1. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well said Jim. I am sure you will get the result you are expecting. As others have said I think its down to how hard you want to fight them.
    VW Passat 130 TDI on a 54 Plate.

0 0 0

2. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks Bri......dunno if I'm that confident but trust me, it will not be for the lack of trying / pushing / asking.
    In in sales so a NO to me doesn't necessarily mean no, but ask again, try a different approach, overcome the objection and get a yes............doesn't always work but more often than not I get what I want.

I may do some more serious research and visit ALL VW forums and start to generate a list of ALL known examples from the whole model range in ALL Countries..............Now that would be something!!
    Break it down into models, models by Countries and then further by those who have been offered goodwill and those with a 100% fix........I know even a list like that wouldn't include many thousands who either don't know of the issue or haven't joined a forum or posted about the problem, but still, what a list that would be!!!!
    Dependent on numbers, it could be worth getting "Watchdog" involved...........

Who knows where this will end?

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

0 0 0

3. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    UPDATE - Ok, so I had Roxanne on from VW in Leeds today re my email as sent to them on the 17th in which I thanked them for their 70% Goodwill offer but wanted to claim under the 12 year anti perforation warranty.

According to Roxanne the 12 year anti perforation warranty isn't relevant and its the 3 year warranty I'm looking at but obviously this has expired!!!
    Hmmm don't think we're speaking the same language here....They're still not listening!!

Body protection warranty

All current Volkswagen vehicles are fully protected during manufacture against through corrosion for 12 years from the date of first registration (6 years for the Sharan models).
    The only preconditions are:
    • The defect must be reported to a member of the Volkswagen Authorised Network as soon as it is discovered and within the warranty period.
    • The perforation must not have been caused originally by damage, neglect, insufficient care or maintenance or by external rusting.
    • A member of the Volkswagen Authorised Network must be advised about any rusting as soon as it is found.
    • All body repairs will be carried out promptly in accordance with the manufacturer's specification and procedures, using only approved parts and materials, so the original level of anti-corrosion protection is maintained.
    I've checked and a small claims court case can be initiated for £65

I also believe that I'm fully in the right here and as it stands and VW have stood by the retailer and agreed with them to only pay for 70% under goodwill I'm furious......I don't like to be taken for a ride and feel that I may have to go down that route.
    If this is the case its something I need to do sooner rather than later.

Typically, If I do something I try to make sure I give it 100% and this is no different.
    I'm seriously considering contacting all who have posted into this thread and other Passat owners on the forum re this issue, as well as the same on all other VW forums I can find.
    The reasoning - to get as much info as possible, to be as fully armed as can be and take the fight to them on behalf of all, hopefully setting a precedent, so that no one else has to go through this c rap.

I'm further considering contacting BBC's Watchdog as perhaps should have been done some time ago by others to make them aware and see if they'll take up the fight and perhaps air the case.
    I'll be aiming to get as much publicity for this as possible and hopefully others who have suffered and some who may be still going through this issue will stand and be counted as well.

LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

1 0 0

4. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I do not understand why VW keep going on about the 3 year warranty as this part has not failed. It was incorrectly fitted/badly designed in the first place. If this part was fitted/designed correctly it would not have chafed through the paint work.
    VW Passat 130 TDI on a 54 Plate.

0 0 0

5. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Agreed 100% Brian....

Well, I've just been onto another few forums and the problem is as widespread as you think.....probably much more so. In fact I wonder how many VW owners are out there driving around with cars with rusty front wings who don't know?

Well, as VW have decided to mess me about, I've decided to make it my mission to make as many people aware about it as possible, hoping that the outcome will be of course, that all owners get what they should have got from new............rust free cars!

Below pics of the car to show the corrosion issue and a couple of wider scoped shots to show she's in pretty nice condition generally apart from this.

Last edited by JimC64; 29-05-2012 at 12:55 AM.

0 0 0

6. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Does anyone anywhere have the tech bulletin that relates to the Passat??

I've found the version for the Golf and also for the Jetta, but can't find the Passat one anywere???
    Last edited by JimC64; 24-05-2012 at 06:07 PM.

0 0 0

7. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Does anyone anywhere have the tech bulletin that relates to the Passat??

I've found the version for the Golf and also for the Jetta, but can't find the Passat one anywere???

Also I must say, a Huge "Thank you" to those that replied to me via either my email or by pm with the info I requested........much appreciated

Update >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'm still in the process of gathering as much info as possible and intend to go down the route of the small claims court procedure. You can initiate this process for £65
    Please see below documents outlining whats necessary etc

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/ ... ims-court/

This needs to be as public as possible as VW are really taking liberties with owners on this issue. As we know there are no set pre conditions for the warranty in place such as FVWSH being required etc, yet they seem to award 100% when they feel like it to some, and others are offered anywhere between 30% & 70% "Goodwill"

Anyone who has not replied to me can reach me either via pm or via my email jim@campbellraith.freeserve.co.uk giving details of Car / registration / issues / contact with VW and outcome if any

It all goes into the pot to try and make them stand up to their responsibilities.

Thanks
    Last edited by JimC64; 30-05-2012 at 12:48 PM.

1 0 0

8. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    UPDATE>>>>>>>>>>

I called VW today say that its been 14 days since my last contact when they offered 70% contribution, and had they had a chance to reconsider their position?
    The answer was NO as there was nothing to reconsider and the 70% Goodwill offer remained final.

I replied that I had raised an action with Motorcodes
    Motorcodes - 71 Great Peter street London SW1P 2BN 0800 692 0825
    www.motorcodes.co.uk

Motorcodes advised that I would have to get the car inspected by an independent assessor 01543 266906 to help my case.

I said to my case manager in VW that I was disgusted at VW's response, especially as they had recently suffered from the injector recall, and the DSG issue in China
    http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&ved =0CB4QqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.carnewschina.com %2F2012%2F05%2F31%2Fchinese-car-buyers-complain-about-dsg-volkswagen-extends-warranty%2F&ei=SZrIT_G6POK90QW3v5TsAQ&usg=AFQjCNE7 HClo6l0daRwOo_r1dYRSf0h5xw&sig2=KAQFgrprKAWibyuMT5 nlvg

and that I fully intended to pursue this matter until the end.
    I had taken legal advice from the CAB and would be sending them a letter to their registered address
    VW Customer care
    Volkswagen passenger cars
    Selectapost 12
    Sheffield S97 3ZU

I was informed that this was unnecessary, but I said it would be done simply to comply with legal requirements anyway and also that Milton Keynes and Motorcodes would be copied in on it.

I also stated that I would ensure that the matter would receive as much publicity as possible in my fight to make VW stand up to their warranty offered when the car was new.

Around 15 minutes later I received a call from VW stating that they have contacted the bodyshop and reviewed my situation and find that they can indeed offer 100% contribution with a courtesy car and its booked in next week

To summarise -

Its taken approximately the following to get to where I'm at

40+ hours trawling the various forums
    A download of the tech bulletin as issues 06th Nov 2009
    Around a dozen phone calls to the bodyshop
    A 70 mile round trip to the bodyshop
    various pictures and videos of the car and corrosion
    Around a dozen emails back n forth via the bodyshop and also to VW
    Several phone calls to VW
    Various phone calls / research with various bodyshops to get estimates
    Dozens of pm's / emails to individuals like yourself to get as much info as possible
    Call to Motorcodes and a discussion to raise a claim with them
    research into possible necessary legal action through the Scottish small claims courts

In all honesty I can't even begin to put a figure on the time involved, costs of phone calls / emails etc etc etc to get to where I'm at.

Conclusion - Although the conclusion is a satisfactory one and the car will be repaired as per the 12 year warranty in the end, whether VW call it goodwill or not and with that, of course I'm happy and 100% relieved.

As to the time and effort put in to get to where I'm at? I'm disgusted that VW make their customers jump through so many hoops and demand that pressures n stresses be placed on them to get to this point.
    My gut feeling is that not everyone has the patience / determination / whyforall and whereforall to go the distance.............personally, I don't blame them.

When I get into this mode it becomes all consuming and I get very passionate about whatever it is and see it through no matter what.
    In all honesty, I think that VW will win far more than they lose due to these factors.

Thank you to all here who have helped and especially to chipped3

1 0 0

9. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well done! As a now satisfied new front wings person, I wonder how many cases of corrosion on the front wings VW have received and the number that, like yours and mine, were eventually settled. Mine seemed to be weighed by the number of Passats I had owned!

JOhn Fry

0 0 0

10. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Awesome

Nice motor

I Have the same issue with corrosion so my turn next..

1 0 0

Page 15 of 75 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast