Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Does a cutomer get a copy of the PDI?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Does a cutomer get a copy of the PDI? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello everyone.

My dealer called yesterday saying that my car (Golf Mk6 Match 2.0 140PS) has arrived in Grimsby and will be with them tomorrow (Friday). I will arrange with them to collect sometime next week.

My question is does the customer receive a copy of the PDI?

Regards,
    Darren

0 0 0

2. Re: Does a cutomer get a copy of the PDI? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think the PDI is no longer a paper form - i think its completed via the workshop computers. Thats not to say you can't get a printout, but if a customer were to request it they're hardly likely to do anything different work wise anyway. Gone are the days of many adjustments - these days its removing packaging, changing tyre pressures, check fluid levels, check diagnostic for faults and then valet.

2010 Golf Mk6 TDI105 SE - now departed, replaced with A3 Sportback

1 0 0

3. Re: Does a cutomer get a copy of the PDI? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwsugden View Post
    My question is does the customer receive a copy of the PDI?
    The PDI confirmation is a page in the front of the service book, it should be stamped, dated and signed. Mine is dated and signed but there is no stamp. I asked about this and the dealer said we don't PDI the vehicles its all done at a central dept.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

1 0 0

4. Re: Does a cutomer get a copy of the PDI? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Had a new A4 arrive at work today and it had a PDI on paper, with a whole load of ticks against it.
    2010 Astra SRi 1.6T
    2004 Golf GT TDI 2.0 - Sadly Departed

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

0 0 0

5. Re: Does a cutomer get a copy of the PDI? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello everyone.

My dealer called yesterday saying that my car (Golf Mk6 Match 2.0 140PS) has arrived in Grimsby and will be with them tomorrow (Friday). I will arrange with them to collect sometime next week.
    Hi there, been watching this forum for ages ( I am also on the mark 6 community forum) as I have a new Golf SE on order that should be shipped to UK anyime soon. I thought the new Match was only avaliable from about 3 weeks ago so am surprised that it is already at Grimsby !

Did you order an SE and it was automatically upgraded to a Match? Or if you actually ordered a Match just wondered when you ordered ? as my dealer said VW didn't tell them about the Match until late May !

Thanks

0 0 0

6. Re: Does a cutomer get a copy of the PDI? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi.

The car was ordered on 26 April as an SE (with a few extras: a) leather steering wheel b) highline computer c) fog lights).

I wanted the MFSW but couldn't afford it.

Lurking in the forums I found out that the SE was to be discontinued and to be replaced by the Match from build week 22.

I contacted my dealer some weeks ago and they told me that my car was to be built in week 23 and the system showed it as a 'Match'.

The dealer late last week rang me saying that the car was built and on its way to Emden for shipping (wow! it actully was built in week 23!). I asked him whether he could confirm that it was built as a 'Match' but he forgot to confirm it on the system. They estimated that the car would be with them in the next 2 or 3 weeks.

On Monday of this week, the dealer rang saying that the car was now in Grimsby!!! They also confirmed (without me prompting) that the car was in fact a 'Match'.

So I am one lucky person. :-)

I would ask your dealer to confirm the build week. As I understand it, SEs were discontinued from week 22.

Regards,
    Darren

0 0 0

7. Re: Does a cutomer get a copy of the PDI? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithuk View Post
    The PDI confirmation is a page in the front of the service book, it should be stamped, dated and signed. Mine is dated and signed but there is no stamp. I asked about this and the dealer said we don't PDI the vehicles its all done at a central dept.
    If the PDI is not done by the dealer , who would feel responsible if there are problems ?
    MK6 Golf SE 1.6TDI 105bhp winter pack ,sunroof , full size alloy spare wheel, flat tyre indicator
    Skoda Octavia II SE 1.9PD TDI
    VW 1302LS Beetle Karmann Cabriolet 1971 1584cc

0 0 0

8. Re: Does a cutomer get a copy of the PDI? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vwcabriolet1971 View Post
    If the PDI is not done by the dealer , who would feel responsible if there are problems ?
    I would say the dealer is still responsible as they all work for the same company. If you see anything that should have been picked up on the PDI contact the dealer.

P.S. If any of you are picking up your new car then I would copy and paste this checklist so you have some things to look out for. As you will see item 16 is the PDI check.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

1 0 0

9. Re: Does a cutomer get a copy of the PDI? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi.

The car was ordered on 26 April as an SE (with a few extras: a) leather steering wheel b) highline computer c) fog lights).

I wanted the MFSW but couldn't afford it.

Lurking in the forums I found out that the SE was to be discontinued and to be replaced by the Match from build week 22.

I contacted my dealer some weeks ago and they told me that my car was to be built in week 23 and the system showed it as a 'Match'.

The dealer late last week rang me saying that the car was built and on its way to Emden for shipping (wow! it actully was built in week 23!). I asked him whether he could confirm that it was built as a 'Match' but he forgot to confirm it on the system. They estimated that the car would be with them in the next 2 or 3 weeks.

On Monday of this week, the dealer rang saying that the car was now in Grimsby!!! They also confirmed (without me prompting) that the car was in fact a 'Match'.

So I am one lucky person. :-)

I would ask your dealer to confirm the build week. As I understand it, SEs were discontinued from week 22.

Regards,
    Darren
    Well done great that you got the Match upgrade! The extras now added in must be a real bonus.

My 1.4 TSI SE was ordered early April, with loads of options, luckily I got a decent discount which matched an internet broker price. I was still a tad annoyed though, when the Match came out as a lot of my options were included in the new Match spec.

I never wanted my car until 1st September either, and was also told my Golf was being built in week 21 approx ?? and that it would be at dealers by late June.

I went back to my dealers and aired my concerns about me effectively losing out in view of the spec change and the fact that perhaps I didn't need to have ordered when I did to get delivery for 1st Sept,which is what the dealer told me.

They then gave me a £650 price reduction and I also negotiated a free basic protection pack worth £220 (mudflaps, mats and boot liner) so with that and my original good discount I am again happy.

I haven't heard from the dealers for about 10 days, I guess it must be due with them very soon, although as said I have to wait until 1st Sept now. Only 76 days to go !

0 0 0

10. Re: Does a cutomer get a copy of the PDI? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's good that you got a price reduction. I too bought the car much less than the RRP. After visiting the dealer in the morning, I went home to see if there was a better deal out there. I rang the dealer in the afternoon saying that I can get the car much cheaper if I bought it on the Internet. I asked whether they wanted a sale and match the Internet price and they said 'yes'. So all in all, I am very pleased.
    Darren

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast