1. Question A6 Multitronic problem, gear selector flashing sometimes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can anyone give me some advice on this problem?

Sometimes when I start the car the gear selector on the dash flashes, if I turn the car off for a bit and start it again it will be ok.

This is happening once or twice a week for the last couple of weeks, I've found info on people having the flashing occur everytime and that it's a ECU problem and a nice bill to sort it out

Is this the road my A6 is about to lead me down, it is due it's gearbox oil change soon and was hoping if I had it done it might fix the problem.

Like I say this only happens a couple of times a week, and only when I go to start it for the first time, on the whole it starts up perfect and gears select when needed.

Any suggestions on what to do really appreciated.

The car is an A6 1.9tdi sport 2003.

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 Multitronic problem, gear selector flashing sometimes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yes flashing selectors means an ECU problem. You have to drain the ATF fluid to remove the ECU so if it is going in for that in a few weeks then it might be worth getting it looked at then. Audi main dealers will simply want to replace the unit for a lot of money. It is possible to get the ECU repaired by BBA Reman and others. They send you a reconditioned unit which you then have fitted and then you send your duff one back.

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 Multitronic problem, gear selector flashing sometimes 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iwaters View Post
    Yes flashing selectors means an ECU problem. You have to drain the ATF fluid to remove the ECU so if it is going in for that in a few weeks then it might be worth getting it looked at then. Audi main dealers will simply want to replace the unit for a lot of money. It is possible to get the ECU repaired by BBA Reman and others. They send you a reconditioned unit which you then have fitted and then you send your duff one back.
    Thanks for the advice, I was just wondering if a new oil change would maybe improve things, it's got full Audio Service History, last service November and is a about 2k/3k off being due for a gear box oil change.

It's not happened at all over the weekend or today when I've been out in it, it just happens now and again and turning it off and back on fixes the flashing, or even sometimes flicking it into triptronic mode then back into automatic stops it flashing.

I won't be taking it to Audi to have it fixed anyway, they are an absolute rip off, they quoted me £200+ for a new water pump when I told them the back washer was not working, on further inspection the nozzle was squirting the wrong way, a pin and 5 mins fiddling solved the problem...but they said the water pump had gone, Audi in York that was.

0 0 0