paint. It was not done by VW but by whoever my insurers use , details I can dig out.

Now I know that most claims are rejected etc but do you think this issue will kill any chance i ever had ?

0 0 0

9. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    In short, yes I'm afraid.

Any attempt to stop / fix or resolve the issue yourself in any way will invalidate your claim

0 0 0

10. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hello everyone! I've been reading a lot about the 12 years paint warranty. I took my car to Coventry Listers today to have my front wings and tailgate checked. They took some pics and told me they'd give me a call. But, I was told that if they replace my tailgate and the glass gets broken in the process, I would be liable to replace it??? Is that correct? Thanx for any replies. Big thanx to chipped2 and JimC64.

0 0 0

Page 24 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast