Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by salimshk View Post
    Very useful thread! I have been trying to find this information for the last week and 5 minutes after joining this forum I find the information I was looking for.

I'm selling my BMW 330ci Sport and planning to get a Golf 2.0tdi, if any one is interested let me know.

I wanted to know if it was possible to fit the GTi bumper. If you don't mind me asking how much will this have cost you in the end?

Also, are there any other cosmetic difference between the GTi and TDi?
    hi mate, total cost with it all fitted and genuine bits was £250, mine has headlight washers so the 2 bits of trim each side cost me £38

the GTI has side skirts and a different rear valance, fitting the rear valance will mine getting a different exhaust as the gti one exits thro the valance inside of under it, the gti also has a bigger boot spoiler, the side skirts are easy to fit and there is a guide in the how to bit which i followed and worked a treat, all i will say is use genuine tiger seal, if and when you do this you will understand what i mean, i as yet havent badged mine on the grill, im not gonna put a GTI or GT badge on as mine is a 105 se, have been thinking of just TDI instead as i think the grill looks a little empty without a badge

VCDS HEX+CAN CODE READING AND RECODES

OWN A MK5 GOLF TDI JOIN THE GROUP https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/group.php?groupid=23
    2004 mk5, Viezu 140bhp Re-map, GTI front bumper, side skirts, GTI 18in rep wheels, Jamex coilovers, R32 speedo cluster, MFSW, White Roose Motorsport coolant hose's, GTTDI interior, centre consol armrest and ipod dock, leather handbrake lever

1 0 0

2. Re: GTI Front bumper..... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the quick reply. Thats exactly what I was thinking, putting the GTi bits on it bar the badge. I will probably have a lot more questions once I have actually bought the Golf but this will definitley be the first mod.

0 0 0

3. Re: GTI Front bumper..... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Also, are there any other cosmetic difference between the GTi and TDi?
    Sill covers, rear spoiler, and rear lower valance

Phil what a great thread, I been looking at my stone chipped bumper for a while and thinking a Jetta front end would look great, but expensive mod not needed. Now I can do it without the expense

Have you fitted the front fogs?

Rob

VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0T 2015 - Awesome snow churning 4x4 GTI 😉

0 0 0

4. Re: GTI Front bumper..... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got prices from TPS (but not sure if he took off the local dub club discount till I pick em up)

Didn't get the price for the bumper as I got that of ebay

Jetta parts

n/s grille 1K0853665K9B9 £14.44 + VAT
    o/s grille 1K0853666H9B9 £14.44 + VAT
    centre grille 1K0853677C9B9 £33.07 + VAT
    rad grille 1K5853653C9B9 £48.29 + VAT

you dont get the chrome trims with the rad grille, if you need these the part number is
    1KM898653 £85.39 + VAT

GTI

n/s grille 1K0853665S9B9 £18.59 + VAT
    o/s grille 1K0853666P9B9 £18.59 + VAT
    centre grille 1K0853677B9B9 £27.49 + VAT
    rad grille 1K0853651EVW8 £91.41 + VAT

Late GT TDI

n/s grille 1K0853665AD9B9 £18.59 + VAT
    o/s grille 1K0853666R9B9 £18.59 + VAT
    centre grille 1K0853677C9B9 £ 33.07 + VAT
    rad grille 1K5853651PGRU £159.77 + VAT

lower bumper spoiler for Jetta and GT TDI (dont know GTI)

part number is 1K0805903D9B9 £33.34 + vat

Fogs are also different, seen them on ebay for £0.99 + £20 P&P from china but dont know how good the quality is
    Last edited by Borab0y; 26-08-2010 at 08:33 PM.

Graham
    Still pretending to know stuff.

Golf 6 .:R
    Corrado 20vT - BBS RCs, Leather, Bremo's, TFSI and DSG

1 0 0

5. Re: GTI Front bumper..... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onzarob View Post
    Sill covers, rear spoiler, and rear lower valance

Phil what a great thread, I been looking at my stone chipped bumper for a while and thinking a Jetta front end would look great, but expensive mod not needed. Now I can do it without the expense

Have you fitted the front fogs?

Rob
    hi Rob im waiting for my fogs to arrive, thing is mine hasnt got fogs and ive seen the how to, and it looks a lot of work, so i was gonna fit them and not use them, if that makes any sense lol

if you wanna fit a jetta front end and want a hand i can come down and help mate if you want

OWN A MK5 GOLF TDI JOIN THE GROUP https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/group.php?groupid=23
    2004 mk5, Viezu 140bhp Re-map, GTI front bumper, side skirts, GTI 18in rep wheels, Jamex coilovers, R32 speedo cluster, MFSW, White Roose Motorsport coolant hose's, GTTDI interior, centre consol armrest and ipod dock, leather handbrake lever

0 0 0

6. Re: GTI Front bumper..... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the quick reply. Thats exactly what I was thinking, putting the GTi bits on it bar the badge. I will probably have a lot more questions once I have actually bought the Golf but this will definitley be the first mod.
    yeah mate not a problem if you need any advice or info i will help as best i can bud

0 0 0

7. Re: GTI Front bumper..... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phil miller View Post
    hi Rob im waiting for my fogs to arrive, thing is mine hasnt got fogs and ive seen the how to, and it looks a lot of work, so i was gonna fit them and not use them, if that makes any sense lol

if you wanna fit a jetta front end and want a hand i can come down and help mate if you want
    I wouldn't bother connecting up the fog's I hardly ever turn mine on. As for fitting the bumper, I've changed the Radiator and the bumper it the easy bit

VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0T 2015 - Awesome snow churning 4x4 GTI 😉

0 0 0

8. Re: GTI Front bumper..... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onzarob View Post
    I wouldn't bother connecting up the fog's I hardly ever turn mine on. As for fitting the bumper, I've changed the Radiator and the bumper it the easy bit
    thats what i thought about the fogs, if it hadnt been so much work then id of prob done it

the bumper is a walk in the park and TBH trimming a GTI bumper to fit on to the tdi carrier isnt that hard, and if you do take off to much it doesnt matter that much cos its all covered by the grille

Rob if you needed to have any paint work done i can recommend BPA in launcestion it was them who painted my bumper and they are **** hot, ive known Ben the owner for about 8 yrs and launcestion isnt that far from you (20 miles ish)

0 0 0

9. Re: GTI Front bumper..... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Got the grilles and lower bumper spioler today, then fitted a CupraR splitter.

Have the spots on order

Not 100% sure on the splitter, comments welcome

Graham
    Still pretending to know stuff.

Golf 6 .:R
    Corrado 20vT - BBS RCs, Leather, Bremo's, TFSI and DSG

0 0 0

10. Re: GTI Front bumper..... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    looks good mate, where are you getting the fogs from? ive got mine coming from hong kong in total they cost £17 inc p&p so im sure there gonna be really good quality but i wont be connecting them as i dont have any wiring

0 0 0

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast