Notices

User Tag List

Thread: S line suspension ride height.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. S line suspension ride height. 
    Bratty Guest
    Anyone got access to ETKA or in fact know what are the Physical differences that allow Audi s line suspension to obtain the 10mm difference in ride height?

Is it just shortened springs or are the mountings on the dampers different?

Dunk

0 0 0

2. Re: S line suspension ride height. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Looking at Etka it becoems obvious that there's more than just two or three choices.

Just looking at the fron there's :

Front :
    14 coil springs for non sports
    14 others for sports
    14 different shock absorbers

Rear:
    9 different shock absorbers
    39 different coil springs !!!

I can't even find the dynamic suspension parts. I'm sure it's me and not the tool!
    MY2010 A4 Avant 2.0 TFSI quattro S-line Exec - Aruba Blue, 19" alloys, Full Leather, B & O, 3G Tech Pack, Adaptive Lights, Dynamic Susp, Folding Mirrors, Power tailgate, Storage/Light Packs, Parking Plus, Heated Seats, Rear Blinds, Load Rails, Privacy Glass, Rear Airbags, TPMS, Load Liner

Gone : 09 A4 Avant, B6 S4, TT, Golf GTi...and the rest are embarassing!

0 0 0

3. Re: S line suspension ride height. 
    Bratty Guest
    Yep Cheers Scotty, but I was just wondering when the punter turns up and orders their car and they have the minus 20mm S Line and they decide to go for the minus 30mm, what is involved?? i know that when my dealership "THOUGHT" they had mucked-up my order that they quoted just over 600 pounds to rectify from 20-30mm, to me, that is springs?

Dunk

0 0 0

4. Re: S line suspension ride height. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I'd have thought springs and then a couple of hours labour (along with the full alignment) which scarily does add up to that sort of money!
    MY2010 A4 Avant 2.0 TFSI quattro S-line Exec - Aruba Blue, 19" alloys, Full Leather, B & O, 3G Tech Pack, Adaptive Lights, Dynamic Susp, Folding Mirrors, Power tailgate, Storage/Light Packs, Parking Plus, Heated Seats, Rear Blinds, Load Rails, Privacy Glass, Rear Airbags, TPMS, Load Liner

Gone : 09 A4 Avant, B6 S4, TT, Golf GTi...and the rest are embarassing!

0 0 0

5. Re: S line suspension ride height. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratty View Post
    Anyone got access to ETKA or in fact know what are the Physical differences that allow Audi s line suspension to obtain the 10mm difference in ride height?

Is it just shortened springs or are the mountings on the dampers different?

Dunk
    Springs are the same. Shock absorbers and some parts around them (buffers) are different. BTW codes are - 1BE for "regular" (-20mm) sport suspension and 1BV for S-line (-30mm). You can check you order to find out whether it is 1BE or 1BV.

0 0 0

6. Re: S line suspension ride height. 
    Bratty Guest
    So? If the springs are the same and it is just the mounting points that are in a different position, then theoretically the ride comfort on 1BE and 1BV suspension (with the same wheel/tyre combo) must be the same.

Or Not

Dunk

0 0 0

7. Re: S line suspension ride height. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Read carefully - shock absorbers are different.

0 0 0

8. Re: S line suspension ride height. 
    Bratty Guest
    So, spent time reading carefully! Shock Absorbers (or dampers if you prefer!) are different!!?!!

Are they a different rating? or perhaps a different colour? or perhaps its just that the spring mount is further down the body?

Dunk

0 0 0

9. Re: S line suspension ride height. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think dampers are:

1. Shorter. Lower spring mount on damper is farther from the body than on other suspensions, which makes the body sit lower.

2. Harder, which makes the ride less comfortable but allows more aggressive driving.

0 0 0

10. Re: S line suspension ride height. 
    Bratty Guest
    The reason I ask is that "Very Often" forum members ask wether the 1BV suspension is too hard when they are trying to configure their cars, so if the damper rating was the same! then it would make the choice easier? as it would only be the look of the car (as opposed to having the equivelant of a slammed 17 year olds citroen saxso potentially on order).

My 1BV (-30mm suspension) is not at all hard or uncomfortable IMO, and if I had to criticise anything on this theme, it would be that the s line seats ARE firm (Not Really Surprisingly!!), and would wonder that, if peeps are roadtesting s line sports suspension versions back to back are the seats the same style.(any A4 in Europe (except the super-efficient model as it comes with 1BE ONLY!) can be ordered with the 1BV and 1BE suspension)

Dunk

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast