1. Re: 1.6 TDI Bluemotion Fuel Economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you're driving it normally then there's definitely something wrong. No idea what, but would the Sale of Goods Act help at all? Something to do with it not being up to spec?

Unless you really thrash it or only drive it around town then I can't see why you're getting less than 50mpg.

I do wonder about some people though- I was behind a newish Golf BMT the other day which was being held on the clutch at every set of lights, slowly going backwards and forwards while waiting for the lights to change (in Bristol everything's on a hill...). I can't see the point of paying £800 for BMT and then not using the Stop-Start!
    2002 Polo 9n 1.2 65PS. Basic but it's better than the train!

0 0 0

2. Re: 1.6 TDI Bluemotion Fuel Economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by plusowner View Post
    Well, I've done around 20,000 miles now, and the figures continue to be consistently unimpressive. They have improved a little over time, at the beginning I was getting 47-48mpg from a tankful and now it's hovering around 51, but it's obviously never going to get near 60mpg (in fact, I don't think I've had a single journey that has exceeded this figure). For the record, my past few tankfuls gave me 50.9, 52.8, 52.1,50.5 and 48.3 (I assume the onset of cold weather was responsible for that!), and that included quite a variety of driving.

The Honest John site was interesting - it did show that some were getting good mileage, but it equally shows that some are only getting what I am, I'm not entirely sure if the site reports the same model either (mine was new in 2010). Oh well, back to VW in the New Year!

Colin
    Hello Colin,

If you want a comparison here are the last 10 tankfuls for my Golf Plus BMT

52.2, 54.3, 53.1, 54.9, 57.5, 55.2, 53.5, 48.8, 53.3, 49.6.

All are full tanks running down to close to empty.

If you want a bit more detail take a look at my Fuelly profile which should be in my signature.
    2010 Golf Plus 1.6TDi SE Bluemotion

0 0 0

3. Re: 1.6 TDI Bluemotion Fuel Economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there, I hope this post is still active.

Thought that I would add my tuppence worth. I have just bought a 1.6 BMT on 65k mileage. I drove from Salisbury to Perth... And then some work commuting between Perth and Stirling. I wimped out to the pump at 786 miles. Trip 1 read 63mpg, and trip 2 read 61 mpg. Calculation at the pump was in fact 64 mpg. Happy I was... However, now on just the work commute, trip 1 struggles to get anywhere near 60, usually 55 is good.

i drive at 60mph and free wheel as much as I can. So even at this level I would expect more from this car.

incidentally, it replaces a 10 year old mk4 that stated 70mpg on the same journey... Although at the pump it was more like 57 at best. So I think that the mk4 computer was optimistic, whilst this new one is a bit pecimistic!

Just today though, I am experiencing erratic rough idle until the engine is fully warmed up... Has anyone got any ideas on this?? I am reading about injector issues :|

Regards,

barney

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_S View Post
    Hello Colin,

If you want a comparison here are the last 10 tankfuls for my Golf Plus BMT

52.2, 54.3, 53.1, 54.9, 57.5, 55.2, 53.5, 48.8, 53.3, 49.6.

All are full tanks running down to close to empty.

If you want a bit more detail take a look at my Fuelly profile which should be in my signature.

0 0 0

4. Re: 1.6 TDI Bluemotion Fuel Economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A quick revisit of this thread. After 25000 miles my overall average is 52.5mpg, with a best tank of 57.9 over 660 miles. I have had a number of tanks where I have managed over 600 miles.

0 0 0

5. Re: 1.6 TDI Bluemotion Fuel Economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Out of interest what tyres are you guys running on?

0 0 0

6. Re: 1.6 TDI Bluemotion Fuel Economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by discobarry View Post
    Out of interest what tyres are you guys running on?
    Mine has 16 inch rims with Continental Conti Premium Contact 2E tyres. The size is 205/55 16 91H.

For winter I have Continental TS830's in 195/65 15.

0 0 0

7. Re: 1.6 TDI Bluemotion Fuel Economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just a quick update on the economy achieved in my car. The last six tankful's have shown a low of 55.7 and a high of 57.9 with an average of 56.9mpg over 3939 miles. It is certainly getting better with more miles on the clock.

0 0 0

8. Re: 1.6 TDI Bluemotion Fuel Economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    hi is this post still active? I have a golf mkVI 1.6 tdi CAYC engine dsg 7 speed from 2012 . and a seat toledo 2013 same 1.6 tdi CAYC engine golf does 37mpg and toledo 48mpg both in town about 90% up until last year august the gof was doing better with 50+mpg does anybody have any ideas what happen ?

0 0 0

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456