1. Re: 1.6 TDI Bluemotion Fuel Economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have golf 1.6 TDI 105 highline i think the engine is the same but not sure...
    well till now about fual economy i see none.. i have around 4000km already, and it consume the same as my old VW Polo 1.4 TDI from 2000 year..
    or maybe more a bit.
    performance i guess is pretty cool... pretty quick 0 -100 and good max speed.

but at fuel. well a full tank gives me around 750-800 km maybe more if i keep the speed on limits :P.

0 0 0

2. Re: 1.6 TDI Bluemotion Fuel Economy 
    daclyn Guest
    Have you checked:-

Tyre Pressures?
    Are Front Tyres Scrubbing?
    Is Hand brake Completely Off? Can you move car easily on the flat?
    Quality of Diesel?
    Do you Run with A/C all of the time?
    Windows open? (more drag)

Regards

(Golf MK5 1.9tdi 105bhp approx 55/60mpg)
    Previous Car Passat 1.9tdi 130bhp very good mpg.
    Something be said about Power to Weight Ratio. !.9 just about right)

0 0 0

3. Re: 1.6 TDI Bluemotion Fuel Economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply Daclyn. Yes, I have checked those - the tyre pressure's fine and they look OK. I do run with A/C on for part of most journeys, but on a low setting and just till the moisture clears. The diesel supplier does make 1-3 mpg difference. Basically I've decided to take the advice of SC03OTT and others, and wait till I've done a few thousand more miles and then re-visit the issue with VW then (or hopefully not, if it improves).

Regards,
    Colin

0 0 0

4. Re: 1.6 TDI Bluemotion Fuel Economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have just bought a 2005 Golf Plus 2.0 TDi DSG and I'm averaging around 55 mpg with over 60 when driven gently, so yours does sound low. Driving style does affect it a lot - I use cruise control, turn off the AC except for demisting and the DSG generally keeps it in 6th all the time.

0 0 0

5. Re: 1.6 TDI Bluemotion Fuel Economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply Radiccio. I'm still getting low mileage, so I'll take it up again with VW in the new year.

Happy Christmas to all

0 0 0

6. Re: 1.6 TDI Bluemotion Fuel Economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I bought a used 2010 1.6TDI SE Bluemotion last month, which had 7200 miles on the clock. The fuel tank was 7/8 full on delivery so I have only just been able to fill it up and put some miles on it before re-filling the tank and then working out the consumption. Over 408 miles of mixed driving it averaged 47.3MPG. The computer was showing an average of 48.4. This is nowhere near the official figures and only an improvement of 3-4 mpg over my old Meriva 1.7CDTi, so I am a bit underwhelmed at the moment.

The tyre pressures are correct, I haven't used the A/C and I am a smooth driver who reads the road well. The last tankful was on Shell diesel. I will be keeping an eye on the consumption to see if there is an improvement in the future, and I hope there is.

0 0 0

7. Re: 1.6 TDI Bluemotion Fuel Economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's pretty much exactly my experience too, Bob_S. I've got over 9,000 miles on the clock now: the overall average is 48.2 mpg and I've only twice got 600 miles out of a full tank, and getting 50mpg is a rarity. "Underwhelmed" describes my thoughts perfectly. It's nearly due for a service, I'll bring it up with Shell again when I take it in.

Let us know how it goes.

0 0 0

8. Re: 1.6 TDI Bluemotion Fuel Economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Now that I've been using my Golf Plus 2.0 TDi for more short trips in and around London, the average has dropped to 48 m.p.g. although I still see more than 50 on a long trip.

0 0 0

9. Re: 1.6 TDI Bluemotion Fuel Economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Radiccio,

Are you getting your figures from the trip computer or are they based on the old fashioned way of mileage divided by gallons put in the tank when filling to the brim?

0 0 0

10. Re: 1.6 TDI Bluemotion Fuel Economy 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by plusowner View Post
    That's pretty much exactly my experience too, Bob_S. I've got over 9,000 miles on the clock now: the overall average is 48.2 mpg and I've only twice got 600 miles out of a full tank, and getting 50mpg is a rarity. "Underwhelmed" describes my thoughts perfectly. It's nearly due for a service, I'll bring it up with Shell again when I take it in.

Let us know how it goes.

I am 400 miles into my current tank of fuel and so far I am gettling slightly better mileage than the previous tank. The computer is showing 49.2 mpg overall and on a 150 mile round trip to Ipswich at the weekend the car averaged 52 mpg on the outward journey and 54 mpg on the return leg (according to the computer). It also managed an extra 30 miles before showing half full on the fuel gauge compared to the first tankful (350 miles versus 320).

I will see how it goes when I fill it up, which won't be very long.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast