Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Guys,

My Girlfriends sister bought a 2nd hand Audi A4 S4 convertible but the roof fails to come down automagically :-(. The roof starts to fold up, boot opens and then it fails and folds down again. I scanned the car with VAG and found the below code:

Address 26: Auto Roof
    Control Module Part Number: 8H0 959 255
    Component and/or Version: VSG B6 CABRIO 6286
    Software Coding: 0000000
    Work Shop Code: WSC 00652
    1 Fault Found:
    02000 - Switch Position
    008 - Implausible Signal

I am new to VAG but looking over the sensors I found the "rear lid contact switch" is always showing closed - is this correct? is this the boot lid where the roof goes or the boot itself?

Any help is much appreciated :-) and thanks for your time in advance.

Mark

0 0 0

2. Re: 02000 - Switch Position, 008 - Implausible Signal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    can anyone help? completed manual reset with no joy.

0 0 0

3. Re: 02000 - Switch Position, 008 - Implausible Signal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,
    Just fixed this very problem on the wifes A4 S-Line Cab. It was the N/S roof lid latch switch. The mech which operates the switch had become trapped and when the lid opened the switch wouldn't change state. Hence the ECU logs an implausible signal because when the lid fully opens the rams operate another switch so surely the lid must be open but the latch says it's shut! So remove the latch and check the switch mech.
    I fixed the latch and hey presto a working roof.

Hope this helps.
    Steve

0 0 0

4. Re: 02000 - Switch Position, 008 - Implausible Signal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Steve,

I noticed the sensor shows as open when I actually open thr boot --should it show open when the lid (where roof goes) is open as well? Is the switch on a hinge? any photos :-D.

Mark

0 0 0

5. Re: 02000 - Switch Position, 008 - Implausible Signal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Mark,
    The switch should show open when the lid is open, and naturally closed when the deck is shut. Does the car grumble that the lid isn't closed when it is? I'd still check the latch switch. On mine someone had shorted the switch out so the car would shut up! The ECU needs to see a change of state that is the critical thing. Software!!!!!! When I found this fault I was so pleased I fixed it in drizzle with the roof half open!! It was worth it. Sorry but I don't have pics.

Steve

0 0 0

6. Re: 02000 - Switch Position, 008 - Implausible Signal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Mark,
    the switch is within the latch. If you open the roof deck lid you'll find the latches just behind the seatbelt uppers. You should be able to operate the drivers side with your finger, and hear it clicking. The passenger side is trickier. If you look into the top of the Pas latch you should see a black lever. Press it down with a screwdriver it should make the switch click. Mine was stuck solid. If this all works OK it's likely you have an open circuit. The latch harness connector is directly behind the seatbelt reel!! Total ball ache as its a rear seat out job.
    Good luck.
    Steve

0 0 0

7. Re: 02000 - Switch Position, 008 - Implausible Signal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi steve,

think the readings i have been lookin at refer to the boot itself :-( as when i open the boot the sensor does show open. What module shows the deck open/close?

Mark

0 0 0

8. Re: 02000 - Switch Position, 008 - Implausible Signal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Check the rear seat belts for damage to the webbing, I have seen them get punched into the rear lid locking holes and cause problems.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: 02000 - Switch Position, 008 - Implausible Signal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Mark,
    The auto roof module shows the decklid switch inputs. I'm pretty sure it's not your boot that's at fault. If it thought the boot was open the roof would not op at all!! I'd open the boot and use the VAG tool to watch the boot switch input, to change it's state push a screwdriver into the latch on the lid to close the latch. It'll open again with the button. It should change state. Have you checked the roof cover latches yet?

Regards,
    Steve

0 0 0

10. Re: 02000 - Switch Position, 008 - Implausible Signal 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello, i have 2003 a4, when i start to take off the roof it only opens until the back hatch opens.fault code 02000 switch positsion, but when i hold the roof from the back while taking it off then it works.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast