Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hiya,

My A4 1.8t S Line 190 has now hit 69k miles. One of the belts closest to the radiator has started to squeal. So i think its due its Cambelt service.

Is there anything else I should be aware of that needs to be changed at the same time. I've been getting prices for between £410 and £465. This includes cam belt change, tensioners and waterpump.
    04 A4 1.8T S-Line Multitronic (190bhp)

0 0 0

2. Re: Cambelt/Waterpump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As you're probably aware Audi offer fixed pricing for certain items and the cambelt is £349 although that doesn't include the water pump. I had mine done at my local Audi dealer and it came to £437 with the water pump included and so your quotes so far sound in the right ball park.

I believe that you get a two year guarantee if you have it done by Audi. Give them a bit of notice and you might also be able to get a courtesy car for the day as well which can be good fun and slightly softens the pain of the repair bill!

http://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/se...servicing.html

1 0 0

3. Re: Cambelt/Waterpump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    For a 1.8T 190, the cost of an Audi Dealer cambelt change is £275 inc. with waterpump another £30. See http://www.audicambelt.co.uk/files/cambelt_a4.php for more details.
    --
    04 A4 1.8
    T S-Line Multitronic (190bhp)
    Misano Red - Factory RS6 18" Alloys - Rear Folding Seats - Park Distance Control - Private Number Plate

1 0 0

4. Re: Cambelt/Waterpump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    For a 1.8T 190, the cost of an Audi Dealer cambelt change is £275 inc. with waterpump another £30. See http://www.audicambelt.co.uk/files/cambelt_a4.php for more details.
    That's a good price for an Audi main dealer but presumably it involves driving all the way to Staffordshire? Depending on which part of London you live you must be talking at least a 300 mile round trip, so £40 to £50 in fuel, immediately reduces the potential saving to about £100. Factor in a day off work and hours kicking your heels in Stafford and it's surely more convenient to have it done locally?

0 0 0

5. Re: Cambelt/Waterpump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yep, but some Audi dealers will match other Audi dealer prices. Otherwise, you're right, not worth driving all the way there unless you're passing by (as I was).

Stafford Audi very good though, job took 4 hours and they'll lend you a car or drop you off in town whilst the jobs being done.

@blacksline, whereabouts you based in London? There are some good indy's around who will do the job at a good price.
    --
    04 A4 1.8
    Misano Red - Factory RS6 18" Alloys - Rear Folding Seats - Park Distance Control - Private Number Plate

0 0 0

6. Re: Cambelt/Waterpump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dark Horse - thanks i've seen the Stafford Audi offer. Unfortunatly i am based in East London. I spoke at someone at Audi Chingford - £350 for cambelt, and a further £60 for waterpump.
    I checked with 4rings, they charge £420 for this job. It is a big job, involves taking the whole front of the car off literally. But i have to get it done as I want to get rid of the car. Just not sure how much to put it up for sale for. On Autotrader they go from £7k - 9k. I would be happy to get £7.5k for mine, its got 69k miles, just had major service, and will soon have the cam belt service done.

Do you know any other indys i can try other then 4rings? Btw good idea about price match, i will get on the blower to my local Audi and see what they say tmrw.

AJB - Good point about the 2 yr guarantee, you wont get that with an indy.
    Last edited by blacksline; 08-07-2010 at 08:29 PM. Reason: :)
    04 A4 1.8T S-Line Multitronic (190bhp)

0 0 0

7. Re: Cambelt/Waterpump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Easy job, front does not need to come off, you can do it in situ or loosen the front lock carrier for ease, labour 2 hours INCLUDING WATER PUMP REPLACEMENT
    vag diagnostics, retrofits and general repairs

1 0 0

8. Re: Cambelt/Waterpump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Don't know any indy's in East London, I'm the other side but how about site sponsors Russell Automotive in Kingsbury North London? See https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/f...play.php?f=266 for more details.
    --
    04 A4 1.8

1 0 0

9. Re: Cambelt/Waterpump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a8 tech View Post
    Easy job, front does not need to come off, you can do it in situ or loosen the front lock carrier for ease, labour 2 hours INCLUDING WATER PUMP REPLACEMENT
    Any details on the procedure here please, A8tech?
    A4 B6 S-line, 90k miles

0 0 0

10. Re: Cambelt/Waterpump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Anyone in reach of Adams24 -Chris -in N.London ought to get in touch .He does a great job good price

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast