1. Re: A/C compressor pulley/plate and bolt 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    The fuel sender can wait its no big deal,I think mine needs a regas,I'm waiting for a mate to come back off hols to do it ,don't want to pay full price and like you still no cold air.whats the pipes feel like where they go through the bulkhead?are they cold,do the vents blow cold air when you start the car from cold,just thinking whether one of your flap motors are sticking just a few thoughts to digest and think about.

0 0 0

2. Re: A/C compressor pulley/plate and bolt 
    tony-1977 Guest
    The air is hot when the climate control temp is increased, and "lukewarm" when on "LO" and the flaps can be heard to be moving. Just no rad fan or compressor. The pipes, where they enter the bulkhead are not ice cold, just "normal".

Fuses are OK, beginning to think a relay, as there's no click when I turn the CC on. But no idea which relay it is! Nothing in owners handbook!

Tearing my hair out now! (what's left of it!)

0 0 0

3. Re: A/C compressor pulley/plate and bolt 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Think I'm in the same boat as you Tony!!

Air con was working fine, then nothing!! Re-gased, vacuum checked, no faults logged, fuses fine.

I replaced the G65 pressure sensor, still nothing. took the under tray off. With the engine running, the pulley turns with the centre part remaining still. I can see the end of the centre shaft with slines on it. I've checked the power and I get 9.6 volts to the plug ontop of the compressor.

Has anyone got a pic of the pulley on the compressor, not sure if you should be able to see the splines on the shaft as most compressor pics I've seen seem to have a plate on the end. Mine has a hole in the middle with the shaft with splines on. I noticed a member said their Dad's end plate fell, just wondering if its this!?

Any pics of the compressor on an A4 anyone?
    A4 Avant 1.9 TDi160 for when the weather is on the damp side - Sold after 9yrs. Now A5 3.0TDI Q Sport Coupe (310bhp/480ft/lbs - Yamaha R6 for when its dry and want some 'High octane Petrol' fun.

0 0 0

4. Re: A/C compressor pulley/plate and bolt 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hmmm, just checked the graphic of the compressor in the PDF posted on the 1st page of this thread, if thats how its supposed to look then I think mine is missing the centre plate!?!!? Wonder if it is the case and whether this can be bought as a seperate item!?!?

Doh!
    A4 Avant 1.9 TDi160 for when the weather is on the damp side - Sold after 9yrs. Now A5 3.0TDI Q Sport Coupe (310bhp/480ft/lbs - Yamaha R6 for when its dry and want some 'High octane Petrol' fun.

0 0 0

5. Re: A/C compressor pulley/plate and bolt 
    tony-1977 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Avant View Post
    Hmmm, just checked the graphic of the compressor in the PDF posted on the 1st page of this thread, if thats how its supposed to look then I think mine is missing the centre plate!?!!? Wonder if it is the case and whether this can be bought as a seperate item!?!?

Doh!
    Could be a good start! Mine still has the centre plate, which spins freely by hand, but does not spin when the CC is on! I've heard the centre plate can come off with time!

How did you access the compressor connection? I can't seem to get to it?? I might try and hard-wire the compressor to the battery to test (with in-line fuse).

Incidentally, did you say there was only 9.6 volts at your compressor? I'm no expert, but should it not be 12?

Does your radiator fan kick in with the CC / AC? Cos mine does not!

Need help chaps!! Don't want to have to pay some one just yet!!

I've also replaced the G65 to no avail.

Dave Avant, if you try and get a pic of the front of your compressor, I'll compare to mine??

Wondering if Crasher would be able to help us here!!!

0 0 0

6. Re: A/C compressor pulley/plate and bolt 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi Tony,

Do you reckon you can get a pic of the front of your pulley? I'll take one of mine!

Mine does look like there is something missing!!

My fan doesn't come on as it only comes on to cool the gas once its been activated and the compressor is the first part in the system to run. The plug is ontop of the compressor. I got to mine from underneath. Not sure what the voltage should be, but when activated it went to 9 volts on my tester.

I do remember now hearing something jangle and knock under the car a bit ago, just thought I'd run over something, but can't remember where it was!!!

0 0 0

7. Re: A/C compressor pulley/plate and bolt 
    tony-1977 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Avant View Post
    Hi Tony,

Do you reckon you can get a pic of the front of your pulley? I'll take one of mine!

Mine does look like there is something missing!!

My fan doesn't come on as it only comes on to cool the gas once its been activated and the compressor is the first part in the system to run. The plug is ontop of the compressor. I got to mine from underneath. Not sure what the voltage should be, but when activated it went to 9 volts on my tester.

I do remember now hearing something jangle and knock under the car a bit ago, just thought I'd run over something, but can't remember where it was!!!
    I've just tried taking a pic, but the only camera I have is my iPhone , and as it has no flash, I can't get anything . Basically, it looks just like the image on page 77 of the PDF file in this thread. can you spin the front of the compressor by hand, not what the pully is attached to, put your finger on the front and it should turn.

I can't get my car high enough off the ground to get right under to get the connector off. If your a fat barsteward like me, it can be difficult . Although I can just see the connector now, just don't wanna pull it off and not be able to get it back on .

The jangle yopu heard could have been the clutch plate on the front of the compressor falling off?? Try turning it by hand. You should see a bolt in the centre of this, which holds it in place. I know someone on here found his sitting on the under-tray!

Gonna invest in a couple of axle stands od raise the front as high as I can to investigate further. The wires feel all in place though .

0 0 0

8. Re: A/C compressor pulley/plate and bolt 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Couldn't get a pic either, not enough room.

Doh, I think I'm 99% sure its fallen off!!!

I have no plate on the front, just a hole with a small shaft in the middle with splines on it and not bolt in the middle, just a small threaded hole in the middle of the shaft!!

Anyone know if this bit can be bought seperately!?!?

Or anyone know an AC place that might have old ones I can nab the pulley plate off?

Why has it taken 7 years to just fall off!!!

0 0 0

9. Re: A/C compressor pulley/plate and bolt 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    try auto air con parts,tel 0845224 0572,also try your local audi you never know its a common problem so they may stock it.see if you can get a pic if you tackle it .

0 0 0

10. Re: A/C compressor pulley/plate and bolt 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nevo View Post
    try auto air con parts,tel 0845224 0572,also try your local audi you never know its a common problem so they may stock it.see if you can get a pic if you tackle it .

Just tried both Audi and air con parts and both had same answer - complete compressor only!!! Bowlocks!!

Need an old knckered compressor me thinks!!

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast