Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Throttle Body For Polo 1.4 16V (AFH)

1. Exclamation Throttle Body For Polo 1.4 16V (AFH) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

I may need a throttle body for my AFH as the idle hunts between 1 & 2,ooo revs.

The part no for my vehicle is 036 133 064C, however I can get my hands on a 036 133 064 E which fits the later AFH engines.

Can anyone tell me if the later 064E will fit my engine and what the difference is between the two?

Crasher....somebody help please?
    0 0 0

2. Re: Throttle Body For Polo 1.4 16V (AFH) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    036 133 064 C is for cars up to around chassis number wvwzzz6NzWY105000, so around September 1997 production (not registration). 036 133 064 C is VDO 408 237 111 001Z and 036 133 064 E is VDO 408 237 111 011Z so I don’t think they are interchangeable. I have found this throttle body to be one of the most unreliable of all those used by VAG.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 0 0

3. Re: Throttle Body For Polo 1.4 16V (AFH) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, the car's at a garage & they carried out a diagnostics check concluding the throttle body needed replacing as it was not showing the correct voltages. So fitted the new throttle body & it's still not idling properly. It's doing exactly the same thing, hunting between 1 & 2000 revs. They also found 3 cracked pipes that may cause a vacuum leak & replaced them. This has not made any diffrence either.

Don't know what may be wrong as so far replaced the coolant temp sender & a new throttle body with no luck!

The strange thing is that he was unable to adapt the new throttle body as it is not accepting the 'basic setting'.

Can anyone shed any light please?
    0 0 0

4. Re: Throttle Body For Polo 1.4 16V (AFH) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Do you know what group number he was using, 001, 060 or 098? There should be no problem adapting the throttle, this is where the problem lies. What fault code is he getting?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Throttle Body For Polo 1.4 16V (AFH) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Crasher,

He says he is unable to Adapt it through Group '001' and getting no fault codes either.

Thanks
    0 0 0

6. Re: Throttle Body For Polo 1.4 16V (AFH) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Well it should do, 001 is the correct group for a 97 AFH. If it will not adapt, it must be giving a fault code. Tell him to go into Adaptation 10, group 00, read, save and then try it again.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Throttle Body For Polo 1.4 16V (AFH) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, I've asked him to try the above...
    0 0 0

8. Re: Throttle Body For Polo 1.4 16V (AFH) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Crasher,

I actually had it booked in at C & R on Tuesday, but they managed to find the fault on Saturday.

It turned out to be a bad contact on the earthing cable that was corroded which sits close where the ECU is.

It still has very slight signs of unstable idle, but I'm going to monitor it & see how it goes.

Thanks for you help on this!
    0 0 0

9. Re: Throttle Body For Polo 1.4 16V (AFH) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hello , isntead of starting a new thread i thought i would use this one...
    I have a VW Polo 6N1 1.4 16v code:AFH that uses one timing belt not two...
    Its registred february 1997 so production must have been 96.?
    Chassis:WVWZZZ6NZVY143524

The car needs a new Throttle body but i dont know what is the right reference for my car, the faulty VDO tbi fitted to the car at the moment is 036133064C but i see some paint marks that suggests that this tbi may have come from a junk yard ,and the previous owner may have bought the wrong unit since theres also a 036133064E and 036133064J for this model
    Can someone please with the car information above can say for sure the right reference that i need?
    I intend to buy a brand new VDO tbi , so far in the shops ive asked e get mixed opinions + im not buying it local but from a site in germany dont want to wast the Money on a wrong part...

Many thanks
    0 0 0

10. Re: Throttle Body For Polo 1.4 16V (AFH) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    No, not a good idea dragging up an eight year old thread, please start a new one.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0