Notices

User Tag List

Thread: v6 tdi, poor starting and lack of low revs power after new diesel injector pump edc, please help

1. v6 tdi, poor starting and lack of low revs power after new diesel injector pump edc, please help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

My beloved 2001 2.5tdi AKN passat died a few weeks ago and after a lot of hassle and money it was the diesel injector pump edc unit that had be fried.

Good news is the edc was repaired by dieselpumprepairs.com and the car now starts and runs.
    Bad news is that where it used to start instantly it now takes a second or 2 of cranking before she fires up,
    when i first got the car back she would stall easily when pulling off unless revved like my granny but this seems to have got a little better but the mpg's have gone down from avg 42mpg to 30mpg?? and she is a little flat when trying to eccelrate at low revs in a higher gear.

It has a psi power box fitted that has been on the car since i bought it 3 years ago and would pull well in 6th at 40mph, now though she doesnt like this anymore and feels it feels like a flat spot is the best way to describe it. I have tried the car with the psi power box disabled and the problem did not change.

When the local garage was trying to find the problem the say they had replaced the lift pump in the tank so i'm wondering if the have disturbed something of got muck in the fuel lines??

VW said they would look at it at a cost of £100 per hour as i did not take it to them, and i think it would cost me much more than i can afford to get her back to the way she used to be.

I'm pretty handy and would appreciate any thoughts and ideas.
    Many thanks
    Last edited by passat v6tdi; 21-06-2010 at 11:19 PM. Reason: more car detail

0 0 0

2. Re: v6 tdi, poor starting and lack of low revs power after new diesel injector pump edc, please help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Does the engine sound quieter/smoother or louder/gruffer than before?
    Maybe it is the injection pump timing.
    Were the cambelts done at the same time?
    Audi A8 - 2015 - 3.0TDI

0 0 0

3. Re: v6 tdi, poor starting and lack of low revs power after new diesel injector pump edc, please help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi
    The engine sounds the same whilst running it does sound a bit rough when starting. the edc repair guys have said that because the pump was not removed only the edc that this repair should be plug and play.
    The pump timing is only affected when the pump has been removed.
    Thanks
    Matt

0 0 0