0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caldirun View Post
    I received this reply to my email,

Hi John

With reference to your VW passat with corrosion on the front wings, If you can call down with the vehicle so I can take some photos & paint depth readings, I can then submit a claim to VW warranty for you.

You don't need an appointment for us to view the vehicle just call in in any day Monday-Friday between 8am & 5.30pm

Many Thanks

A good result, will take the car in asap.
    I took the car in on Friday, the bloke measured the paint thickness, 100 (microns?) over all the body and doors, 200 on my rusty wing, fell at the 2nd fence, just my luck.

0 0 0

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Does that mean the wings have been painted after the car has left the factory ?¿ Or what ?

0 0 0

3. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    What bad luck but at least you seem to have got on the ladder! It is always possible that the car received damage in transit to dealer and was repaired before being sold? I suppose any repairs should be logged on the vehicle log book otherwise there is no proof. Bad luck.

0 0 0

4. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Does that mean the wings have been painted after the car has left the factory ?¿ Or what ?

It does to the VAG bodyshop and unless I can prove the robot REALLY liked that wing when it painted it I am sunk!

0 0 0

5. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chipped3 View Post
    What bad luck but at least you seem to have got on the ladder! It is always possible that the car received damage in transit to dealer and was repaired before being sold? I suppose any repairs should be logged on the vehicle log book otherwise there is no proof. Bad luck.
    Its not as bad as it seems, I have 2 brothers in law with paintshops so if I can get a wing at a reasonable price and fit it, the 100 microns on top should be no problem.

0 0 0

6. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Elcome View Post
    I had a call yesterday from the dealers, albeit after having chased them 6 times during the past month since I took it in for inspection. The end result is that VW have pulled the usual stunt and stated that its not a corrosion problem, but a mechanical one caused by the under shield, but they have magnanimously decided to pay 70% of the repair cost as a goodwill gesture.

I expected my claim to be thrown out initially, as the vehicle hasn't been into a dealers since I bought it 6 years ago, because I do all my own servicing and maintenance, so I was pleased that it wasn't, but if as they state its not a corrosion problem, then why offer anything, other than they know full well they have a problem and think this will lessen their guilt!!
    Well I got the car back yesterday with 2 new shiny wings fitted. I think the guy was a bit taken back when I asked for all the warranty reference numbers. Basically since starting this claim process I have bought another Passat, but decided to sell this one privately rather than accept a greatly reduced trade in price because of the wings. In order to get the thing fixed and sold ASAP, i decided to pay the 30% contribution and then pursue VW for this amount rather than have it drag on for months with me paying tax & insurance on 2 vehicles.

I have to say that they have done a superb job on the car, I am hyper critical of anything like this!! So if anyone wants a Passat B5 WITHOUT corroded front wings, then I'm your man!!

0 0 0

7. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Dave,

Pleased that your car has been repaired well and that you are going to claim the 30% back from VW. Assume the dealer didn't get you to sign away any rights to any further claims?

What price are you looking for on the B5? I'm presently trying to source parts for my daughters B4 TDi Estate for its MOT. It may pay her to buy a later model. Can you send me a picture? Regards Paul

0 0 0

8. Re: Possible ( future ) front wing corrosion problem?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Called today to speak to the bodyshop re my claim.
    I started the claim on the 7th April and its now the 7th May.........I've called twice in between to chase it up and been given the run around,so and so's on holiday and the guy thats dealing with it has had a bereavement so I played it cool.
    Got hold of the guy I needed to speak to today and pushed a little harder..............waiting for a call tomorrow with an update.

If there's anything to tell I'll post it up

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

1 0 0

9. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    An update to my Polo rusty wing. After I hit a dead end with Customer Services and the dealer wouldn't take anything off the £170 30% contribution cost I asked Customer Services who at the Dealer had refused my Warranty claim. I was given the name of the Aftersales Manager and by ringing the dealer got his email address. I emailed him detailing my case and how I was not claiming a good will gesture but under warranty and expressed my dissatisfaction.

He then did his homework and a week later emailed details of the warranty conditions that cars are sold with and how this wasn't a warrenty issue. He then quoted the bodyshop managers findings that the wing wasn't original and no good will gesture should of been offered and advised me to accept the offer which would expire at the end of May. The interesting this is the email said the estimated cost to me was less than i'd been quoted originally.

I didn't know the wing wasn't original before I started the case but had to concede they were right so didn't have a leg to stand on. So I bit their arm off and got the wing replaced for a total of £111. Not too bad considering their first quote with 70% good will was going to cost me around £170. Not sure why the price got reduced but saved myself £60 with the continued pestering.

This failure to honour warranties and acknowledge the fault is 100% caused by VW has really left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't see I will ever buy VW again. Good luck to everyone else going through this stressful experience, I hope you win.

While in the dealer I noticed they had as big 'Fixed Price Body Repairs' stand up poster. It says Alloy Wheels from £72, bumpers from £300, Wings from £250, Doors from £330. £250 for a wing is certainly cheaper than the £456 they based my original goodwill 70% offer on. Worth questioning this when they offer you 70% good will on an inflated price.

0 0 0

10. Re: front wing corrosion 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good news despite the hassle you have had.

Your wing in all honesty did look as though it had been repaired and not original as it had more corrosion than the surrounding bodywork and appeared to have been poorly repaired so a pretty good outcome in view of the situation.

0 0 0

Page 13 of 75 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast